GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,233
1 members and 2,232 guests
Low D Flat

Old 08-20-2005, 10:41 AM

UCF Recruitment

Anyone know if this true that there were only 600 PNMs?

Central Florida Future Article

In the past, there's been close to 1,000 women signed up with quota being in the 70's. This just seems like a really small recruitment for UCF.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:43 PM
GreekChat Member

ACK!

That is a drastic drop.

If you find out the reason why, please post.

I wonder how the numbers were at the other Florida schools...
Old 08-21-2005, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to UCFStefanie
Bid Day is tomorrow. SO exciting I only wish I was there to share in the excitment.

I don't know about the drop in numbers. But also think about who was reporting those number and how often they get information correctly.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BellaBerlee
Well I know we had 800+ a little more at the beginning of the week, and all who registered. But numbers as of like Friday was between 530-560.

I think girls dropped because in truth- the cutting was hard and BIG, so if they didn't get what they wanted they dropped. Or another reason, this week was record breaking heat, at like 100 degrees plus 10 degree heat index making it 110; and some girls just can't handle that so they'd try Spring or something.

But it was a significant dropped, but I'm soo excited for Bid Day tomorrow! Its my first one on the "sister side" ... oh yay

<3
"In a word, to be loyal under any and all circumstances to my fraternity and her highest teachings..."
Old 08-21-2005, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by UCFStefanie
But also think about who was reporting those number and how often they get information correctly.
LOL. That's exactly why I asked how true the info was. The Future could never win an award for journalistic integrity.

Still, numbers are way down from previous years. I have some theories about why but I'm not going to get into them on a public board.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

On the flip side... it would be a relief to see smaller new member classes.

Before anyone chastises me for that statement, I want to point out that many of the UCF sororities end up way way WAY over total due to huge new member classes. I enjoyed being a member of a large chapter, but I know that our new member classes are larger than a lot of chapters at other schools!

We pushed hard for expansion in these last 10 years to keep up with the university's growth, to offer more diverse options to prospective sorority women at UCF ... and with the hopes that we could offer more sororities -- with fewer chapter members. They've also initiated new release figures to give everyone a more level playing field.

So whatever the reason, it could be nice to see a new member class of 50... instead of 85. And it could also stop the expansion train for a few years... we've added 5 sororities over the last 10 years... Time to give the most recent 4 a chance to be the new kids and allow them a healthy chance to grow.

Best of luck to the chapters and new members celebrating Bid Day today at UCF!

Last edited by adpiucf; 08-21-2005 at 02:30 PM.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:45 AM
GreekChat Member

UCF Numbers...

Here's what I know, from talking to actives and helping out on the last 3 days of recruitment:
The week started out with 772 PNMs registered, and by Prefs, the number had dropped to 481.
Quota was only 43 this year, with 8 of the 10 houses participating making quota. Kappa and AEPhi (the 2 newest chapters) did not, but they both did really well.

This was the first year that UCF Panhellenic did solely online registration for recruitment, which I think made a big difference in the numbers.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Best wishes and congrats to the UCF sorority women on GC and our new members of Theta, Tri-Delta and AEPhi!

Go Knights!

(((Think happy thoughts and perhaps we will win a football game this season)))
Old 08-22-2005, 01:11 PM

Re: UCF Numbers...

Quote:
Originally posted by TrueBlueKappa

Quota was only 43 this year, with 8 of the 10 houses participating making quota. Kappa and AEPhi (the 2 newest chapters) did not, but they both did really well.
I was just talking to adpiucf about this but we are both so excited to see that most of the houses made quota this year. In the past, there's been times when only 4 houses have made quota! Although there was definitely a drop in the number of PNMs and new member classes, it looks like everyone did really well!
Old 08-22-2005, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to fifi225
So proud of my sisters

I wasn't able to participate in recrutment this year unfortunately. However, I did show up on bid day to see the girls "run home" and wow, was I amazed. My lovely Theta ladies really came through, when my little sister said we met quota, I was so excited I nearly cried. We had come VERY close last year but *just barely* missed it.

I'm very happy to hear that so many houses at UCF did so well! It's a shame about the low number of girls who signed up, but you know, it is quality over quantity! And from what I've seen, there are some really quality women joining our panhellenic system!

:-)
Old 08-22-2005, 07:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: UCF Numbers...

Quote:
Originally posted by ZTAngel
I was just talking to adpiucf about this but we are both so excited to see that most of the houses made quota this year. In the past, there's been times when only 4 houses have made quota! Although there was definitely a drop in the number of PNMs and new member classes, it looks like everyone did really well!
Yes- it is so nice to see everyone do so well!

And fifi225- congrats to your chapter for making quota!
Old 08-23-2005, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to fifi225
Thumbs up Re: Re: Re: UCF Numbers...

Quote:
Originally posted by TrueBlueKappa
And fifi225- congrats to your chapter for making quota!
Thank you so much, I just wish I could say I had something to do with it. I was out of comission with a broken back...but wow are my sisters every amazing. I'm so proud to be a theta
Old 08-24-2005, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

fifi, my goodness!! i hope you are healing and will be totally well real soon. and congratulations to your chapter.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:28 AM
GreekChat Member

A broken back? Oh my gosh, that's terrible. Well, here's to a speedy recovery!
Old 08-24-2005, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Fifi, I'm so sorry to hear about your back! Will you be up soon?