GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Sigma Sigma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,398
1 members and 1,397 guests
znathanhulzeo24

Old 08-14-2005, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Fall Recruitment

We as a chapter get sick of asking the same questions to new potential ptns, like : Whats your major, what year are you? does anybody know any other questions to ask?

Also i was wondering how anybody made their chapter stand out during fall recrutiment? Let me KNow thanks

Jen
Delta Alpha
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-14-2005, 08:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Sounds like you need to have a recruitment workshop !! Does your chapter do anything like that to prepare for recruitment ?

I would suggest just asking the normal questions you ask when getting to know someone, ask about where they're from, brothers/sisters what type of music they like, concerts they went to, traveling they've done, pets. Tell them about your favorite events the chapter did last year, tell them about exciting up coming events, all that good stuff, ask if they participated in sports in High School, do they sing in a choir, all that good stuff.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

We base our conversations/questions around the different rounds. Since round one is only 25 minutes we ask the "general" questions such as hometown, dorm, major, and what they did on break/summer, the boring stuff, and try to base our convo's' off of that.

As our rounds progress so do our conversations. We ask them what they look for in philanthropy and on what they have spent their volunteering time on. I told my sisters to find similarities in pnm's answers to their own experiences so that the converstation can keep flowing.

We tell them about leadership possibilities and what kind of involvement they are looking for, etc. During house tours we focus the converstations on the different themed rooms they went through (social, philanthropy, sisterhood, etc)
Old 09-29-2005, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

When going through formal recruitment, there is a certain night of the week called "Variety Night" where chapters can pretty much choose what they want to do with the potentials. Our chapter does what we call "Quirky Questions" and we split up into two circles and put a stack of questions face down in the middle of the circle. These questions are anything from "What is your biggest accomplishment thus far" to "If your house were on fire and you could only save three things, what would they be?" Not only do they spark some laughter, but you can learn A LOT about the potentials and each other. This is also a great siserhood, rush, or new member event. We've had so many potentials tell other chapters how much they loved what we chose to do on Variety Night.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
I know its corny and we all get sick of hearing it,

WORK VISION...

Talk up core values...

get women to tell you what other things they like, what orgs were they in in HS or now in college. Do they like to do service? What classes do they really like?

You want to find out if women will be good members - you want them to like Phi Sig because they have the same values.