GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,243
2 members and 1,241 guests
navane, speedsters

Old 07-29-2011, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Shoes

How conservative should the shoes be? I have a pair of cute wedges with a funky print on them but I've read that we should stick to conservative styles (solid colored pumps). Just wondering if a pair of fun shoes would be appropriate or not? Also, would 4 inch heels be considered too high? Is it okay to wear flats?
Old 07-29-2011, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvrj123 View Post
How conservative should the shoes be? I have a pair of cute wedges with a funky print on them but I've read that we should stick to conservative styles (solid colored pumps). Just wondering if a pair of fun shoes would be appropriate or not? Also, would 4 inch heels be considered too high? Is it okay to wear flats?
I think it depends what you wear with them. Fun shoes are great so long as they're not overpowering everything else. Patterned wedges with a solid, neutral dress? Probably ok. With a crazy printed dress? Probably not.
Any questions about outfits that you might have should probably be directed to your recruitment counselor -- they know what's normal at your school. In general I think it's better to err on the side of being more conservative, but again, it depends on the place.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvrj123 View Post

It obviously differs school to school.. But.. At my school for pref round I wore a plain simple black dress with cute leopard and black heels. The girl rushing me complimented them and said she was definitely borrowing them, it made for good non-awkward / friendly conversation at a nerve racking and stressful time
Old 07-31-2011, 02:59 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm rushing at an Indiana university next year. Opinions on this dress for pref night? I've had it for a few years, and my sister who is a Pi Phi & goes to school in Ohio says its perfect. My personal style is more dressy, but I'll wear this if it works.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecouture19 View Post
I'm rushing at an Indiana university next year. Opinions on this dress for pref night? I've had it for a few years, and my sister who is a Pi Phi & goes to school in Ohio says its perfect. My personal style is more dressy, but I'll wear this if it works.

Not to comment on specifically for Indiana, I think the dress is cute, but it might be a bit much in the cleavage area. I have that issue and usually it gets solved with some tailoring (taking it up in the shoulders to fit my proportions) or in the event of a surplice or wrap top some kind of fastener to prevent gaping or sliding.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Here is the link for the University's dress code for each day of rush.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Even though this thread is old, it is a LIFE SAVER. Thank you all so much!
Old 02-29-2012, 08:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Some new ideas to bring the thread back to the top!

Old 03-01-2012, 05:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDaisy128 View Post
Some new ideas to bring the thread back to the top!

You have REALLY nice style. Those dresses are SOOO cute! I kind of want to buy them just to wear them to the next school formal and my friends birthday parties.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur de Lis View Post
I had WAY too much fun with this. I had a deferred recruitment, so here is what I'd wear if I were going through summer recruitment today.

The nail polish from the first two and last two are supposed to be the same. I am obsessed with dresses right now, and apparently bright colors, too.
Did Fleur de Lis ever tell anyone where she saw this second dress?
Old 04-12-2012, 12:19 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Those dresses are completely adorable.

My only advice is on the shoes- PLEASE practice walking in them. All of them. So many women came through recruitment looking like giraffes because they couldn't walk in their shoes! If you can't walk in the shoes, pick different ones!

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 04-12-2012, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Did Fleur de Lis ever tell anyone where she saw this second dress?
I ran the image through TinEye and it found the dress--sort of. It's a piece from modcloth.com, but while I have the image URL for the site, I can't find the product page where it should be. I'm not optimistic that they're still selling it.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Are they made by manufacturers or independent seamstresses?

(And thanks!)
Old 04-12-2012, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoses View Post
^^^ My only advice is on the shoes- PLEASE practice walking in them. All of them. So many women came through recruitment looking like giraffes because they couldn't walk in their shoes! If you can't walk in the shoes, pick different ones!
I agree...higher is not better if you're teetering around and appear to be on the verge of tipping over. Plus, many women don't have the legs to pull off the super high heel look...just because you're wearing Carrie Bradford heels, doesn't mean your legs now look like Carrie Bradford's.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

I have heard far too many stories about PNMs falling off of/tripping with really high heels as well as flashing the sororities when their strapless tops fell.