GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,785
0 members and 1,785 guests
No Members online

Old 11-14-2002, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jess_pom
Favorite Sister/Brotherhood Events

What are some of your favorite sister/brotherhood events. If they aren't self-explanitory, please expain!

Thanks!
Old 11-14-2002, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

I think retreats are always fun.

My chapter has an annual fall camping trip. Its lots of fun, you get to strengthen ties to your brothers, and get to know your new members better.
Old 11-14-2002, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

the best one my fraternity went on was a spring break trip to cabo san lucas, mexico. every morning for 3 hours we had alumni speakers, and did work shops to figure out our strengths and weaknesses. we also had a rush workshop, and it is one of the key reasons why we did so well this semester for rush. we all stayed at an alumni's compound on the beach so we had a place to have meetings, and hang out during the day. at night we got to go out and party like rock stars, after all it was spring break!!
Old 11-14-2002, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

We picked a random Sunday and went fishing. Very inexpensive and very fun, just a bunch of guys sitting at the lake and having fun and keeping the brotherhood together.
Old 11-14-2002, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

During our retreats we work on a lot of the problems that we have. ie communication, recuritment attitudes, etc. the typical stuff. But the closing night of our retreat we do a candle passing. We do it in the dark, with tissues in the center. We go around and talk about stuff in our personal lives that we need to get out, or our frustrations on anything. The person with the candle is the only one allowed to speak. We also invoke silence on it. NOTHING can EVER be said about what was said again, it stays in that circle. We usually go around twice (we have 30 members). It really brings us closer together and helps remind us of the powerful nature of sisterhood. We all cry and everyone is ready to get some work done on post-retreat momentum.

Also, bowling, (is this the kind of event you mean?) We all get the nasty shoes hang out with middle school kids and scream like idiots. It is so much fun. We get really loud and people look at us funny, esp w/the letters on. We are like a side show, but no one can bowl so why not go, sides it is cheap!

Tau Love
Lil E
Old 12-09-2002, 02:25 PM
GreekChat Member

For bigger events:

Camping every fall,
Road trip to another chapter,
spring break trip to South Padre Island, Texas,

For smaller easier stuff to do every week or so:
all the bros go out to dinner together,
go bowling,
laser tag,
Spam Fest (Just think an Iron Chef cook off with the special ingredient being SPAM!)
scavenger hunt

One of the best of the year is the Cain and Able Games. It is a squirt gun battle where each brother has to assassinate another brother. It is set up in a bracket type system, so it is not just a free for all. But the rules are no killing at the house, in class or at a bros place of work. So for an entire month usually there are bros carrying a super soaker to class with them, or making drive by squirtings.
Old 12-09-2002, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Going to Alexander's Steak House ... picture 150 sorority girls wolfing down steak!!!

And then apple picking is my second favorite. Mmmm apple cider.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Retreat! Most people seem to come out for this and a lot of the problems and b*tching get left at home.
Old 12-12-2002, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to White_Chocolate
my fave sisterhood events are. . .

MaMacita! Night- all you can eat Hispanic food
MaMa Mia! Night- all you can eat Italian food
Stress Free Zone- Enya music, candles, pillows, and talk of boys
Groove Theory 101- a night I invented since I'm black and my sorority is all white girls. . .we rent the Darin's Dancin' Groove video and/or I show them how to 'back that ass up!'

It's all about creativity folks!!!
Old 12-12-2002, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Certainly I loved the Pledge (what I was termed way back when) Retreat. It was so great to bond with those in your pledge class for an entire weekend that usually involved watching girly movies, doing each other's make up and hair, and other slumber party stuff. we made yummy sundaes and orderd pizza, etc. One other thing I enjoyed was the Big/Lil' dinner we had together. We would sit with our Big/Lil' and brag on each other. It was always a cool way to catch up with your "family."
Old 12-30-2002, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by swede

One of the best of the year is the Cain and Able Games. It is a squirt gun battle where each brother has to assassinate another brother. It is set up in a bracket type system, so it is not just a free for all. But the rules are no killing at the house, in class or at a bros place of work. So for an entire month usually there are bros carrying a super soaker to class with them, or making drive by squirtings.
OMG i love this idea!! i wish this was done on my campus!!!
Old 01-22-2003, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

My favorite event is when we head up to a pizza place in the mountains and the big brothers buy for all their little brothers, who have just found them. Free pizza for me and a good time.
Old 01-22-2003, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrincessHeather
We always do the camping deal every fall(up in the mountains but a 10 min drive to the beach--gotta love going toSanta Cruz, CA) and in about two weeks, our Eboard and Ecouncil is having a joint retreat up in the snow at an awesome cabin.

We've also done "Sectet Sisters". For about a month we exchange names and do cute things secretly for another. We do anything from decorating cars to leaving cute gifts at meetings and in classes. We then reveal who we had at a meeting, telling why that sister is important to us. Its great to see who had been sneaking around all month to make you feel good and even better to see how your sister is thankful for what you did for her. Its fun and easy all at the same time.