GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,833
0 members and 1,833 guests
No Members online

Old 09-01-2018, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Raving Recruitment

I love electronic music so naturally this post is going to be named after DJs! If you know where I go to school feel free to message me but please do not post it on here. Thanks! I'll try to keep everyone posted but life as a new member is a little busy!

After moving in the day before and going to “get to know you” meetings, rush began in full swing….

The 13 houses at my school are:
Alesso
Calvin Harris
Duke Dumont
David Guetta
Marshmello
Martin garrix
Dillon Francis
Axwell Ingrosso
Tiesto
Chainsmokers
Diplo
Galantis
Martin Solveig

Round 1:
Alesso: Maybe I’m just blown away because it’s my first house, but the girl that picked me up at the door has the same name as my sister, and a very unique one too! I was bumped to the rush president so that is really cool. I feel wanted here.

Calvin Harris: Nope. The girl rushing me seemed uninterested in what I had to say. I didn’t get bumped, which was a bummer because I was hoping to talk to more than one person. Also weird because everyone around me was talking to multiple girls. “Good house” and most people around me enjoyed it but I left sad.

Duke Dumont: This has the reputation of having a ‘hippie’ vibe to it, but I got a great vibe there. The two girls I talked to there felt so real, I could honestly see myself in this sorority.

David Guetta: Hmm. I can tell these girls know how to rush. While the convo was good, the girl rushing me was desperately looking around the room trying to find the person who is supposed to stumble in and talk to me which made me feel weird.

Marshmello: Okay so this house is beautiful and this girl is really nice but they literally just got their house and have no history which is something I wanted. Cool but maybe not for me.

Martin Garrix: I love their mascot! But idk if I love this house. They feel a little bit less preppy than I am, and more laid back, which is fine, but maybe not for me. It doesn’t really seem like one that I could fit in well at, even though these girls are so nice.

Dillon Francis: I love it. Love it love it love it. The first girl I talked to seemed so genuine, and we talked about high school and how it's superficial, and she told me that was one of the reasons she loved this house, because it's not superficial. She’s in the same honors program as me and is telling me how important it is to take advantage. The second girl was just as amazing as the first!

Axwell Ingrosso: Shocked. I can’t believe I liked that house as much as I did. I think the girl I talked to also really liked me which is so exciting because I got such genuine vibes here too. I see myself here! She tried really hard to remember my name which is really good. When I talk about sisterhood I actually feel it here.

Tiesto: Going into this house was so exciting. This house is the ‘top house’ that everybody wants. The house is beautiful, the girls are beautiful and everything is very well done. I’d like to be able to come again, but I’m not sure if I fit in. Everyone was wearing fake eyelashes and they had tons of makeup on. Not really me.

Chainsmokers: Honestly I had a great conversation and really liked this house going in. It is another ‘top’ house but it really overwhelmed me how touchy they were. I could see myself here. They look really fun and preppy.

Diplo: This is my legacy house. Love love love loved it the second I walked in. It immediately felt like home! I can’t stop singing the song and I had great conversations! I walked out sufficiently freaked out because I was already so attached to a house and I didn't want to get my heart broken.

Galantis: It's fine. I know it's at a disadvantage because I just came from a house I love but I just wasn’t feeling it here. I had good conversations but I just didn’t get that feel like I got at Diplo and Dillon Francis.

Martin Solveig: So this was the last house of the day and I was SO tired. I thought the house was beautifully decorated but I just didn’t love the people I talked to. The conversations seemed a little awkward and forced. The girls are sweet but again, I didn’t really love it.

At the end of the day I had to have my top 10 and my bottom 3. It was kinda hard ranking them, but I thought I’d give Calvin Harris another shot. My bottom three ended up being - 1. Calvin Harris, 2. Martin Garrix and 3. Martin Solveig

Last edited by pearlygirl; 09-02-2018 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-01-2018, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm pretty sure I know where this is.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolene View Post
I'm pretty sure I know where this is.
How do y'all figure these things out so fast!! I have no idea where it is!! LOL!!
Old 09-01-2018, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASquirrel View Post
How do y'all figure these things out so fast!! I have no idea where it is!! LOL!!
SAME! Someone please share the secret.

