GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 989
1 members and 988 guests
bjenzdarka5720

Old 04-05-2005, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Out Fraternities

All those who wish to answer please do so. I do not want to offend anyone. Does anyone know the sames of some gay fraternities? A few of mr friends r interested in pledging but i do not know of any(i am female by the way). Thanks 4 any help.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Here is an article about one in Syracuse. I don't know if they went national/international
http://www.dailyorange.com/news/2004...e-824673.shtml

Gay fraternity looks to future
New recruits allow DLP to apply for national recognition
By Michael Lopardi
Published: 12/8/2004
While always acknowledged as part of the greek community at Syracuse University, Delta Lambda Phi, the first greek organization for gay and bisexual men on campus, is about to take the final step toward becoming an officially recognized chapter.
With the induction of four new pledges this semester, DLP now has 11 members, enough to file paperwork with its national foundation to finish out the organizational process that ends with elevation from the status of colony to chapter.

"This really is amazing," said James Kaechele, president of DLP and a junior environmental science major. "I would do anything for the guys in this group and I know that I could count on them for the same."

Kaechele has been a part of the planning process from the beginning when several men met last year with aspirations to start up a fraternity.

"We've put a lot of work and effort into this and it's the result of our work amounting to something," said Albert Nguyen, a senior computer science major and member of DLP who has been with the group since its beginning.

The students spent the last several years going through the stringent process to become a fraternity and must now stand by while the petition review board of the national DLP organization goes over their petition and the group is approved at a national conference in January.

"We don't have anything more to do than to wait," said Kaechele.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Also check out this source
http://www.lambda10.org

Also another book to check out
Out on Fraternity Row: Personal Accounts of Being Gay in a College Fraternity edited by Shane L. Windmeyer and Pamela W. Freeman

Hope this helps
Old 04-05-2005, 06:02 PM

I did a quick Google Search for you for Delta Lambda Phi.

Here's their website.

http://www.dlp.org/national/

I imagine they have a list of their chapters and colonies, so you can see if there is one where your friends are.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.