GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,087
0 members and 1,087 guests
No Members online

Old 10-16-2000, 02:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to equeen
Lightbulb Respect....

...find some in your own heart for yourselves, even if you can't find it in your heart for others.

We only make ourselves (not others) look bad when we are discourteous of others, and if we have nothing to show for ourselves.

If there's any substance at all, let it shine through. Actions speak much louder than words (even on a forum, where words are the medium of communication).

Peace.

------------------
equeen
A Lioness has her Pride!
@>--;--
Alpha Sigma Kappa - Women in Technical Studies

[This message has been edited by equeen (edited October 16, 2000).]
Old 10-16-2000, 03:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Well said Equeen
Old 10-16-2000, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

Carol,

The reason that you have lost 99% of your audience here is not because we are pro-hazing or cruel or we don't care about rape. If you two had simply come on and stated your case, you might have gotten some listeners or some sympathy.

The reason that hardly anyone cares about you two and what happens to you is that with your little games, generalizations, and blanket accusations, you have been absolute assholes.
Old 10-16-2000, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by carol c:
Respect is earned.

I belong to a Greek organization that I am very proud of
To the first statement - you earn respect through credibility...enough said there.

To the second statement...why are you purposely NOT posting what organization you supposedly belong to. I am asking you now: (drum roll please)

"What organization do you claim to belong to?"

------------------
"Alpha Chi Omega - If you only had 2 wishes, what would your second one be?"
Old 10-16-2000, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I am not telling you, I don't want them to receive as much vile treatment as I have from the general Greek community. When the time is right, and there is a criminal trial, it will be made public, out of necessity-and not before. As far as losing my support from 99% of those on the board--you mean those who post, not all of those who come and view the board, but do not enter into the fray.

From the thousands who have viewed the www.geocities.com/chi_omega_secrets page, no, we aren't losing any supporters, they are finding out the truth-and they are distancing themselves from this organization.

[This message has been edited by carol c (edited October 18, 2000).]
Old 10-17-2000, 07:11 AM
Unregistered

Carol C=Alpha Phi
Old 10-17-2000, 08:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Back to the original topic Respect. Equeen, bravo. Good answer as always. Thank you.
Old 10-17-2000, 08:59 AM
Artimis

Greetings,

Respect with out a doubt is something earned. But common courtisty should be given to all. With that includes the idea that with every story, Each person stands and looks in from a different perspect, thus from their eyes they're are right.

If a poll of those posting and those watching the board were taken about their stance on Risk Management, you would find over 90% of them are [italics]for[/italics] promoting responsible behaviors and for removing hazing from their organization. Organizations have taken the first step, now the hard part is happening - implementation. And that is a place that many chapters might be failing.

Carol C, Most of the negativity and lack of respect that you have received since you've started posting here, has been because of angle that you choose to persue your cause. I orginally saw the URL for the website you've chosen to post on a post that went through the stophazing.org mailing list. I stoped at the front page because truth or not I'm not a member and as curious as i might be about the interworkings of another Greek Organization, I have respect enough for that organization not to look. And I think many here feel the same way. And that is just one example. I think you'll gain more respect from the posting comminuity if you post in a more positive light. I think most are curious about your greek affliation because, many could find it difficult that you would be pro-your sisterhood while hatefully against another greek organization.

Now, Positive spin. Carol, you said your greek as well. I'm going to make the assumption that its a NPC sorority, thus your sisterhood should have a Risk Management Policy. Have you read that Policy for your own organization and your daughters? And what do you think about it?

Artimis
Old 10-17-2000, 10:45 AM
Give me a break!

If this is not an issue reserved for this board to discuss, then quit posting about it .

We're all sick of hearing about the SHSU incident and the associated tirades posted by yourself and your daughter. It's gotten old.

You are NOT going to convince dedicated GLO members that their organization are 'cults' or 'satanic' or whatever. Many GLO's are non-sectarian or are based on Judaic ideals - are these organizations also non-Christian exploitative cults?

Please...if you don't like the sorority and fraternity experience, then go away and dedicate your time, money, and effort to some cause to a worthy cause like feeding the hungry, building homes for the homeless, or job training for welfare recipients.

You are not wanted here. It's obvious that you are not wanted in several places based on the number of times your postings are getting deleted off of other GLO discussion forums.
Old 10-17-2000, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by carol c:
This is my last post, and my daughter will not post anymore, either.
Wonderful idea - but where have I heard that before? hmmm...

We certainly hope you keep your word on this (isn't that in the Bible)- and that also means all the other names you both are posting under.

------------------
Old 10-17-2000, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Wink

AXO Alum, I know you will be shocked to hear that about 2 hours after carol c's big announcement that neither of them would be posting again--BS1980 posted again! (Risk Mgmt.)
Old 10-17-2000, 02:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by carnation:
AXO Alum, I know you will be shocked to hear that about 2 hours after carol c's big announcement that neither of them would be posting again--BS1980 posted again! (Risk Mgmt.)
Carnation -
ROFLMAO at that one! You are too funny! I don't have my Bible here at work, but I promise you that it is in there about keeping your word and not making false promises! Of course we may not have the same Bible!

------------------
Old 10-18-2000, 03:57 AM
GreekChat Member

AXO Alum, Carnation
Please Correct me IF I'm wrong, but do you see a CHI or an OMEGA anywhere in this post?? Lordy I must be blind! I sure don't.

Quote:
Originally posted by equeen:
...find some in your own heart for yourselves, even if you can't find it in your heart for others.

We only make ourselves (not others) look bad when we are discourteous of others, and if we have nothing to show for ourselves.

If there's any substance at all, let it shine through. Actions speak much louder than words (even on a forum, where words are the medium of communication).

Peace.

Old 10-18-2000, 10:01 AM
MoMo

AXO Alum -

I think that Q-T Pie was suggesting that it was Barbara V., oops Carol C, who first went off on the tangent.

Quote:
Originally posted by AXO Alum:
Do you see a Chi and an Omega posted (once again) by carol c above our posts? The topic got off course by others posts and we have every right to respond to them. If you don't "approve" of what carnation and I have said, then I "respect" your right to disagree. I'm sure I've seen other posts where you have posted "off-topic" so please lets not question one's eyesight and what they "should" and "should-not" respond to.

Carnation - glad we've become e-friends. We do seem to agree on many issues

Old 10-18-2000, 10:03 AM
MoMo

Sorry, pressed the button too soon. Q-T Pie was agreeing with you that the Chi O stuff is played out.

Quote:
Originally posted by MoMo:
AXO Alum -

I think that Q-T Pie was suggesting that it was Barbara V., oops Carol C, who first went off on the tangent.