GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Fundraising

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,275
3 members and 1,272 guests
3DGator, FSUZeta, LaneSig

Old 02-13-2013, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Help kappa sigma get a house on campus!

My name is Jared Norwood, and I am a brother of the Kappa Delta chapter of Kappa Sigma, at the University of South Florida. The reason I am writing you today is to ask you for some assistance. We currently have an off campus house in a high crime area of Tampa; However, there is a vacant house open in the USF Greek Village which we are hoping to attain. In order to begin the process, we must gather $25,000 to pay the application fee. Having a house on campus would benefit the chapter ENORMOUSLY, and allow us to help make USF Greek Village a better place for all!
We are holding many fundraising activities, from working concessions at the local Rays and Lightning and Bull's games, to selling raffle tickets and holding a garage sale. I have also started an online fundraisier on gofundme.com, in which I hope you can assist. Any donation or help you would be willing to provide would be absolutely incredible.
The link to our online fundraiser is below,
http://www.gofundme.com/221vic

With all due respect,

Jared Norwood
Fundraising Chair, Kappa Delta Chapter of Kappa Sigma at USF.
A.E.K.Δ.B.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Please don't spam in multiple forums. You posted this twice.

Good luck with your fundraiser.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:41 PM
Banned

You should try to find the person who tried to offer money for a bid that was posted in another thread!

"I've heard of a rushee at my brother's college campus several years back doing just this. He tried to bribe the rush chair and co-chair with $800,000 each (showed up with the cash in two suitcases). He also told the fraternity President that he would be willing to ask his parents for a few millions to donate to the fraternity organization itself. Didn't work and he actually got banned from all the IFCs for doing this action..."
Old 02-13-2013, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

A little advice regarding fundraising: Know your target audience.

Creating an account here and slapping up multiple postings is not a great strategy. Does your chapter and/or local alumni have business/marketing majors or professionals who can help you develop a marketing plan? At least know who is most likely to donate to you, and target your efforts there. Your story as written on the fundraising site claims "we are the largest fraternity in the world." Why not talk to all of those people?

Good luck.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

^All of that and let me add, you must be new and are obviously not getting the help you need with this project. You're going to have pretty poor luck targeting alums outside of your own chapter and especially outside of your fraternity. I'd sooner donate to Sigma Nu at USF, but before that, I'd be giving $ to my own chapter.

Talk to some senior officers or an alumnus adviser.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma