GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Delta Rho

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,369
0 members and 1,369 guests
No Members online

Old 09-27-2000, 02:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Improving our image

Hey guys, what's shakin? I'm writing this little note to see if anyone of you can help think of any ways to improve our Greek image. From movies to family and friends, kids have been told for years that faternities are bad and nothing but trouble. They've seen us party and they've heard of our reputations. With low numbers all across the board nationwide, we really need to do something about our image. Gino Ratti once wrote something about getting away from the social aspects of the fraternity and returning to our roots. In the time since the Ratti stone was carved, he watched the emphasis shift towards more social ties and he was unhappy with it. I don't know, maybe he's right and that's what we need to do. Somehow, we need to change the focus from parties and beer back to Honor Super Omnia and all that entales. What do you guys think? Can we do it? Better yet, how can we do it?

Ben Miller Alpha Alpha

------------------
Don't walk in front of me and be my leader,
Don't walk behind me and be my follower...
Walk alongside me and be my brother.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-20-2000, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Hey!!! I know this way late, but I have lots of ideas on this subject. Email me mgfarmer@radford.edu.
Old 03-18-2002, 12:32 AM
hendrixski

Hey
I think that fraternities can improve their image by both the diversity and caliber of events they hold, and their cumulative GPA (my chapter has the highest GPA on campus, and we're still workin' on improvement). However, I think that for most chapters KDR has a good image in and of itself. We're not all nerds (I mean we don't want to hear people say "can't spell dork without kdr") and we're definately not the hardest of partiers ('cause we don't want people to say "can't spell drunk without kdr"). I believe we have found a happy medium that is condusive to real brotherhood.
KDR
IB