GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 307,522
Threads: 114,736
Welcome to our newest member, interessTee

Old 09-02-2006, 06:04 AM
GreekChat Member

rush outfits

hi everyone!!

i have no clue on what to wear for rush. i have about a month to shop so any advice would be appreciated. thanks a bunch!!
Old 09-02-2006, 08:12 AM

Where do you go to school? That will make a huge difference.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:12 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm really hoping some GCers will post links to actual outfits. I love when they do that

Also- does your school have a rush info packet? Usually there is something in there - whether it be a few paragraphs or actual pictures of what should be worn to rush.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

are you rushing in the fall or in the winter?

your best bet for what your campus deems appropriate would be to ask some girls on campus, or check with the greeklife office. most likely your recruitment counselor will go over appropriate outfits with you, but that might be the day before recruitment begins, when you would not have time to go shopping!!
Old 09-02-2006, 11:48 AM
GreekChat Member

I know that UK puts out a recruitment guidebook that has examples of what to wear. Your school may have one too! Look on the school web site for Greek Affairs or something similar. Good luck!
Old 09-02-2006, 02:13 PM

The UK recruitment book is amazing!

One question though, why do so many of the houses at UK look nearly identical???
Old 09-02-2006, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGirl
The UK recruitment book is amazing!

One question though, why do so many of the houses at UK look nearly identical???
I guess they were all built around the same time? The houses that look the most similar are the houses found in Sorority Circle, which is no longer Sorority Circle considering a fraternity now lives in the old Sigma Kappa house. (SK moved across the circle to the old Alpha Xi Delta house.)
Old 09-02-2006, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

i'm a transfer student at ucsd (university of california-san diego). the weather there is absolutely beautiful, but it can fluctuate since the school is so close to the beach.

i checked out the greeklife website, but it does not advise on what to wear besides the 1st three days are informal and the 4th day (pref) is formal. i understand that each day, my outfits are suppose to be dressier.

i would love if someone can post links to outfits.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
There are a few 'what to wear' threads on the forum already. If you do post about specific clothing items, please post links NOT the actual pictures. Carnation and I have a strict policy against bandwidth theft on this forum (and posting pics hosted on other sites constitutes bandwidth theft).

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashells08
i'm a transfer student at ucsd (university of california-san diego). the weather there is absolutely beautiful, but it can fluctuate since the school is so close to the beach.

i checked out the greeklife website, but it does not advise on what to wear besides the 1st three days are informal and the 4th day (pref) is formal. i understand that each day, my outfits are suppose to be dressier.

i would love if someone can post links to outfits.

The outfits shown in the UK link would be pretty good for UCSD, except for Bid Day. Jeans, not a white dress, are apropriate. October 6-10 is unpredictable weather everywhere in SD, not just on the coast.

The rooms where the events are held get HOT but outside it could be foggy and cold, so plan accordingly. I've never considered UCSD to be overly superficial. It's more important to be comfortable and confident in yourself that what label your wearing. Trendy clothes are always appreciated though.

Open House is the most casual. Jeans are not unusual but I think a cute denim skirt would be a better alternative. Each night gets gradually dressier. For Pref a pretty dress, but nothing extremely formal.

I'll see if I can find links to some outfits. What kind of styles do you normally wear?
Old 09-02-2006, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGirl
The outfits shown in the UK link would be pretty good for UCSD, except for Bid Day. Jeans, not a white dress, are apropriate. October 6-10 is unpredictable weather everywhere in SD, not just on the coast.

The rooms where the events are held get HOT but outside it could be foggy and cold, so plan accordingly. I've never considered UCSD to be overly superficial. It's more important to be comfortable and confident in yourself that what label your wearing. Trendy clothes are always appreciated though.

Open House is the most casual. Jeans are not unusual but I think a cute denim skirt would be a better alternative. Each night gets gradually dressier. For Pref a pretty dress, but nothing extremely formal.

I'll see if I can find links to some outfits. What kind of styles do you normally wear?
soCALgirl, i noticed your location--are you an alumni of the school?
as for my style, i like to keep it simple and comfy. i usually shop at urban outfitters, free people (freepeople.com), nordstrom, anthropologie, etc. you can probably get a sense of what i like from those listings.

for one of the days--may be one or two--i was thinking of wearing black bermudas with a nice blue patterned top + pointed black flats + nice pair of earrings. i think the shoes would place it in day two, but i'm scared to be under-dressed. what do you think?

Last edited by seashells08; 09-02-2006 at 11:00 PM.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashells08
for one of the days--may be one or two--i was thinking of wearing black bermudas with a nice blue patterned top + pointed black flats + nice pair of earrings. i think the shoes would place it in day two, but i'm scared to be under-dressed. what do you think?
That would definitely work for either day.

I graduated from UCSD a long time ago in 2000.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:11 AM
GreekChat Member

All this talk about UCSD is making me miss La Jolla!
Old 01-05-2008, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

hey girls,
i just received a packet of info for rush and it says the dress code for the first two days is casual: jeans, sweater, cute top etc.
but i love dressing up and looking cute, so do you guys think i'm over doing it if i wear a simple knit/cotton/jersey dress and nice heels for the first two days? i don't want to look like i'm trying too hard... =P
Old 01-05-2008, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
Quote:
Originally Posted by alum View Post
All this talk about UCSD is making me miss La Jolla!
You are not alone. That is my favoritest placeon earth.