GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 307,522
Threads: 114,736
Posts: 2,158,472
Welcome to our newest member, interessTee
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-02-2006, 06:04 AM
seashells08 seashells08 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3
rush outfits

hi everyone!!

i have no clue on what to wear for rush. i have about a month to shop so any advice would be appreciated. thanks a bunch!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-02-2006, 08:12 AM
irishpipes's Avatar
irishpipes irishpipes is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Reddest of the red
Posts: 4,321
Where do you go to school? That will make a huge difference.
__________________
Adding 's does not make a word, not even an acronym, plural
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-02-2006, 09:12 AM
texas*princess texas*princess is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: ooooooh snap!
Posts: 11,170
I'm really hoping some GCers will post links to actual outfits. I love when they do that

Also- does your school have a rush info packet? Usually there is something in there - whether it be a few paragraphs or actual pictures of what should be worn to rush.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-02-2006, 11:15 AM
FSUZeta FSUZeta is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: naples, florida
Posts: 15,255
are you rushing in the fall or in the winter?

your best bet for what your campus deems appropriate would be to ask some girls on campus, or check with the greeklife office. most likely your recruitment counselor will go over appropriate outfits with you, but that might be the day before recruitment begins, when you would not have time to go shopping!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-02-2006, 11:48 AM
_Lisa_ _Lisa_ is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,896
I know that UK puts out a recruitment guidebook that has examples of what to wear. Your school may have one too! Look on the school web site for Greek Affairs or something similar. Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-02-2006, 02:13 PM
SoCalGirl SoCalGirl is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: San Diego, California :)
Posts: 3,972
The UK recruitment book is amazing!

One question though, why do so many of the houses at UK look nearly identical???
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-02-2006, 02:34 PM
_Lisa_ _Lisa_ is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGirl
The UK recruitment book is amazing!

One question though, why do so many of the houses at UK look nearly identical???
I guess they were all built around the same time? The houses that look the most similar are the houses found in Sorority Circle, which is no longer Sorority Circle considering a fraternity now lives in the old Sigma Kappa house. (SK moved across the circle to the old Alpha Xi Delta house.)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-02-2006, 05:12 PM
seashells08 seashells08 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3
i'm a transfer student at ucsd (university of california-san diego). the weather there is absolutely beautiful, but it can fluctuate since the school is so close to the beach.

i checked out the greeklife website, but it does not advise on what to wear besides the 1st three days are informal and the 4th day (pref) is formal. i understand that each day, my outfits are suppose to be dressier.

i would love if someone can post links to outfits.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-02-2006, 06:50 PM
PenguinTrax PenguinTrax is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Slogging through a swamp.
Posts: 3,455
Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
There are a few 'what to wear' threads on the forum already. If you do post about specific clothing items, please post links NOT the actual pictures. Carnation and I have a strict policy against bandwidth theft on this forum (and posting pics hosted on other sites constitutes bandwidth theft).
__________________
Barbara
Moderator: Recruitment & ZTA
Tallahassee APH

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-02-2006, 07:45 PM
SoCalGirl SoCalGirl is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: San Diego, California :)
Posts: 3,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashells08
i'm a transfer student at ucsd (university of california-san diego). the weather there is absolutely beautiful, but it can fluctuate since the school is so close to the beach.

i checked out the greeklife website, but it does not advise on what to wear besides the 1st three days are informal and the 4th day (pref) is formal. i understand that each day, my outfits are suppose to be dressier.

i would love if someone can post links to outfits.

The outfits shown in the UK link would be pretty good for UCSD, except for Bid Day. Jeans, not a white dress, are apropriate. October 6-10 is unpredictable weather everywhere in SD, not just on the coast.

The rooms where the events are held get HOT but outside it could be foggy and cold, so plan accordingly. I've never considered UCSD to be overly superficial. It's more important to be comfortable and confident in yourself that what label your wearing. Trendy clothes are always appreciated though.

Open House is the most casual. Jeans are not unusual but I think a cute denim skirt would be a better alternative. Each night gets gradually dressier. For Pref a pretty dress, but nothing extremely formal.

I'll see if I can find links to some outfits. What kind of styles do you normally wear?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-02-2006, 10:58 PM
seashells08 seashells08 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGirl
The outfits shown in the UK link would be pretty good for UCSD, except for Bid Day. Jeans, not a white dress, are apropriate. October 6-10 is unpredictable weather everywhere in SD, not just on the coast.

The rooms where the events are held get HOT but outside it could be foggy and cold, so plan accordingly. I've never considered UCSD to be overly superficial. It's more important to be comfortable and confident in yourself that what label your wearing. Trendy clothes are always appreciated though.

Open House is the most casual. Jeans are not unusual but I think a cute denim skirt would be a better alternative. Each night gets gradually dressier. For Pref a pretty dress, but nothing extremely formal.

I'll see if I can find links to some outfits. What kind of styles do you normally wear?
soCALgirl, i noticed your location--are you an alumni of the school?
as for my style, i like to keep it simple and comfy. i usually shop at urban outfitters, free people (freepeople.com), nordstrom, anthropologie, etc. you can probably get a sense of what i like from those listings.

for one of the days--may be one or two--i was thinking of wearing black bermudas with a nice blue patterned top + pointed black flats + nice pair of earrings. i think the shoes would place it in day two, but i'm scared to be under-dressed. what do you think?

Last edited by seashells08; 09-02-2006 at 11:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-02-2006, 11:23 PM
SoCalGirl SoCalGirl is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: San Diego, California :)
Posts: 3,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashells08
for one of the days--may be one or two--i was thinking of wearing black bermudas with a nice blue patterned top + pointed black flats + nice pair of earrings. i think the shoes would place it in day two, but i'm scared to be under-dressed. what do you think?
That would definitely work for either day.

I graduated from UCSD a long time ago in 2000.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-03-2006, 08:11 AM
alum alum is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,646
All this talk about UCSD is making me miss La Jolla!
__________________
....but some are more equal than others.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-05-2008, 04:55 PM
misstip12 misstip12 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5
hey girls,
i just received a packet of info for rush and it says the dress code for the first two days is casual: jeans, sweater, cute top etc.
but i love dressing up and looking cute, so do you guys think i'm over doing it if i wear a simple knit/cotton/jersey dress and nice heels for the first two days? i don't want to look like i'm trying too hard... =P
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-05-2008, 04:58 PM
BabyPiNK_FL BabyPiNK_FL is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
Posts: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by alum View Post
All this talk about UCSD is making me miss La Jolla!
You are not alone. That is my favoritest placeon earth.
__________________
I am not my hair. I am not this skin . I am the soul that lives within.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Our Panhellenic Council Forbids Matching Outfits?!-Anybody Else? KSUViolet06 Recruitment 51 07-30-2006 01:48 PM
Yale A Capella Rush - LIke Greek Rush w/o the Binge Drinking? PenguinTrax Greek Life 16 07-18-2006 05:31 PM
Recruitment Outfits! EtaEpsilove Alpha Delta Pi 10 03-31-2006 12:41 AM
In this thread, we admire cute outfits adpiucf Recruitment 47 11-27-2004 10:17 AM
our outfits! BGanchor Delta Gamma 6 08-06-2004 08:48 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.