GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,087
1 members and 2,086 guests
John

Old 07-17-2004, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Charmed

I'm not sure how many of y'all watch Charmed, but I love the show. Anyways, I was searching the petitions online and I found one started for getting Charmed available on DVD. So I thought I would share.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/charmdvd

I for one wish WB would just release Charmed and wish I knew what was taking them so long to do so.

I signed and just wanted to share so that other Charmed fans could sign also.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-17-2004, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: On your nearest moniter waiting to be called a b*tch
Re: Charmed

Quote:
Originally posted by ASUADPi
I'm not sure how many of y'all watch Charmed, but I love the show. Anyways, I was searching the petitions online and I found one started for getting Charmed available on DVD. So I thought I would share.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/charmdvd

I for one wish WB would just release Charmed and wish I knew what was taking them so long to do so.

I signed and just wanted to share so that other Charmed fans could sign also.
Yes! FINALLY! I'm a HUGE fan of Phoebe Halliwell! And yeah, Buffy AND Smallville both have dvd's! Charmed has been out since 98' and hopefully another season to follow after this past season finale. I WILL be signing the list.

Imperial1
Old 07-18-2004, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: The city with the beautiful Lake Michigan skyline and Deep dish pizza!
I am a huge charmed fan. I catch it everymorning on TNT as I get dressed to work and I make it home in time to catch it at 5. Though I love them all, Pru included, my favorite is Piper. I know the majority of the spells by now. My best spell is for vanquishing the Woogey. "I am light...." you know the rest. What are your faves?
Old 07-18-2004, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Good question. My faves....

Episodes: (I only know a few of the "actual" episode names)

The one when Wyatt is born
Morality Bites
The one with death (right before Prue dies in season 3)
Charmed Again One and Two
The Courtship of Wyatt's Father
Chris-Crossed (b/c we see future Wyatt and future Wyatt is kind of cute. LOL)
The spider demon one (just b/c Leo finds out about Chris)
It's a bad, bad World (I think that was the name of the season finale)

Spells:

The "I am light" spell

"Here these words, here my cry, spirit from the other side, come to me, I summon thee, cross now the great divide"

"Take him back, Take him away, remove him now don't let him stay, we call the spirits to help undo and send him off to tenbuktwo." (sorry I love this spell from Charmed Again part 1

Old 07-19-2004, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: The city with the beautiful Lake Michigan skyline and Deep dish pizza!
I was speaking of " I am light. I am one too strong to fight. Return to darkness where shadows dwell. You cannot have this Halliwell. So go away and leave my sight and take with you this endless night." But I love them all.
Old 07-19-2004, 06:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jess_pom
I used to love this show but I lost track of it after they moved it from Thursday nights. I really have no idea what's going on now.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by vanda
I was speaking of " I am light. I am one too strong to fight. Return to darkness where shadows dwell. You cannot have this Halliwell. So go away and leave my sight and take with you this endless night." But I love them all.
Ok, so I'm bringing up an old thread! lol.

I dont know how many of y'all saw this episode a few weeks ago...but there was a new episode of Charmed where they had to "fight" the Woogey. Of course the episode consisted of some demons trying to steal the Nexus, and they wanted to control the Woogey. Well they couldn't and the sisters had to get rid of the Woogey.

What pissed me off is they SAID THE SPELL WRONG!! They ended up saying "I am light, I am one to strong to fight. So go away and leave my sight and take with you this endless night." Or something. They said it wrong...i remember because this is my favorite spell, so I started saying it with them (lol ). Pissed me off!! lol
Old 05-04-2005, 09:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by epchick
Ok, so I'm bringing up an old thread! lol.

I dont know how many of y'all saw this episode a few weeks ago...but there was a new episode of Charmed where they had to "fight" the Woogey. Of course the episode consisted of some demons trying to steal the Nexus, and they wanted to control the Woogey. Well they couldn't and the sisters had to get rid of the Woogey.

