GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Phi Epsilon

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,686
1 members and 1,685 guests
indygphib

Old 07-24-2005, 01:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Need help Leaving becuz of transferring questions

well this is my situation...i am leaving my local chapter becuz i will be transferring to a differrent school without a sigep chapter. what i want to know is, becuz i am leaving, it would be considered as a resignation correct? So i have to send in my resignation statement, card, and certificate...am i right. Or does anyone else have any suggestions ?
Old 07-24-2005, 01:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sageofages
Re: Need help Leaving becuz of transferring questions

Quote:
Originally posted by SigepJohn
well this is my situation...i am leaving my local chapter becuz i will be transferring to a differrent school without a sigep chapter. what i want to know is, becuz i am leaving, it would be considered as a resignation correct? So i have to send in my resignation statement, card, and certificate...am i right. Or does anyone else have any suggestions ?
In Phi Mu, you become an alum member. You wouldn't have to resign your membership.

You should definitely check with your executive headquarters to determine what your status would be.

Better to be an alumnus than resign.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Re: Need help Leaving becuz of transferring questions

Quote:
Originally posted by SigepJohn
You would be considered an alumni and still be a full brother. Your membership is for life. You'd still get your magazine in the mail, they'll still be asking for your donations, etc, etc, etc. Try to find a local chapter near your new school. Hang out with them and create some new linkage with the fraternity there.