GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Gamma > Gamma Sigma Sigma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,248
2 members and 2,246 guests
chi-o_cat, Cookiez17

Old 12-21-2003, 07:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Fundraising ideas...

Hey everyone. Just wanted to get your feedback on something. I was trying to think of new fundraisers for my sisters and I to do and different ways we can get the entire Greek system and campus involved. I saw a commercial for the remastered Ultimate Dirty Dancing album and I thought it would be a great idea to have theme dances as fundraisers (80's night, Disco dance, 50's night [poodle skirts and greasers]). We can even turn it into a dance marathon and take pledges. Also, we can have a lipsync night, which would work like a talent show/Show Time at the Apollo, but with a little twist: if you don't like it, show 'em, if you like 'em, pay 'em. An all groups get to keep the money as part of their fundraisers; this way everyone wins. Dirty Dancing is my favorite movie and for some reason, that commercial just brought that theme stuff to mind. These are just ideas, but I do think they would be alot of fun. Let me know what you guys think.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-15-2004, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

The easiest thing I can think of to get every Greek on your yard excited is to have a step show. Who doesn't want to see a step show? And how many orgs do you know that wouldn't like to compete in one? That way, you enetertain your entire campus, get a chance to bond with other orgs, and have alittel fun yourselves. The catch is that it isn't *just* a step show...you have to make it so tha tevery org gets invloved with the planning and stuff, which in turn will get you guys closer with everyone else on your yard.

Just a suggestion