GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,193
0 members and 2,193 guests
No Members online

Old 04-14-2009, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
I can't wait to see next week with Luke going at it with one of the basketball sisters. WTF man. You just don't shove a girl like that. I hope he gets penalized for something...I just can't stand him anymore.

At this point, I really don't have any favorites. If I had to choose one, it'd have to be Tammy and Victor. They're the only ones who don't annoy me.
Yeah, I'm really sick of Luke's temper tantrums. I hope he gets penalized too.

Like I said, at this point it's Tammy and Victor that I'm rooting for. It's funny because I couldn't stand them at first because Victor was so mean to Tammy. But they've really solidified their relationship and come to know and understand each other in a way that helps them work as a team better.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-14-2009, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Jen, that blog makes it sound like they are together! That is great, they are nice people.

I also like Tammy and Victor. I didn't think I would from the way the season started, but they have grown on me. They are definitely, as a couple, the least irritating. I like Luke's mom, but Luke is a pill. I like the nice cheerleader, but her partner is a biatch. The sisters are nice, but not good racers, and I have little patience for stupidity. I greatly dislike the brothers! Cheater, Cheater, Pumpkin Eater!

Last edited by srmom; 04-14-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Uchenna and Joyce were on Style Network's "How Do I Look" a while back. Uchenna nominated Joyce, lol and Joyce later appeared as an "expert" on the show. They seemed happy then.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm going to reserve judgment until I see the whole thing - I dislike the basketball sisters and like Luke and his mom.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
I'm going to reserve judgment until I see the whole thing - I dislike the basketball sisters and like Luke and his mom.
Same here. I can't help but wonder if the editing of the preview is meant to throw us off a little.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Sidenote for Team GC....

Just saw a commercial for a casting call here in the Chicagoland area for next Friday (Apr 24) - perhaps this could be the opportunity for Team GC to take it all?
Old 04-15-2009, 08:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarpi View Post
Sidenote for Team GC....

Just saw a commercial for a casting call here in the Chicagoland area for next Friday (Apr 24) - perhaps this could be the opportunity for Team GC to take it all?
If only Team GC -- or either of its members -- lived near Chicago.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
True...too true :/
Old 04-19-2009, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, I'm biased - but did it go down like this:

- rush to the clue box
- one of the sisters pushes Luke
- Luke throws his elbow
- sister calls him "bitch".

Did I miss anything? Cause I'm thinking that the name calling wasn't necessary - especially if she pushed first.

As an aside - gypsyboots now knows ASL for "bitch". Look - it's an educational show!

eta - I'm calling a draw here at the end. The sisters shouldn't be so,um, witchy, but Luke & Mom overreacted.

Last edited by SWTXBelle; 04-19-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
If only Team GC -- or either of its members -- lived near Chicago.
ARGH! When, MC, WHEN will we get our shot?!??!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
Okay, I'm biased - but did it go down like this:

- rush to the clue box
- one of the sisters pushes Luke
- Luke throws his elbow
- sister calls him "bitch".

Did I miss anything? Cause I'm thinking that the name calling wasn't necessary - especially if she pushed first.

As an aside - gypsyboots now knows ASL for "bitch". Look - it's an educational show!

eta - I'm calling a draw here at the end. The sisters shouldn't be so,um, witchy, but Luke & Mom overreacted.
I finally caught a whole episode tonight beginning to end! And I agree, Mom went from 0 to 60 on that situation pretty quick there. I felt bad for the brother and sister standing between those two teams at the Pit Stop pad!
Old 04-20-2009, 12:14 AM

In the first incident, it looked to me like they were running for the clue box at the hair salon at the same time, and she basically ran up behind him and into him, and she put her hand on his back to brake, thereby touching him. Throwing the elbow up was totally unnecessary by him.

Later on, on the mat, I thought Margie went totally overboard, bringing up the whole, "You're black...you should know what it feels like.". Cheese and rice.

And yes, while Kisha and Jen were smiling, I think it was more of a nervous reaction to a stressful situation (kind of like when you are under tension and feel as though you are going to laugh in an inappropriate situation...like a funeral for an example).

That's how I saw it go down.

Last edited by CutiePie2000; 04-20-2009 at 12:20 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to a.e.B.O.T.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutiePie2000 View Post
In the first incident, it looked to me like they were running for the clue box at the hair salon at the same time, and she basically ran up behind him and into him, and she put her hand on his back to brake, thereby touching him. Throwing the elbow up was totally unnecessary by him.

Later on, on the mat, I thought Margie went totally overboard, bringing up the whole, "You're black...you should know what it feels like.". Cheese and rice.

And yes, while Kisha and Jen were smiling, I think it was more of a nervous reaction to a stressful situation (kind of like when you are under tension and feel as though you are going to laugh in an inappropriate situation...like a funeral for an example).

That's how I saw it go down.
I totally agree... I think they both overreacted, but Mom and Luke were way out of control... Yes Keisha and Jen should not of been smiling, it was insensitive, but it was not out of control like the black comment and mommy's outrage and luke's storming off... And the only intended violence that seemed to appear was the clear elbow Luke gave...
Old 04-20-2009, 06:33 AM
GreekChat Member

I thought they were both running to the clue box at full tilt and she wasn't able to brake quickly enough so she bumped into him and put her hand on his back in a reflexive "catch yourself" kind of movement. He threw the elbow. Adrenalin was high. I thought they were doing the nervous laughter/smiling at the end. I kind of want to watch that part again. I happen to have a son who has a hard time not laughing when he's in trouble, and I know how infuriating it is to be yelling at him and have him smiling or laughing, but I also understand that it's how he reacts to being in trouble. I don't think Mom was going from 0-60 at that point, it had been brewing all day with repeated interactions and fuming while in the cab.

This leg of the race was so incredibly close among the first three teams. Wow!

I'm so glad the cheater men are gone but the girls with the dancing almost lost that huge lead. I'd guess that unless someone makes a huge error, the top three tonight will be the final three. The girls mess up too often but have managed to stay in it because others mess up worse.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:55 AM

I do think everything got blown out of proportion, but I do have to come to Luke and Margie's defense on a couple of points.

Simple fact: Luke is deaf. I don't think Keisha (Jen?) meant to run into him at the first clue box, but Luke's elbow was an instinctive reaction for someone who cannot hear and is wary of being attacked from behind.

Keisha and Jen could do nothing but complain about what happened in the cab to the next clue. In my opinion, they were hoping/looking for something to happen the next time they ran into Margie and Luke.

Luke should have let it go when they reached the check in. But, he was angry and wanted to make his case known. As Margie said, all his life, people have made fun of him when he signs. When Margie saw the girls laughing, I don't blame her for her first reaction being that someone was making fun of her child. I think most mothers would react the same way.

I did have to laugh a little at Victor and Tammy literally caught in the middle. Victor looked like he wanted to be anyplace else in the world, but standing between two fighting teams.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 04-20-2009, 08:37 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^ My thoughts exactly.

And our time will come, NA. Our time will come.