Also, I love this theme!
Old 09-02-2018, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

I also think I know where this is! I just messaged you!
Old 09-02-2018, 08:26 AM

Ok, I don’t know this music genre at all but I have to ask. Did you name the chapters after the djs before rush and then were bummed that your least favorite chapter was your favorite dj & vice versa? Or did you name them after rush and give the chapters you liked the dj names you liked?
Old 09-02-2018, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Ok, I don’t know this music genre at all but I have to ask. Did you name the chapters after the djs before rush and then were bummed that your least favorite chapter was your favorite dj & vice versa? Or did you name them after rush and give the chapters you liked the dj names you liked?
I came up with them after. Honestly I like all these DJs so putting names to houses was just kinda a fun random thing! I will say there are a few houses on here who got DJs I love.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Round 2

Round 2:
Round 2 is philanthropy round at my school. We can get a max of 10 houses back. I showed up bright and early to receive my list. I was so excited and felt so lucky to have been asked back to 9 houses! Unfortunately several houses in my 10 dropped me, so I was going back to my bottom 3. I wasn’t too upset, I felt thankful that I still had some I liked. My list read Martin Solveig, Calvin Harris, David Guetta, Dillon Francis, Galantis, Axwell Ingrosso, Marshmello, Martin Garrix and lastly, Diplo! I was so excited to go back to that house. I know they say not to pick favorites but I did.

Diplo: I showed up to my first house of the day, SO excited to go back. I had a really great time, and talked to two really sweet girls. I loved their philanthropy and could not wait to be involved if I had the chance, but the conversation felt a little forced. I left again feeling so excited and couldn’t wait to go back.

David Guetta: I ended up having a wonderful time there. I talked to multiple girls about how their philanthropy touches their life and how they love working for such a good cause. I loved the girls I talked to and got such a genuine vibe from them, I really felt like I could be myself.

Galantis: I was excited to go back here since the last time was just alright. I talked to a really sweet girl and had a good time, but I just didn’t really get the feeling that it was the home for me.

Axwell Ingrosso: This was one of the other houses I was most excited for. I loved their philanthropy and the girls I talked to! It made me so excited to think these could be my sisters.

Marshmello: It made me sad to think that I wasn't feeling it here. It was beautiful, the people I talked to were great, but again, I just didn’t really see myself here. I felt crazy for not loving this house because there was so much to love and I really appreciated how amazing this house was but I just wasn’t getting “the feels”.

Dillon Francis: Again, an amazing round. I felt like I connected so well to the girls I talked to, and was so moved by their presentation. I wanted to be involved in it and I wanted these girls to be my sisters!

Martin Garrix: I didn’t have a great time here. I really like their philanthropy but I didn’t really connect with the girls I talked to, and I didn’t really feel at home.

Calvin Harris: I had a better time at this house this round. I really wanted to like this house, but I wasn’t really connecting to this girl either. There were a lot of awkward silences and forced conversation.

Martin Solveig: This was again, the last house of the day. I talked to great girls but wasn’t really feeling it. I had participated in their philanthropy before, so it would be cool to work for a cause I have experienced first hand.

At the end of round two I had three houses that were my favorite. Diplo was my top favorite, and then Dillon Francis and Axwell Ingrosso. I ranked my bottom 3 the same as last time, Calvin Harris, Martin Garrix and Martin Solveig.
Old 09-02-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASquirrel View Post
There are only 5 possibilities (13 chapters, housed, already completed recruitment.)Then factor in that one chapter just got their house...voila!
Old 09-02-2018, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Wait — this campus doesn’t have STEVE AOKI! Rats, I love Steve Aoki.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Round 3

I finally made it to round 3! Round 3 is sisterhood day and I was super excited to go to the houses and get a good feel for the sisterhood since that was what I was most looking for in a sorority, a good sisterhood. I felt confident that I would get my favorite houses back, so I woke up, wore my favorite dress, did my makeup and was ready to go. Waiting for the list was so scary, I got so nervous! I got my list back and my heart sank. Diplo and Axwell Ingrosso had dropped me, along with Calvin Harris. After letting out a few tears I regrouped and got excited for the houses I had. Although I was sad, I felt so lucky because I had a full 6 parties, and many of my friends did not so I headed to my first party with excitement to see the sisterhood videos all my friends had been raving about!

Martin Garrix: This was my first house of the day. As I looked around at the girls standing in the line with me, I realized these could be my sisters. They all looked so nice and it made me excited to go in the house! Watching their video changed all my ideas about this house. I talked to the most genuine girl and she told me some amazing things that really resonated with me. I got to meet the president and loved how genuine she also seemed. I really liked this party and did not want to leave! I left beaming.

Martin Solveig: I walked into this house excited after what an amazing party I had before. The girl that picked me up at the door I had the round before, so I said hi and was excited to talk to her again, but she didn’t remember me. It bummed me out that she forgot who I was. I did talk to other sweet girls there and enjoyed their sisterhood video, but I didn’t get the feeling that it was home for me. I was happy for everyone who ended up there because I knew they were joining a great group of girls, but that that group was not for me.

David Guetta: I was honestly a little surprised that I was asked back to this one since it was one of the ‘top’ tier houses. I had a great time here which was a little unexpected because even though I liked it last time, I didn’t think I would like it as much as I did. I teared up when I watched the sisterhood video, and talking to the girls was so cool. I felt at home. I even told one of the girls that it would be amazing if I could run home to them, which yes, was a little crazy of me but I just felt it! The girl was so cute and she said it was girls like me that made recruitment worth it. I left this house also beaming.

