GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,193
1 members and 1,192 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Lambda Chi Alpha at Cal Poly SLO suspended

Oh boy. This is not good. At all. From the New York Times, today:

https://nyti.ms/2JFOjL4
Old 04-11-2018, 11:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
during the college’s annual multicultural event over the weekend
*head desk*
Old 04-12-2018, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Truth be known, even though it was one of my Chapters, this goes on all across the Greek System, I am getting damn tired of all this PC Ness Bull Crap!

Golly gee whiz, a Sorority has a South of The Border where they wear Sombreros. A very large Fraternity has a Has their Old South Ball yearly but that is racist. It is remembering their heritage from whence they were founded!

What if a Group had a party "Celebratory We Are The World" and dressed in the costumes and coloring of the people?

If there is nothing malicious about it then the hell with THE DO RIGHTEOUS butt wipes out there who fell they know it all!

So, to be truthful, some of them can kiss my butt! They make me want to PUKE!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 04-12-2018, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Earp View Post
Truth be known, even though it was one of my Chapters, this goes on all across the Greek System, I am getting damn tired of all this PC Ness Bull Crap!

Golly gee whiz, a Sorority has a South of The Border where they wear Sombreros. A very large Fraternity has a Has their Old South Ball yearly but that is racist. It is remembering their heritage from whence they were founded!

What if a Group had a party "Celebratory We Are The World" and dressed in the costumes and coloring of the people?

If there is nothing malicious about it then the hell with THE DO RIGHTEOUS butt wipes out there who fell they know it all!

So, to be truthful, some of them can kiss my butt! They make me want to PUKE!
What part of ethnicity and race not being a costume do you not understand, you tired old racist?

Last edited by Sororitysock; 04-12-2018 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sororitysock View Post
What part of ethnicity and race not being a costume do you not understand, you tired old racist?
For real, one of the Lambda Chis literally had blackface. That's not defendable at all.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

+1 to Sororitysock and GoldBows.

Earp, did you even read the entire article? Based on what you posted, it's obvious you didn't comprehend what was written.

Sigh.

Regardless, you need to check your privilege. STAT.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Earp View Post
...A very large Fraternity has a Has their Old South Ball yearly but that is racist. It is remembering their heritage from whence they were founded!
Seriously? So sorry mean people have taken the fun out of wearing black face, Confederate uniforms, and flying the rebel flag.

Maybe you should take a trip to Montgomery so you can understand why these things ARE malicious. In just under 2 weeks The National Memorial for Peace and Justice and The Legacy Museum: From Enslavement to Mass Incarceration are opening. Maybe you’ll learn something you (obviously) have yet to pick up.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

OMG, first off, YES, I did read the whole article! I was born before most of you were and have been around a hell of a lot longer than anybody on this site.

The first Black that I met was in 1960, my first year of college. We became good friends. When I went to my second college I met a lot more Blacks and became friends with many of them. Color was never my thing, it was how people acted and how I was treated, period.

I went on the K C Ks. PD in 1969 during the height of the riots. Officers both Black AND WHITE were not going for any of this B S, they were worried about protecting the people of our city!

When I got a Liquor store, I was the first to hire a Black in Kansas and Mo.

And now, I sit here awed by your indignant righteousness over being PC! What Utopia did you grow up in? What part of life did you grow up in?

It seems in your world (Inclusive for all) you are above and beyond what real life really is!

I enjoy how you call me Racist when none of you have been around long enough to have lived it!

At this point, I should say something nasty, but, I will not! Oh, other than get over yourselves!

GOD, These People are doing your good work, just ask them!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Closed Thread