GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,456
0 members and 1,456 guests
No Members online

Old 03-04-2013, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Summer1998
Thinking Ahead

Hi I'm new to this site and right now I have no idea what I'm doing. Everything is so confusing on this website. But I have alot of questions about Greek Life so that's why I am attempting to use this site! (:

So Question number 1 ; I read Total Frat Move and do people really haze like that? Because if they do that is pretty awesome. So do sororitys haze?
Question number 2 ; Should I even join a sorority?
Question 3 ; Do I have to be blonde and have blue eyes? Because my friend said they only want girls like that. And I am perfectly fine with my brown hair and green eyes.
Question 4 ; What does GDI stand for?
Question 5 ; I have awesome grades, What college should I got to that has the best sorority?

^^ Sorry if I sound stupid with my questions. But I'm a noob with this stuff.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer1998 View Post
Hi I'm new to this site and right now I have no idea what I'm doing. Everything is so confusing on this website. But I have alot of questions about Greek Life so that's why I am attempting to use this site! (:

So Question number 1 ; I read Total Frat Move and do people really haze like that? Because if they do that is pretty awesome. So do sororitys haze?
Question 3 ; Do I have to be blonde and have blue eyes? Because my friend said they only want girls like that. And I am perfectly fine with my brown hair and green eyes.
Question 5 ; I have awesome grades, What college should I got to that has the best sorority?

QFP

1. Hazing pretty awesome? Um, I'm thinking Greek life might not be for you.
2. Probably not...
3. Your friend sounds like an expert.
4. http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/GDI -- take your pick.
5. One that has the major you are interested in.

I'm going to hope that you are in 10th grade or so with some of the immaturity shown. Perhaps a few more years in HS will help you mature a bit.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

If the information on this site is too confusing for you to read and comprehend, then you are not ready for college or a sorority. And I think you really have to learn how to spell "sororities" correctly before you can join one

Maybe WhiteDaisy128 hit it & the OP's user name of "Summer 1998" is when she was born?

Last edited by thetalady; 03-04-2013 at 08:02 PM. Reason: added thought
Old 03-04-2013, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer1998 View Post

1. Sororities have zero tolerance policies concerning hazing. Hazing is not permitted.
2. Go through recruitment at your school and decide for yourself. It doesn't hurt to check things out.
3. Sororities don't discriminate on basis of hair color, eye color, race, etc.
4. God-Damned-Independent
5. The question is more, "What do you want to do for a career?" Look at schools that offer programs that interest you and then worry about Greek Life. The "best" sorority is the one where you feel most at home. You can only determine this if you go through recruitment at your school. Choose your university first. Greek Life shouldn't be how you base your college decisions. Recruitment is a mutual selection process and there are no guarantees you will get a bid or you may change your mind. So don't base your college choices on the student activities offered there. Think of the big picture.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

I call troll on this one for sure.