Galantis: Galantis was next on the list. I was excited to go back since I was having such a good time at the sisterhood parties! I talked to a girl I had talked to briefly before and she was so sweet. I enjoyed the sisterhood video, but as I watched it, even though it was a wonderful, fun video it hit me that this was not my house. I enjoyed the rest of the party but knew this was not my home.

Dillon Francis: I was most excited to go back to this house! I stood in line anxiously and looked around at these girls, who I was also excited to be sisters with! The video made me tear up, it made me want to be a Dillon Francis so bad! I loved talking to the sisters and also got such a genuine vibe which is what I was looking for all along.

Marshmello: I got picked up by such a sweet girl, and she was wearing a wristband of a music festival I have gone to in the past, so I got to talk to her about that. We clicked really well and I enjoyed talking to her. The video was sweet, but just like Galantis I got the feeling that this house was not for me. I left feeling a little bummed because it was a good house, but I just knew it wasn’t my home.

I felt good going into selections. I had a hard choice to make. I had loved 3 parties today and ranking them to just 2 houses was so hard. I will be honest and say that I put David Guetta in my top two because I liked the ranking. I chose Dillon Francis over Martin Garrix for the sole reason that I had enjoyed more parties, but Martin Garrix was hard for me to put in my bottom houses. My final list after round 3 was 1. David Guetta, 1. Dillon Francis, 2. Martin Garrix, 3. Galantis, 4. Marshmello, 5. Martin Solveig

An anxious night for me was ahead! I regretted putting David Guetta in over Martin Garrix, but tried to console myself by continuously repeating the rush mantra, trust the process.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Waiting for an update!
Old 09-05-2018, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Pref Round

Sorry it took me a little while to get back to y'all! I've been really busy with work.

The night before prefs was a rough one. I think it was half exhaustion from the week and half sadness from the continuous dropping of houses I loved. I got dropped from my legacy house and after managing to keep it together all though round 3 I got back to my room and cried. I couldn't understand why every time I fell in love with a house I would get dropped! It was such a confidence blow.

I spent the night scared that I would get back my bottom too. After awhile of anxiously laying in bed I woke up at 6 to get all ready for pref. Waiting to get my list was so nerve racking! Once I got it I was way too afraid to look at it, but I did. It read Martin Garrix and Dillon Francis. It was a relief! Getting once again dropped from my top house stung a little bit since it had been happening all week, but I was excited. The house I was nervous about picking over Martin Garrix wasn’t there and I ended up getting Martin Garrix after all.

Marting Garrix: This was my first house of the day and I was really excited to go back after such a good round last time. Pref was so nice. I heard it was much different from other rounds, and they were right! All the girls were singing this beautiful slow song and I got picked up at the door by the girl that rushed me 3rd round. I was so excited to have her because she was one of the people that made me fall in love with Marting Garrix in the first place. It was such a powerful party, I even teared up! Talking to the genuine, kind girls there made me feel so welcomed.

Dillon Francis: I went into Dillon Francis SO excited. It had been a favorite of mine all week. I loved the song they sang and how intimate and special it felt. I was also picked up by the girl that rushed me 3rd round and we had a great conversation. I felt so close to her already because she was so sweet. I teared up at this party too, I was getting all the feels! I saw myself here, I wanted to be apart of this house!

After both parties I had such a tough decision to make. I called my mom, talked to the pi chis, did everything I could to think it through. I decided to rank Dillon Francis over Martin Garrix, purely because of how I had felt good at every party there instead of just 2. The whole night I was agonizing over it, because once I submitted it I was so worried I made a mistake.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

I know it was hard, but I love how you regrouped every round and found new favorites.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Bid Day

The time had come for bid day. My roommate and I anxiously waited for the elevator to come and were trying to talk about anything else. I couldn't even think about it, but thankfully my amazing Pi Chi group was having so much fun before it started by singing cheesy songs that my nerves went away. As we stood there and I waited to get my bid, I heard the screams of all the sororities in the room next to ours. Would it be Dillon Francis or Martin Garrix?

10, 9, 8,

I feel my bid placed in my hands...

My friends got theirs too...

4,3,2,1... I held my breath as I looked at what I got.....

Martin Garrix!!!

I threw my shirt on and ran through the tunnel to have my sisters meet me with a big hug. I was bummed that I didn't get my first choice, but I kept my head held high. Bid day was fun and I made some amazing friends who I am now so lucky to call my sisters!

I am a proud member of ALPHA GAMMA DELTA and I couldn't be loving it more! To all that feel like recruitment may not be for them, I understand, getting dropped from houses you love can be hard, but I found sisters who I love and feel so lucky to be apart of something so special. Just as they all say, trust the process!