GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Up & Coming National GLOs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Up & Coming National GLOs This area is for discussion of issues affecting GLOs which are larger than a local, yet are still growing into a national GLO.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,522
0 members and 2,522 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Of course, Sigma Gamma Rho is still about 43 times (86 years) older than your organization, so your comparison doesn't really work. At all.
now THAT should be my new sig: SGRho - 43x older than your organization.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhSoJade09 View Post
I wrote the relp on my phone so there are several spelling and gramatical errors, including the lack of quotation marks before and after the stereotypes that I listed. That signifys that those are not stereotypes that I am in agreement with, and futhermore when I said to worry about your own org and its problems that was not dedicated to any one particluar organization. My entire response was not dedicated to the sgrho...you may have misunderstood me but my passion still remains...Im not sorry for my tone at all. Once again if advice is what you intend on giving that is appreciated if its hate and disrespect it will not be tolerated and will be met with the same disrespect.
It cracks me up when members of new orgs try to insult long existing orgs because people have questions/comments about their org. You obviously came to gc to be among your peers yet you don't respect them. What makes you think that you and your org don't have to pay your dues? Every new org (including the long existing ones) has had to answer questions about their org and deal with comments and criticism in the beginning. Who are you to think that you and your org are exempt? Respect is earned. Who are you to tell any of my sorors to fall back because we are young???? Since when is 1922 young? and you are just starting out, might not even last. It's a whole lot harder than it looks to keep an organization going.

And speaking of stereotypes, there is a stereotype out there that says that new BGLO's are full of mostly D9 rejects. Is that you?

Worry about building up your org, so that it might last 87 years like mine. That's what you can do.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhSoJade09 View Post
I wrote the relp on my phone so there are several spelling and gramatical errors, including the lack of quotation marks before and after the stereotypes that I listed. That signifys that those are not stereotypes that I am in agreement with, and futhermore when I said to worry about your own org and its problems that was not dedicated to any one particluar organization. My entire response was not dedicated to the sgrho...you may have misunderstood me but my passion still remains...Im not sorry for my tone at all. Once again if advice is what you intend on giving that is appreciated if its hate and disrespect it will not be tolerated and will be met with the same disrespect.
If you can't stand hate and disrespect, then you are in the WRONG game. Not that it's right, but it exists particularly for younger organizations, so I suggest you get a thicker skin or it's time for you to bow out. If you can't use critical reading and thinking skills to discern that the comments were a critique of your national website, then i don't know what to tell ya. Advice isn't always packaged in a sugary sweet way.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoyaltempest View Post
Worry about building up your org, so that it might last 87 years like mine. That's what you can do.
lol, nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch2tf View Post
If you can't stand hate and disrespect, then you are in the WRONG game. Not that it's right, but it exists particularly for younger organizations, so I suggest you get a thicker skin or it's time for you to bow out. If you can't use critical reading and thinking skills to discern that the comments were a critique of your national website, then i don't know what to tell ya. Advice isn't always packaged in a sugary sweet way.
that reminds me that its time to check the BREAKING NEWS blog. lmao
Old 08-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

OhSoJade09,

A word of advice. Besides what has been said by fellow greeks and MY sorors, be original. The quote in your signature is a inspirational poem that has been used by D9 orgs for YEARS.

* About OhSoJade09

Biography
Proud member of Theta Lambda Delta Sorority Innnnncorpoated

* Signature

I am the master of my fate...I am the captain of my soul...
Theta Lambda Delta Sorority Incorporated

You want respect in the greek world? Deference. You came on here swinging so, GC swung back. That's how it is in the real world. If you can't handle this, you certainly won't last and neither will your org. If your org has a real purpose, it will survive. Focus on the task at hand and handle YOUR business.

One other thing. This is Greek Chat. People here are *nice*. Try taking your issues to PledgePark.