GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 308,209
Threads: 114,829
Welcome to our newest member, ozenwilliams
» Online Users: 250
2 members and 248 guests
bagslvndhand

Old 03-27-2003, 12:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Go Alex!

Alex definitely gets beaucoup cool points from me tonight.
I realize that it's probably pretty hard to have a girlfriend and pledge, but if his girlfriend really loved him, she should have realized that too and worked with him instead of insisting that he needed to be with her 24/7. I'm so glad he finally grew a backbone on tonight's episode.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to phi269mu
Smile

These guys are so funny. I wish the fraternity boys at my school were this amusing. The house pet idea was great, who would try to steal a chicken and paint it gold as a house pet, only guys. The girls are not as interesting or creative. I watched sorority life and it was soo boring compared to fraternity life. All they do is bitch and fight with each other, that is true sisterhood right there, while the guys actually joke around and goof off and play pranks. Im so glad they came out with Fraternity life, the boys rock!!!! And man is that Tim a cutie..woohooo!!
Old 03-27-2003, 03:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

orange-red Alex broke up with Lyndsey!!! He is HOTT to me!!!
Old 03-27-2003, 08:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Gina1201
Is it just me or is Steve's voice annoying as hell? Everything he opens his mouth, it makes me cringe.

The whole imitation of the phone call was hilarious, especially Earl.

Kudos for Alex for breaking up with Lindsay.

Cause even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an 'S' on my chest
Oh yes, I'm a SUPERWOMAN
Old 03-27-2003, 08:42 AM

I'm definately still amused by the phone call imitations....
I wonder if Lindsay feels like a complete and total psycho now that she's seeing on natl. television how she treated poor Alex. (He's not completely innocent either...but anyway.) And yeah....he's really hot.

I thought Fraternity Life was going to be boring as all-hell but it's QUITE amusing
Old 03-27-2003, 10:59 AM

I laughed my butt off when they started talking about the chicken, because the Sigma Chis* at my school used to have to put a chicken on a leash and walk it around campus. (Clarionites, there are pics in the old yearbooks if you want to look.)

I would love to know what their majors are and what Lindsey would do if Alex had to put in hours in med school/law school, or better yet, how she would act if SHE was the one in a demanding program.

Oh, and can Tim look any more like Timmy from the one season of Road Rules??!?

*Sigma Chi Omega is not affiliated in any way with Sigma Chi. Yes I know. Don't yell at me.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gamma_girl52 Send a message via Yahoo to gamma_girl52
Go Alex!!!

I'm glad he broke up with ole girl...she was draining. Really happy about that.

Steve, you annoy me. Don't talk anymore after this week.

"Life is filled with many things to Befriend, Love, and Serve..."
Old 03-27-2003, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm sorry but these guys don't seem to be playing with a full deck of cards. Why would they do this stupid and illegal stuff if they were fully aware that it was being taped. I am so glad they couldn't get a chicken because if they had painted a live animal gold they would probably be sitting in jail right now.
Old 03-27-2003, 12:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FeeFee
Finally, Alex found his backbone! Kudos to him.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to snuggles12
I think the Big Brothers need to have more lineups because they have too much time on their hands.

Lindsay and Alex are toxic. She is too suffocating. Do you have to sit at the fraternity's table? Can Alex have a life? Does his life have to center around you? Lindsay needs some serious therapy.

Quote:
Originally posted by VirtuousErudite
I'm sorry but these guys don't seem to be playing with a full deck of cards. Why would they do this stupid and illegal stuff if they were fully aware that it was being taped. I am so glad they couldn't get a chicken because if they had painted a live animal gold they would probably be sitting in jail right now.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I really am sick of the girls last night saying "the sigma chi pledges did this" The sigma chi pledges said that. THEY AREN"T SIGMA CHI!!!!! People at school are saying, Hey whats with your fraternity on MTV. I hope our IHQ gets on their asses and makes them say sigma chi omega instead of shortening it to just sigma chi.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by UNFSigmaChi
I really am sick of the girls last night saying "the sigma chi pledges did this" The sigma chi pledges said that. THEY AREN"T SIGMA CHI!!!!! People at school are saying, Hey whats with your fraternity on MTV. I hope our IHQ gets on their asses and makes them say sigma chi omega instead of shortening it to just sigma chi.
One of the DZOs who posts on here said they tried to refer to them with their full name, but it's hard to do it every time. Think about the groups on your campus with 3 letters, how often do you not shorten it when you say it.

They can't "make them" say anything at this point since the filiming is long since completed. What they could do is dub it in the editing process. It will sound stupid, but they already did it with the commercials.
Old 03-27-2003, 07:41 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
ALEX HAS BALLS!!!!

I'm glad he decided to stand on his own two feet. Maybe now, He can exhale and take care of business.
Cleveland State University(Ohio)
2015 NSBE Region IV Professional Member of The Year
Old 03-27-2003, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by UNFSigmaChi
That's bothering me too, in part because Sigma-AEPi was so often mistaken for AEPhi, and Sigma-AEPi was so badly portrayed, and in part because the Sigma Chi's at my school were/are gentlemen, and I highly doubt they subject their pledges to anything like what the Sigma Chi Omega pledges are going through.

Of course, thanks to the magic of editing, even if a DZO (or anyone else) did use the full name, by the time it hits the air, it could easily have become "So, the Sigma Chi <snip> pledges blah blah blah..."

MTV may not have been able to get hold of a national org, but they're not above making it look like they did, and that their version of greek life is what greek life really is all about.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

MTV is a trip. I'm watching the episode of Frat Life from last night. The scene at the zoo just came on. The camera zooms in on a No Trespassing Authorized Personnel Only sign but do they stop the guys? Of course not. It will make for greating viewing.
MTV should hold some of the blame at the zoo. It's not like they weren't aware of what was going on. They were standing there taping it