GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Up & Coming National GLOs

Up & Coming National GLOs This area is for discussion of issues affecting GLOs which are larger than a local, yet are still growing into a national GLO.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,319
1 members and 1,318 guests
acg233

Old 05-06-2012, 06:15 PM
GreekChat Member

National American Greek Council?

Hey all,
i was wondering if anyone has heard of or worked with the National American Greek Council (NAGC)? I have read about them but I can't seem to find any way to get ahold of them. I know there are ten or so organizations that they suposedly oversee, but I can't find a working website or email. Does anyone know if this council still exists?

I apologize if this thread is in the wrong area. I am new to the forum.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

It literally took me 12 seconds to find their website with contact information. Google them.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Although I feel that that was a slight attack at my intellegence, I'll let you know that I am a smart and functioning person. I did google them, found the web sites that were listed and i contacted all the web sites and emails that I found.. they are either broken links or false emails. I was asking if anyone had any first hand experience with them in order to find out if they still exist. I didn't come here to waste peoples time with pointless questions, i did research, including google, for a few hours, just thought that maybe someone had actual dealings with them or one of the organizations that they represent and could offer further info.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by obzgirl View Post
Although I feel that that was a slight attack at my intellegence, I'll let you know that I am a smart and functioning person. I did google them, found the web sites that were listed and i contacted all the web sites and emails that I found.. they are either broken links or false emails. I was asking if anyone had any first hand experience with them in order to find out if they still exist. I didn't come here to waste peoples time with pointless questions, i did research, including google, for a few hours, just thought that maybe someone had actual dealings with them or one of the organizations that they represent and could offer further info.
<snicker>
Old 05-20-2012, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

I do not know anyone who has dealt with NAGC per se. If it still exists, it is not yet on a level where college administrators are taking it seriously.

If you are looking for a council for your organization to join, the most important question to ask is "Why do we need to be on a council?" You may find that there's nothing in particular about being on a council that will advance your organization in the ways you hope. Then again, you wouldn't really know that until after you've joined a council, or unless some kindly fraternal consultant answered your questions via PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obzgirl View Post
No, I was not attacking your intelligence. I do find it unfortunate, however, that "a few hours" on Google didn't yield the same results that my 12 seconds did.

The website I found was not down. The Facebook group that I found had activity as early as this year. There are also links to member organizations' websites that can be used to assist you in this endeavor.

Old 05-20-2012, 08:25 AM
GreekChat Member

It still exists. I think you should take Senusret I's advice to heart if you are looking to join a council. There are, I believe, posts around here from the founder of the council that are very telling. I would find and read them before getting in touch with anyone.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

It seems comprised of a bunch of groups I've never heard of and includes catering services? Is this real?

http://www.wix.com/nagc2004/nagc#!why-nagc?
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 05-20-2012, 11:49 AM

Alpha Psi Omega??? Why on earth would they be in a conference? I'm guessing this is another group who has never heard of the honorary theatre arts fraternity.

But hey, they "support" Greek Chat, so I guess we should give them some love.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks to those that helped. And I understand that the site may still be "up" and ppl may be posting to the FB, and those things I did check before posting, However, when you email or use the contact info there is no reply or a return failed email. My hours of google did produce the same results as your seconds, but I received no response from any of the sites/contact info. As far as the laugh at my intelligence it doesn't prevent typos after being on a computer for hours, but I am currently about to graduate Summa Cum Laude so a snicker is whatever if it brings you happiness. In any case I guess seeking this council out is not worth my time.
Thanks again to those that offered constructive help.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I would take your search results as instructive. It was a fly by night idea and somebody had the motivation to get themselves a presence on the web. And then they went away.