GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,227
1 members and 2,226 guests
Xidelt

Old 10-13-2006, 06:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Rhode Island 2006 Results

I know there are a few Rhody alums out there...here's the results I know so far...

Quota was 18. This year URI had an amazing year overall:

Alpha Chi Omega: 18
Alpha Phi: 18
Alpha Delta Pi: 16
Chi Omega: 18
Delta Zeta: 15
Phi Sigma Sigma: 17
Sigma Delta Tau: 18
Sigma Kappa: 18

I think Alpha Delta Pi and Phi Sigma Sigma may have snapped to quota, but I was not sure if they did. I know that Chi Omega had already COB'd more girls last night, but I'm not sure how many.

I don't know chapter totals this year, though ceiling was raised last year to 95 (though almost no house is even close). There will be a lot of COBing and informal recruitment going on...
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-13-2006, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyO97 View Post
I don't know chapter totals this year, though ceiling was raised last year to 95 (though almost no house is even close). There will be a lot of COBing and informal recruitment going on...
If no one is close, why was ceiling raised to begin with??
Old 10-13-2006, 10:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Perhaps everyone was over the previous total?
Old 10-13-2006, 10:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
If no one is close, why was ceiling raised to begin with??
I think it has to do with the "almost" no one...the ones who fall into the "almost" part of that probably pushed hard for it, because they wanted to be able to have bigger NM classes then just quota. Just a guess...
Old 10-13-2006, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
Perhaps everyone was over the previous total?
Then raise it, fine, but not to something no one is even close to - it sounds like they went from 60 to 95 in one fell swoop.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

This sounds like my school. Our total is 95, but quota for the past three formal recruitments has been 22, 22, and 21. It's silly because every chapter has to COB instead just the ones that need to catch up.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessSigKap View Post
This sounds like my school. Our total is 95, but quota for the past three formal recruitments has been 22, 22, and 21. It's silly because every chapter has to COB instead just the ones that need to catch up.
If a majority of chapters can COB up to 95, then there's no reason that total can't be 95.

Total shouldn't equal avg chapter size + quota...it should be based on the amount of women who want to go Greek, regardless of whether they want to do it through formal or COB. Obviously, there are exceptions, such as SEC schools, who would have 400+ chapters if they included ALL women who wanted to go Greek.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Yay for a URI thread! Thanks for posting the results!

I thought that most of the chapters WERE at 85 (old total for those of you that don't know), that's why they raised it? I haven't been involved at URI for about 3 years now, so you probably know more than I do Kelly. But I thought that most were close? Does filling the houses have anything to do with it? I heard through the grapevine that almost every house had boarders.

I think it's great how well everyone did, totally different than in past years. Do you know what was so different that helped everyone get so close to quota?

Kelly and Jess, congrats to both of you on your chapters making quota! If you find out chapter totals or know anything about ZETA, I'd love to hear it!
Old 10-13-2006, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralaylin View Post
If you find out chapter totals or know anything about ZETA, I'd love to hear it!
Is that a local hoping to affiliate with Zeta Tau Alpha? Their name and colors make it seem that way.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

From what I understood at the time they started, yes, they were very interested in ZTA. But later they decided they liked being a local though. Last I knew they weren't fully recognized on Panhel, and since they aren't a part of formal recruitment I'm assuming that hasn't changed. The last two sororities to come onto campus before them both started as locals, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was what they did in the end. But they've been around for a few years now and seem to be doing ok.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Congrats to all the groups that made quota!

I love hearing that about SDT chapter that had a good recuritment period

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 10-14-2006, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't know numbers and specifics, so I don't want to talk about things I can't back up. I do know that most houses will be COBing, and I can name at least three houses that would need to COB 25 or so girls to be at ceiling.

I know that several advisors at Bid Matching we discussing ceiling being raised, and felt that the advisors were not made aware of this situation, and that the girls may have voted on this for the wrong reasons. The has been talk at URI of "a resurgence in Greek Life", because new fraternities houses are being built. I don't know that I see a huge resurgence in sorority numbers. They had the same number of girls that usually sign up for (and then drop from) recruitment--the difference this year was that more girls were retained during Pref Round and Bid matching (which is a wonderful thing).

I also do not know specifics about ZETA. I know that they did not participate in Informal Recruitment, but they do have some sort of association with Panhel, which I am trying to get more details on.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

I think it must be hard for those groups that need to COB a lot to have everyone COBing in the spring. I always wished that more women would sign up for fall rush so there'd be higher quotas and less women in the spring going through.

You're totally right about sorority numbers. I would have thought that quota would go up more after losing a sorority. I can't remember it being higher than 20 in the past 7 or 8 years.

I am happy to hear that there was good retention after bid day. I am still in shock over how well everyone did. I'm hoping this is a sign of great things to come!