What pissed me off is they SAID THE SPELL WRONG!! They ended up saying "I am light, I am one to strong to fight. So go away and leave my sight and take with you this endless night." Or something. They said it wrong...i remember because this is my favorite spell, so I started saying it with them (lol ). Pissed me off!! lol
OMG I was so mad too! I had read the previews and got all excited they were going to say my favorite spell. But they cut it short and I felt Gypped. I think the reason they didn't say "Return to darkness where shadows dwell, you cannot have this Halliwell" is because Paige's last name is Matthews.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by vanda
OMG I was so mad too! I had read the previews and got all excited they were going to say my favorite spell. But they cut it short and I felt Gypped. I think the reason they didn't say "Return to darkness where shadows dwell, you cannot have this Halliwell" is because Paige's last name is Matthews.
But she is still a Halliwell...it bugged me though, isn't it if the spell isn't said correctly it wouldn't work? I mean the spell was really just intended for Phoebe to use anyways. Urgh!! lol. This is the first time they've jipped us either...but I still love the show.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ariesrising
Can someone explain what happened with the Avatars and how Leo lost his powers?

I missed a TON of episodes. Last I saw, the Charmed ones found out about the Avatars and were intrigued, but Agent Brody was pissed and Paige was on his side...he had some Avatar killing potion left over still.

And the next thing I saw was an ep where Wyatt putt Piper and Leo in the doll house and Leo was no longer a white lighter and the avatars were gone.

Someone fill in the blanks!
Ok this is what I remember (but please correct me if i'm wrong). The girls did find out about the Avatars, and all were reluctant to believe they were not evil. Phoebe had a premonition of the future....utopia, where there were no demons, Chris and Wyatt were pre-teens and Phoebe had a daughter. Utopia was credited to the avatars. Paige was not so reluctant, and believed Agent Brody. He did use his potion to kill one of the Avatars...the girl (i forgot her name). Then later on, Paige takes Agent Brody back to the day his parents were killed. Since Agent Brody really didn't see WHO killed his parents, Paige wanted him to know for sure if it was the Avatars. Turns out that it was demons who killed his parents, not the avatars.

This is where I get rather sketchy because i've missed episodes as well:

The Girls decide to take the Avatars up on their offer, and for a while there were no longer demons....it was Utopia. But the sisters got tired of Utopia, they didn't really have anything to do. You could say they got bored of not fighting demons, so they wanted their "regular" life back....they wanted to be able to fight demons. So...i dont know what really happened, but they got rid of Utopia and brought back the demons.

Now there is this demon, Sansu or something like that, that is trying to become the next source. And so, every demon that the sisters now kill have ties to Sansu.

FYI: The episode about the dollhouse is the same episode where they say the Woogey Spell wrong!

I'm not sure about what Leo is doing...for all intents and purposes I say he is mortal... and he took over Paige's job at Magic School.

A question for y'all who saw the dollhouse episode (since it is one of the first episodes i've seen in a long time). Isn't baby Wyatt adorable? I mean he was a cute baby, but for some reason in that dollhouse episode it made me wish he was around 20 so i could date him!! LMAO.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Zankou is the guy trying to become the source. Leo killed two elders so the head elders gave him a choice: They sent him back to earth a mortal with no memory. If Piper found him, he was meant to be mortal and no longer an elder or whitelighter, whatever he is these days. If she didn't, it was back to healing and orbing. Piper found her man and now he's mortal and since he has knowledge of demons they asked him to take over magic school and now Paige has to explore her whitelighter side by being given a charge. Oh yeah Cole showed up again a few episodes back, but I can't remeber exactly what the reason was. This may be sketchy but I think it's close.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: On your nearest moniter waiting to be called a b*tch
BTW, The first season is now on DVD!

O and instead of Fav. episodes, I'll list imo the funniest episodes:

"Chick Flick" when Piper said "I'm being stalked by a killer and I hide in the SHOWER?!?!?!!"

