GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Up & Coming National GLOs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Up & Coming National GLOs This area is for discussion of issues affecting GLOs which are larger than a local, yet are still growing into a national GLO.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,603
0 members and 2,603 guests
No Members online

Old 03-02-2009, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Exactly. I've been Greek for almost 7 years now, so I'm past the whole "rivalry" thing. I started getting over it in undergrad, though. I'm surprised that the hate still runs as rampant as it does.

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-02-2009, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

It seems to be getting worse, actually. I hear of a lot of really stupid incidents. Maybe people are just poorly raised, I guess.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Or poorly pledged.

I think much of the success of the mainstream councils has to do with mutual respect of histories and purposes of member organizations. NALFO/LGLO organizations are so quick to judge each other for petty things, and it gets in the way of growth. I do think a lot of it has to do with the number of organizations in existence, though.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
Or poorly pledged.

I think much of the success of the mainstream councils has to do with mutual respect of histories and purposes of member organizations. NALFO/LGLO organizations are so quick to judge each other for petty things, and it gets in the way of growth. I do think a lot of it has to do with the number of organizations in existence, though.
That blog is like a car accident on the highway. It's so bad but you can't help but look. It actually pisses me off though. I don't know if/how much of it has to do with the number of orgs, but it DEFINITELY has to do with poor home training and poor intake/pledging process. IDK, maybe because I was older when I pledged so I don't get it. But I'm too consumed with doing work for my own organization to be worried about what another org and their pledges are doing. The funny, or not so funny, thing about the blog is people are calling each other out based on how hard they are/aren't, stepping and strolling. Last I checked that was not what Greek Life is about. Le sigh, children these days (and I'm not just talking about age).
Old 03-03-2009, 02:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch2tf View Post
The funny, or not so funny, thing about the blog is people are calling each other out based on how hard they are/aren't, stepping and strolling. Last I checked that was not what Greek Life is about.
I noticed that, too. There were also a lot of posts about organizations having ugly/fat/stupid/etc. members. What are we, in 2nd grade?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch2tf View Post
I don't know if/how much of it has to do with the number of orgs
I think that with the number of LGLOs (NALFO and others), there's a lot of overlap. Add in the MCGLOs (who also get tossed into the equation in these arguments), and you have a surplus of organizations for a limited number of people. With so many groups, we have to try to differentiate. However, instead of trying to stand on our own merit, our organizations will try to build ourselves up by putting down others.

If we insist on one-upping one another, it needs to be with something worthwhile -- national programming, philanthropy, etc. Unfortunately, as you stated earlier, we're too busy worrying about who has the same sign or the hardest pledge process.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

The good thing is that MOST members of LGLOs are far more concerned with the work of their organizations than the nonsense that was being posted on that blog. I've seen LGLOs really come together in times of crisis, as well as in service to the community. It's a shame that people don't want to talk more about these types of interactions.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry kind of new to greek chat and was cruising about old post that have to do with LGLO. I clicked on you hate blog thing and WOW I did not know this thing existed....you would think due to NALFO orgs would get along alot better instead of bickering like this...
Old 01-21-2011, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarca7 View Post
Sorry kind of new to greek chat and was cruising about old post that have to do with LGLO. I clicked on you hate blog thing and WOW I did not know this thing existed....you would think due to NALFO orgs would get along alot better instead of bickering like this...
FYI -- that's not my blog. It's a comments page on Greekstand.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:41 AM
GreekChat Member

O that was understood the thing is I bought stuff from there before but never even noticed the blog. It is like a car accident though...lol... it getting pretty nasty though.