GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,168
1 members and 2,167 guests
Titchou
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 12:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face Intro to my Sorority Recruitment Experience

Hi, everyone!

I'm new to using Greekchat, although I've been reading recruitment stories and threads for years. I've always wanted to post my story about my sorority recruitment experience, and now that I have some free time, I'm going to do that. I've always loved reading the super in-depth, descriptive, and dramatic sorority recruitment stories for fun, and I'm hoping you all will get some enjoyment out of reading mine.

A little background information: I'm a freshman, who went through formal sorority recruitment this past fall. I go to a large university where Greek life is a huge focus of the social life of the school. Since I'm going to be very open about my experience and reveal a lot of things about it, I think it would be best if I didn't name my school.

~ Purple Lily

Last edited by purplelily; 01-24-2016 at 12:28 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-24-2016, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

All right, here we go. So, I have been exciting about joining a sorority since the beginning of time. I was born a sorority girl, as stupid as that sounds. So in the year or so leading up to recruitment, I did my research. In fact, I did too much research. I looked up all the Panhellenic sorority chapter's (at my university) social media, and consulted other sources on the internet to learn as much as I could about the chapters at my school so I would be completely "prepared" for recruitment. Unfortunately, by the time recruitment rolled around, I already had a huge bias. I had a list of chapters that I wanted or expected to be in. I also had a list of chapters that I felt were "below" me, and did not want to be in. I thought this previous knowledge would help me make decisions during recruitment when everything is so hectic, but instead it gave me expectations that somewhere in the back of my mind, I knew would backfire on me.

The school I go to has a pretty competitive sorority recruitment. It draws in hundreds and hundreds of girls but only has 14 Panhellenic sororities to place them in. Personally, I didn't think I would have any issue with recruitment. Although I was biased, I was not planning on dropping out of recruitment, no matter the odds, so in that way, I was pretty open-minded. I had a less than stellar grade point average (3.0), but I met the suggested minimum to go through (which was a 3.0). I also am a very friendly, bubbly, and sweet girl and I take care in my appearance. I was lucky enough to have many recommendations from family friends, as well.

Okay, background information rant = over. Now onto my recruitment story!
Old 01-24-2016, 01:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Here we go!
Closed Thread