And "Sense and Sense Ability." Probably the funniest scene ever is this one:

Phoebe: Oh my God! Piper, you're blind.
Piper: Yeah, Phoebe, I just said that. Now could we talk about how a monkey could do that?
Phoebe: (to Paige) What did she say?
Piper: What did who say? The monkey? The monkey didn't say anything. He just covered my eyes and stole my eyesight.
Paige holds up a sign that says 'How?'.
Phoebe: I think the monkey stole your eyesight when he covered your eyes.
Piper: Uh! Phoebe, are you listening to me? That's what I just said. You are acting like you can't even hear me.
Phoebe: Piper, it's no use. I can't even hear you. The monkey stole my hearing.
Piper: Oh, he got you too, which means somebody sent that flea-infested primate after us. We've gotta find Paige.
Paige claps to try to tell Piper that she is in the room.
Piper: Why are you clapping? This is not funny.

lol

Imperial1
Old 05-09-2005, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Did y'all see last night's episode. It was very interesting!!!

Hmmm...my favorite episodes? I really like that "Sense and Sensibility" on, but my favorite is from when Piper is in that "mental" hospital (literally).

Piper: Just get me out of these things, we need to reverse this damn spell. (Phoebe closes her eyes and gasps.) What is it? What did you see?
Phoebe: I saw the back of my eyelids, what do you think I saw?

(Phoebe unbuckles Paige. They stand up.)

Piper: Alright, I don't know what the hell is going on here, but we've gotta get to the Book of Shadows, and since evil can't touch it, it's still gotta be in the attic. Right, right, right? Let's go.

(They run out of the room.)

[Cut to the hallway. Medical equipment is lined up against the walls. Piper and Paige sneak down.]

Piper: Alright, the first thing we gotta do is... Where's Phoebe?
Paige: Who cares?

(Phoebe catches up to them, holding a broom.)

Phoebe: Sorry, had to grab my broom.
Piper: For what?
Phoebe: Well, for flying, silly. (They hear a man yelling from the attic.) Uh-oh, another innocent to save.

oh Lord...it might not sound soo funny, but when u watch it...its hilarious.

Another one I like is from this season, when Phoebe's column wins an award. Grams had cast a spell that reverted the 3 girls to their childhood state, so Phobe was acting like a little girl:

Man: If I could please have everyone's attention. This year's winner of the San Francisco Reader's Choice award for single best column is, The Bay Mirror's Phoebe Halliwell.

(Phoebe giggles.)

Les: Hey, it's not too late. If you still want me to go up there for you I can.
Phoebe: Yeah, nice try. (Phoebe goes up on stage and takes the award.) Thank you. Wow. I mean, this is so awesome. This is so, like, totally, amazingly awesome. Really, totally awesome. Thanks.

(The crowd applauses. A woman stands up.)

Woman: In your column...
Phoebe: Yes, you mean the bestest column in all the world.

That last line is soo funny because she holds up the award and then makes a little semicircle move from one corner of the podium to the other. Oh lord, just thinking about it is hilarious
Old 05-09-2005, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Speaking of last nights episode was anyone else a little annoyed that Chris wasn't mentioned. I totally get why they didn't mention to Wyatt that Chris came back in time to save him, but I was a little shocked that Piper and Leo didn't ask how Chris was doing. I mean he died for pity's sake. I may not be a parent but I would want to know how my kids are doing. Call it curiosity killed the cat. I know some will say future consequences but that was thrown out the window the moment Wyatt from the future showed up.

Old 05-09-2005, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ASUADPi
Speaking of last nights episode was anyone else a little annoyed that Chris wasn't mentioned. I totally get why they didn't mention to Wyatt that Chris came back in time to save him, but I was a little shocked that Piper and Leo didn't ask how Chris was doing. I mean he died for pity's sake. I may not be a parent but I would want to know how my kids are doing. Call it curiosity killed the cat. I know some will say future consequences but that was thrown out the window the moment Wyatt from the future showed up.
I was wondering the same thing, but I figured that it really didn't "flow" with the episode I guess. Yeah he died, but everyone knows that Chris isn't DEAD. Things change. I dont know why they didn't ask about Chris, Wyatt did mention something about Chris when he saw him, but Piper really didn't want to know anything about the future. I kinda hope that Wyatt doesn't turn evil anymore...lol. Little Wyatt is too adorable.