GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,662
1 members and 1,661 guests
No Members online

Old 05-05-2008, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Questions about transferring colleges when in local sorority

Ok first before I get yelled at I am NOT asking if i can join another sorority. Pledging once is enough and I have respect for my sorority.

With that said I'm transferring colleges and since I was in a local sorority I know my sorority won't be at the new campus. Can I still wear my letters around the new campus even tho my sorority doesn't exist there? What would I be considered to my sorority since I won't be an alumni or active sister (or would i still be considered an active sister?) Can I still go to the pledging events and such for my sorority?

Basically I don't want to forget bout my sorority but I don't know what I can do while at a different college.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneyes12389 View Post
Ok first before I get yelled at I am NOT asking if i can join another sorority. Pledging once is enough and I have respect for my sorority.

With that said I'm transferring colleges and since I was in a local sorority I know my sorority won't be at the new campus. Can I still wear my letters around the new campus even tho my sorority doesn't exist there? What would I be considered to my sorority since I won't be an alumni or active sister (or would i still be considered an active sister?) Can I still go to the pledging events and such for my sorority?

Basically I don't want to forget bout my sorority but I don't know what I can do while at a different college.
Wear your letters if you want. That's your decision. People at your new college don't make the rules on what you can or cannot wear. They're YOUR letters.

As for the other questions, they should really be directed to your sorority's governing board.

Unless any of us here is a member of your local, no one's really qualified to give you an answer.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

ok thank you so much
Old 05-05-2008, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

First, let me congradulate you for the feelings about your Sisters and Local Sorority.

As OTW said, you can wear your letters at your new school. But I wonder how lost you will be not having the same feeling and sisterhood that you had?

Keep and open mind. A lot may depend on what type of local you are in and if there maybe a possiblity of expansion.

Stranger things have happened!

The very best of luck in the future.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 05-05-2008, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Quote:
What would I be considered to my sorority since I won't be an alumni or active sister (or would i still be considered an active sister?)
Basically ditto what OTW said (ask your group about their practices and regulations), but I'm guessing it's *most likely* that you would be considered an alumna of your organization upon your transfer.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Ask your sisters. My sorority just had their first alumna, a girl who transferred to another school.

Zeta Xi Delta Website