GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,380
2 members and 1,378 guests
acg233, naraht

Old 09-26-2005, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

University of Illinois Recruitment

Does anyone have results? All I've heard is that 16/18 made quota.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: University of Illinois Recruitment

Quote:
Originally posted by winssay
Does anyone have results? All I've heard is that 16/18 made quota.
That's more than I have heard. I e-mailed our chapter...no response. No one seems to know!! 16/18 is awesome though. Go U of I Greeks!
Old 09-26-2005, 10:49 PM

I know AOII got 56, quota was 53.

ETA: I just e-mailed my source so hopefully she will know the scoop for the other chapters.

Last edited by irishpipes; 09-26-2005 at 10:56 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:01 AM
GreekChat Member

DG got 56 (per ADDG over in our forum)!
Old 09-27-2005, 08:06 AM
GreekChat Member

more good news....way to go.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:37 PM

One of the AOIIs at Illinois said that quota was 53 and that each chapter could take as many as 3 over quota. That sounds strange to me. Wouldn't each chapter be able to go over quota based on each's numbers in relation to campus total? Does anyone (ahem...deltabetababy...) know if U of I is using a different approach? Of course this girl might have misunderstood, too.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

quota plus is not determined by what a chapters total membership is, but has more to do with trying to place as many pnms as possible.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Quote:
Originally posted by irishpipes
One of the AOIIs at Illinois said that quota was 53 and that each chapter could take as many as 3 over quota. That sounds strange to me. Wouldn't each chapter be able to go over quota based on each's numbers in relation to campus total? Does anyone (ahem...deltabetababy...) know if U of I is using a different approach? Of course this girl might have misunderstood, too.
In an effort to place as many women as possible in the Panhellenic system, a CPH may use quota plus during bidmatching. Whenever possible, the quota overage should be no more than 5% of quota. For a quota of 53, that means an additional 3 PNMs can be placed (actual 5% is 2.65, so you round up).

Quota is not determined by chapter total. A chapter can always take quota, even it puts them over campus total.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Yes, quota additions were usually 2 or 3 while I was there. It hurts the smaller chapters a lot, though, and in my mind, means the release figures aren't being done properly.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

So many views on this thread...and no one has news??

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltaBetaBaby
Yes, quota additions were usually 2 or 3 while I was there. It hurts the smaller chapters a lot, though, and in my mind, means the release figures aren't being done properly.
Hmm, now I'm in math-minded mode. Let's just say that all 16 chapters that reached quota also got three more by quota additions (Did they? We don't know, but for the sake of my argument, let's say yes.) That would add another 48 women to bid lists, which is almost a full new member class for a smaller chapter that may need it. Granted, if all chapters then hit total, maybe it would be time to bring back a chapter that used to be at Illinois. Plus, aren't our quota additions not based on year in school?
Old 10-01-2005, 07:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Exactly, 48 is a lot of girls, especially when many of them skip parties earlier in the process.

We just lost a chapter, and two are struggling, so I do not think it is the right time to bring anyone back. I think we should fix the inequities that favor the larger chapters.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

actually, quota plus was instituted to insure that pnms who maximized their chances for receiving a bid by attending all the parties they are invited to, attending all the prefs they are invited to and ranking all the houses they can list that they would accept a bid from, did not go bidless. and as martha says,"that's a good thing."
Old 10-01-2005, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by FSUZeta
actually, quota plus was instituted to insure that pnms who maximized their chances for receiving a bid by attending all the parties they are invited to, attending all the prefs they are invited to and ranking all the houses they can list that they would accept a bid from, did not go bidless. and as martha says,"that's a good thing."
Right, but if you READ my post, my beef is with the ones who SKIP parties, then end up as quota additions. In addition, I trust the Greek Life office to get release figures right like I trust WalMart to treat its workers fairly.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:46 PM

Quote:
We just lost a chapter, and two are struggling, so I do not think it is the right time to bring anyone back.
I wasn't aware of that. We lost 3 (ZTA, AZD, & DPE) while I was there, but gained 1 (DZ). I didn't know anything had happened since then. That's too bad.

On the quota plus issue, I knew a chapter could take quota in any circumstance, but I didn't know they could go over quota if that put them above campus total.

Last edited by irishpipes; 10-01-2005 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

quota plus is designed to help those women who MAXIMIZE their chances by attending all parties. if women are skipping parties and are then receiving bids as quota additions, the school is not using it as it was intended.