GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,314
0 members and 1,314 guests
No Members online

Old 08-09-2015, 09:38 AM
GreekChat Member

An Army Wives Recruitment

Hey everyone!
I've been waiting to have the opportunity to write a story for someone going through recruitment and now I have my chance!!! The school is not going to a secret for most of you on here and because of that, I don't want to reveal anything related to my Rec Girl.
There are 17 sororities that Tanya (name changed) will be visiting:
Alpha Chi Omega
Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Gamma Delta
Alpha Omicron Pi
Alpha Xi Delta
Chi Omega
Delta Delta Delta
Delta Gamma
Delta Zeta
Gamma Phi Beta
Kappa Alpha Theta
Kappa Delta
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Phi Mu
Pi Beta Phi
Sigma Kappa
Zeta Tau Alpha

Since I love Army Wives, this story will be with names of characters from the series. In no particular order the chapters will be known as:

Denise
Claudia Joy
Roxy
Pamela
Roland
Col Joan
Col Frank
Gen Michael
LT Trevor
MSgt Chase
Gloria
Hector
Jackie
Holly
Jeremy
Emmalin
Amanda

Stay tuned for the first day!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-09-2015, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Whoop whoop!
Old 08-09-2015, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Love recruitment stories with Alpha Xi.
Old 08-09-2015, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Yes!!!!
Old 08-09-2015, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Round 1 - Day 1

Going in to recruitment, Tanya was beyond excited! All she wanted to do was find her home; regardless of letters, colors, looks, mascot, etc.
I really think she was going in with an open mind and trying not to listen to any 'tent talk' that may have been going on.

On this first day, Tanya went to 10 houses.

Gen. Michael: Really pretty and really nice girls. Talked to three girls total and it just felt, "ok." It was somewhat awkward with the first and third girl. The conversation with the second girl was a lot easier. Tanya got the impression it was their first time on that side of recruitment so she wasn't too concerned with the awkwardness.

Col Joan: LOVED. Very nice girls, very easy to talk to, and really outgoing. They all seemed so personable with an amazing sisterhood. Tanya felt like she could bond with them.

Pamela: Tanya didn't have too much to say about this group. She felt that they were really nice but the entire visit felt awkward because of a lot of lull's in the conversations. She said it was also hard to understand what they were talking about when the conversation was on-going because it was so loud.

Jeremy: Really hard to hear in this house too, so the conversation was "ok." Again, she felt the conversation was somewhat awkward.

LT Trevor: Conversations seemed to run a bit dry but she felt a lot better about this house than a few others. All girls she talked to were really nice.

Claudia Joy: Super sweet girls, lots of energy and super easy to talk to. One of the favorites of the day!

Emmalin: Kind of liked this house but is unsure. Tanya only talked to one girl the entire visit, and after a while they ran out of things to talk about. She felt like the rusher forgot things they had already talked about which made it a little awkward for her (Tanya).

Roland: LOVED! The conversations flowed easily and everyone she met was incredibly nice. She talked to two girls most of the time, and also had the President stop by who complimented her on her dress and said she looked beautiful. Tanya felt they were really sweet and she felt like she was talking to a friend. Favorite of the day "by far" (her words).

Col Frank: These girls were really fun and easy to talk to. Tanya felt that they were genuine in that, they seemed legitimately interested in what she had to say. Super cute group of girls.

Denise: Last house of the day so even though it was easy to talk to the girls, the conversations got a little light. Tanya said she felt like it was easy to bond with the girls and that they seemed to have a really great sisterhood.

Overall, Tanya wouldn't mind being invited back to any of these houses. She has a few that she was madly in love with but knows that not everyone gets full lists for round two. She really does want to find the best home for herself, and not want anyone else wants.
She is excited to see what that second day of Round 1 has in store, and to see who invites her back!

I can't wait to hear about her second day of Round 1 and to post it for you all along with her rankings!
Old 08-09-2015, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Carnation, do you have any more daughters that will be going through recruitment? I want you to get that Pi Phi and hope you don't have to wait for grand-daughters! =)
Old 08-09-2015, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Round 1 - Day 2!

Tanya just got back to me after finishing the second day of Round 1!
She is tired but in high spirits!! We were talking about how crazy it must be to try and keep all the houses straight & she confirmed that if it wasn't for taking notes she would have no idea which house was which.
I can't imagine what that would be like!

On to the houses!

Due to being so tired, Tanya forgot to include one of the houses she visited yesterday... Amanda! Energy was high at this house. The conversations were good and the house was overall a "super sweet bunch of girls."

Holly: A great house to start the day, with really easy conversations. There was a lot of energy from all the sisters. However, it wasn't one of her favorite houses because she didn't click with them as well as with some of the other houses, but she wouldn't mind being invited back.

Roxy: Good conversations; it felt easy to talk to them. Everyone seemed very welcoming, and the last girl Tanya spoke with carried a lot of the conversation which was great. They seemed genuine.

MSgt Chase: Just like the other houses, the girls were nice but there was nothing really special about this house. Didn't connect to anyone in particular.

Hector: Talked to two girls the entire visit and loved them! Very easy going and appears to have a strong sisterhood.

Gloria: Talked to 5 girls! The last girl Tanya spoke to was kind of hard to hear which made things awkward; you know, the whole "wait, what?" kind of moments! LoL Overall, really easy to talk to and carry conversations, and sweet girls.

Jackie: Nothing really stood out about this house. The conversations didn't have too much luster. This house was better than some and worse than others.

At the end of the day, this is how Tanya ranked all 17 houses.

1. Gen. Michael
1. Col Joan
1. Jeremy
1. Claudia Joy
1. Roland
1. Col Frank
1. Denise
1. Amanda
1. Roxy
1. MSgt Chase
1. Hector
1. Gloria
2. Jackie
3. Holly
4. Emmalin
5. LT Trevor
6. Pamela

Last edited by alphagam808; 08-09-2015 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

When do they get their invitations?
Old 08-09-2015, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
When do they get their invitations?
Tomorrow morning I believe =)
Old 08-09-2015, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the story! Best of luck to Tanya!
Old 08-10-2015, 10:21 AM
GreekChat Member

I love Army Wives, too! (I just started watching it on Netflix.) Good luck to Tanya!
Old 08-10-2015, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't know the chapters yet, but Tanya was invited back to only three houses.

She is bummed of course but I keep reminding her that it only takes one!
There are so many women going through recruitment and each house can only take so many, but as you all know ... PNM's can't truly comprehend that in the moment. It's all feelings of "what is wrong with me?"

I'm sending positive thoughts through the Greek Gods and hoping she pulls out with a new home at the end of this week!
Old 08-10-2015, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

I've known girls to whom that happened and they kept all 3 houses through prefs; they were never cut after that. It worked out for them because they ended up getting their first choice of the 3!
Old 08-10-2015, 12:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I've known girls to whom that happened and they kept all 3 houses through prefs; they were never cut after that. It worked out for them because they ended up getting their first choice of the 3!

Thanks, Carnation.
I sent you a PM =)
Old 08-10-2015, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

I sent one back!