GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,875
0 members and 1,875 guests
No Members online

Old 12-14-2008, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkyphimu View Post
I just watched it today and I was completely turned off by the couple. The groom was just plain rude. I get that they paid a lot of money, but the point is that everthing was ready when it was time to go in for the reception. Chill out a bit, geeze.
I'm glad someone else saw this. Those two are proof that money can't buy class/manners/etc.

At the end when the camera guy asked them how things went, I think the bride said "I dunno, I guess it went okay. Everything didn't go the way we planned." Seriously? You just got married to someone you love, you should be happy anyway.

Lakers Nation.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-16-2008, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not normally a huge fan of carnations - even pink ones - but I think this bridal bouquet is kinda adorable. This is for the Gamma Phis and Phi Mus!
Old 12-16-2008, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppyGPhiB View Post
I'm not normally a huge fan of carnations - even pink ones - but I think this bridal bouquet is kinda adorable. This is for the Gamma Phis and Phi Mus!
I love that!
Old 12-16-2008, 07:59 PM

That's really pretty, and probably much less expensive than a pink rose bouquet.

Lakers Nation.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:04 PM
GreekChat Member

That's adorable!
Old 12-16-2008, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
Thank you for that. It's awesome. I always figured (since I'm determined to have a Phi Mu'd out wedding) that I'd use carnations (and they are cheaper than roses), but I never could figure out how to get them looking quite so nice!
Old 12-16-2008, 11:53 PM
GreekChat Member

OMFG My wedding is canceled, CANCELED. I told your business that when it happened, and twice more after that when you contacted me. I'm happy to not be getting married to a d-bag, but could you stop asking me about my wedding which isn't happening?
Old 12-16-2008, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel View Post
OMFG My wedding is canceled, CANCELED. I told your business that when it happened, and twice more after that when you contacted me. I'm happy to not be getting married to a d-bag, but could you stop asking me about my wedding which isn't happening?
Oh man. I'm sorry people/businesses keep asking you about it.

Lakers Nation.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
Oh man. I'm sorry people/businesses keep asking you about it.
Yeah, I guess the one month/4 week mark is the time to contact people. I was supposed to be married the 17th of next month but really, I'm happy I'm not marrying him and I was already having a bad day with the newest exbf and my roommate joining forces for jackassery that it didn't help my mood. I'm just cranky because I told them at the two month/8 week mark the last time they contacted me it wasn't happening (and I contacted every one of them when I knew it was over in September). There was a staff change, and I think that's where the problem happened. The woman was very sorry but I've got finals and hadn't slept so I kind of lost it.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:15 PM

So, this couple I know are vegetarians. For their wedding, they're considering having an entirely vegetarian menu (meaning everything from the hors d'oeurves to the main course). I wasn't sure if it was a good idea for them to impose their diet on all of their guests. Thoughts?

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 12-18-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

As long as they have a variety of choices, I think it would be okay...but I have a couple of vegetarians in the family. I would assume everyone going knows they are vegetarians and if it's a moral choice, versus a health choice, I can see why they would do it.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Quote:
So, this couple I know are vegetarians. For their wedding, they're considering having an entirely vegetarian menu (meaning everything from the hors d'oeurves to the main course). I wasn't sure if it was a good idea for them to impose their diet on all of their guests. Thoughts?
Ehh, I'm sure they feel that way about weddings where there isn't a veg option or it's "pasta marinara" (which may or may not be acceptable to vegetarians depending on their strain of vegetarianism). I think it all depends on the menu options they offer. There are some very mainstream dishes that are easily veggie-fied to the point where no one would notice. Fake meat, lots of tofu, etc could be a turn off to the crowd. But if the caterer can pull it off, no one will notice or care (I'm envisioning Eggplant parm, stir fries, rice dishes, a ratatouille, any one of a number of South Asian dishes...) I've never heard of anyone having a moral conflict with vegetables?
Old 12-18-2008, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I think it's awesome. People impose their religion on all of their guests at weddings all the time. I've been to a few veggie/vegan weddings and it's usually much better food!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nikki1920 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1920
It's their wedding and they are paying for it. Are you going to eat or to share in their day? (Not being snarky, just asking)
Old 12-19-2008, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1920 View Post
It's their wedding and they are paying for it. Are you going to eat or to share in their day? (Not being snarky, just asking)

Yes I'm going.

I just had never heard of this being done before (all vegetarian menu) and I wanted to know if anyone else had seen it done, and what had been served. I know that there are alot of good veggie dishes out there and I'm sure that if the venue has a good catering staff, the food will be great.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 12-19-2008 at 12:34 AM.