GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,425
1 members and 1,424 guests
babobygooglet93
Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkglitter View Post
Omigosh! I was told that it had gone missing! May the catwalk of Recruitment be as good as your sleuthing skills!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-04-2013, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to you Pinkglitter!! Read the thread in question, it is a GCClassic. We all were riveted. I just wish she had finished...

We called them "Functions". As in, "The Fijis have invited us to have a Function next month" and "Should we plan a Function with the Delts for homecoming?"

Functions were restricted to the chapters in question. No invite lists or crashing. We were old school. No need for a silly themes or Cosplay. It was a Function. It involved sorority women, fraternity men, music, some munchies, and in the days of 3.2 beer and 18 legal, a keg. Fun and done.

Last edited by Katmandu; 09-04-2013 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Spell
Old 09-04-2013, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovethesand View Post
Don't know what is worse - the thread itself or that I read 21 pages of it. Is it wrong that I wished she had finished her thread so I knew what happened to sweet Callie even if she was make believe?
No it is not wrong, and I am still steaming that those meanies ragged her so that she flounced.

And OldOleMiss, I can't take credit for finding the thread-that was all pinkglitter.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:58 PM
GreekChat Member

After I read that thread I felt as if I finally understood what "catfished" meant.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Someone please sticky that thread! :-) We cannot lose it, it is endless source of amusement and a point of reference for all future trainwrecks.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

This was the second time I tried to get through that thread, and gave up after the first few posts. Barf-o-rama! I do appreciate the fact that I now know the meaning of the sequined tights reference...I always thought it came from the "Weird Rush Stories" thread and that an active posted it about some random PNM's attire.

Also, I'm now feeling horribly self-conscious about that fact that I like to use a lot of...in my posts.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Pinkglitter the no social thing may just be a nasty rumor spread by someone who feels threatened by Barcelona. Do ask them, but do so but politely.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
Omigosh! I was told that it had gone missing! May the catwalk of Recruitment be as good as your sleuthing skills!
Thanks! lol. My mom calls me a "Google Genius". She and my bf will search something for hours then I walk in, type in a few words, and it pops right up as the #1 link. lol
Old 09-04-2013, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Our mixers were called "socials" and our date parties were called "date functions." Formal was "formal," but for ADPis, we always called it "Black Diamond" because our formal is "Black Diamond Ball." Occasionally, there would be a 4-way "social" at a fraternity house. A 6-way sounds insane!
Old 09-04-2013, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
Someone please sticky that thread! :-) We cannot lose it, it is endless source of amusement and a point of reference for all future trainwrecks.
I have it bookmarked. It is so unforgettable that I couldn't bear for it to be lost forever. It was one of the first threads I ever read on GreekChat, and I was enthralled. I think I mentioned in one of my first posts that I almost required counseling when I discovered that it was never finished.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

In the olden days at my school, mixers were called "woodsies" It involved a keg and a bonfire and I'll leave it at that. How any of us survived the '60's I'll never know. I am about to celebrate my 50th high school reunion so at least most of us did and are now grandparents with kids in college.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulGramma View Post
I have it bookmarked. It is so unforgettable that I couldn't bear for it to be lost forever. It was one of the first threads I ever read on GreekChat, and I was enthralled. I think I mentioned in one of my first posts that I almost required counseling when I discovered that it was never finished.
I wish someone who was of a creative bent would finish it off for all of us.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I read it too

Although I skimmed much of it, especially the jabs at her. Disappointed it was never finished but then again, I like imagining what could have happened. A classic for sure.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, so I was watching a video that Barcelona posted a few days ago and I noticed a picture of them at a mixer. It didn't stay up long so I'm thinking maybe this is something they just don't emphasize. It actually makes me like them more because I know that even though they go out, they push their philanthropy and academics much more. It would make me feel much better if I had to skip an event to catch up on homework or something.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Can't you ask your recruitment counselor?