GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,412
2 members and 1,410 guests
Xidelt, znathanhulzeo24

Old 04-21-2001, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Post Happy IRD

Hey, just wanted to say I hope everyone has a wonderful IRD! We intiated 6 women this morning!! It was beautiful!!! Love and loyalty, Sarah
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-21-2001, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Katey Alpha Gam Send a message via AIM to Katey Alpha Gam Send a message via Yahoo to Katey Alpha Gam
you have your IRD this weekend? We always have ours the 1st weekend in April. Congrats on initiating!!

------------------
Katey, ZA chapter of AGD
"Could I have been anyone other than me?"-Dave Matthews
Old 04-21-2001, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

You have yours the 1st? That is strange, because Internationals designated the 3rd weekend.. it is even in the new member handbook. How come your chapter does it different than everyother chapter? I am really not being sarcastic, you can talk to IHQ because I wished had been any other weekend (all the fraternity formals are this weekend!). Just wondering.
LIEP
sarah

------------------
If your going to go greek, why not be a goddess?
Old 04-21-2001, 11:03 PM
Unregistered-

Smile

IRD was held at Oahu Country Club this afternoon. It was a great celebration and it was SO nice to see many familiar faces. Many people were noticeably absent today, most of them alums, and many of us were sad because a lot of people who couldn't make it sent in little notes that were read by our mistress of ceremonies. For most of them, this was their first IRD without the chapter, but they were looking forward to being at the IRDs where they're at.

I like IRD because it's like a big family reunion. When an individual doesn't come or couldn't make it, someone always asks "WHERE'S SO AND SO". One of our EC advisors wasn't there today, but she had a good reason--her daughter was being initiated today at a chapter on the mainland, so she went to surprise her. There were a lot of new faces today, and 11 different chapters of AGD were represented!

There were a lot of tears today, many happy ones, and many sad ones as a few alums are moving to the mainland. 10 years ago on this very day, at the very same place, one of the alums announced that an AGD colony was forming at UH-Manoa. Next year we celebrate the 10th anniversary of our installation. I'm proud to say that my chapter is still going strong!

I hope everyone enjoyed their IRDs...and I'd love to hear how it went!
Old 04-22-2001, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Katey Alpha Gam Send a message via AIM to Katey Alpha Gam Send a message via Yahoo to Katey Alpha Gam
I don't exactly why it's on the 1st weekend here. I know it's not supposed to be according to IHQ but it has always been that way for all the chapters here. We have a full lunch with all the chapters, junior circles and alumnae groups but just on the first. I think I heard before that it's because the 3rd april here is Race For The Cure and a lot of sisters go to it so that is why it's the first weekend, but I'm not 100% sure.

------------------
Katey, ZA chapter of AGD
"Could I have been anyone other than me?"-Dave Matthews