GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 944
2 members and 942 guests
LarryByday

Old 02-17-2000, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Post Now that Fred's gone...

I'm rather new to this sight and everything, but I've been reading through a lot of these posts. It seems to me that even though every body hated Fred, he somehow brought out something in some of us. Some of the replies to his commits were well thought out and emotional. So, by playing the part of the bad guy, Fred actually did a good thing by forcing us to THINK and defend those truths that we hold to be self-evident. He brought everyone here together to fight against one common enemy. I just thought that it was a nice, interesting twist to the normal so-so topics that I've seen on this site.
But I got the impression that he was taking it a little to far when I saw that he was harrassing people through e-mail. That's just not right; it's an invasion of privacy.
Anyway Fred's gone now, although I guess he could come back on as a different Username, So now what?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-17-2000, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

You are very correct. Fred actually accomplished the exact opposite of what his intentions were. He wants to see greek orginizations suffer. He wants us all to shut down. By uniting together, greeks can accomplish so much more. As for Fred coming back, let him try! The same things will happen. Even if we don't know it's him, he will do the same thing and we will kick him out again, or anyone else who comes along with the the same attitude.
Old 02-17-2000, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I think it's funny that all of the points Fred was trying to put across back fired on him. Every comment he had to make was responded to with well thought out, intelligent, and emotional answers. Everyone who responded actually contributed to proving the opposite of what he had to say. I think everyone who responded should feel proud that you defended your beliefs and stuck by your guns through this whole "Fred" situation.
Allison

------------------
Somewhere, somehow, it should be possible to touch someone and never let go again. To hold someone, not for a moment but forever.

Old 03-10-2000, 01:14 AM
GreekChat Member

I figured I would never hear or read about Fred again. Oh, well. Life goes on.