GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 304,712
Threads: 114,433
Welcome to our newest member, maxiustopy6329
» Online Users: 215
4 members and 211 guests
maxiustopy6329, newPNMsMom, yanaryhowa

Old 03-07-2007, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystikchick View Post

it's just...the most i think about this, the more it makes me wonder if they're being overly optimistic, if they've done their homework, if they're going about this in the right way...
I'm not sure they "get" that they would not become active members of the new colony if the chapter DID return. From what it sounds like, these girls are thinking "Our chapter closed and we really didn't get the active experience, but all we have to do is get a big enough group of girls together and the sorority will come back and we can be actives again." It just doesn't work that way.

Lakers Nation.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:35 AM

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
If they are serious about recolonizing, they should know better than to serve alcohol at a recruitment event.

You are very smart to be skeptical of their claims. If the national organization has said no, I would take their word over anything these girls tell you.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
If they are serious about recolonizing, they should know better than to serve alcohol at a recruitment event.
it's not a recruitment event technically speaking since they haven't yet obtained the go ahead (if they are getting the go ahead), it was a get together of sorts to keep up interest and encourage everyone to get to know each other, though i know it seems like a recruitment event to many.

the smartness of the idea is debatable, especially since they knew the vast majority of the girls are underage, but at the same time, since it's not an official rush event because there is no rush or recruitment just yet...

this situation seems more and more convoluted the more i think about it