GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,328
3 members and 2,325 guests
annetaedarky158, Cookiez17, John

Old 08-18-2009, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I'll make a public service announcement. H1N1 is killed by Hibiclens. Go to your drug store and pick up a bottle. If you wash your hands once a day it will keep you protected from transmitting the disease from your hands to your month, eyes, nose ect....It will not protect you if someone sneezes or coughs in your face, but it will protect you shaking all those hands with bugs on them during recruitment.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-18-2009, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, it is sorority members. I haven't heard of any PMN's yet but I did wonder about this as my daughter is friends with one of the girls and she spent a little bit of time with her before they went on silence!!! So far she feels good.

Lsumomx2 this is an extrememly stressful time. I am a kindergarten teacher(the reason my spelling is so bad, I have been with 5 year olds to long!) and my class could have got away with murder today until I got a text from her. This is probably going to be her first taste of rejection. She went to a very small school and she and her friends were top dogs. I spent the whole summer telling my poor baby that she was not going to be top dog at LSU so now she probably has some kind of complex
Old 08-18-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootiepie View Post
This is probably going to be her first taste of rejection. She went to a very small school and she and her friends were top dogs. I spent the whole summer telling my poor baby that she was not going to be top dog at LSU so now she probably has some kind of complex
The whole rejection thing is part of life.

You weren't hurting her by telling her that she's "not going to be top dog at LSU." Heck, alot of the PNMs at LSU were probably "top dog" at their respective high schools.

You were simply preparing her and telling her the truth!

Better to be prepared than shocked.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 08-18-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I tried hard to impart all the wisdom I have gained from the ladies here at GC
Old 08-18-2009, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Recruitment t-shirt

Here is a pic of the t-shirts someone mentioned above. They are sooooo cute!!
Old 08-18-2009, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Too cute! And I love that Kappa and Pi Phi are hugging
Old 08-19-2009, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Yep, I keep telling my daughter to be prepared for some rejection tonight when the next round of cuts is made.

Luckily, she didn't go into this with her heart set on any particular sorority. Of course, after going through 2 rounds, she now has a few favorites and a few that she doesn't feel are for her. I can tell from her voice that she's starting to get tired...still excited, but tired.

Oh well....the waiting continues.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Be strong...have faith!
Old 08-19-2009, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I just got off the phone with my daughter and you are right they sound exhausted. I was worried that she was upset but she assured me she is just tired.
She went into rush exactly the same as your daughter lsumomx2. She didn't know very much about any of the sororities but now she has 3 that she loves. As long as she gets at least 1, I think she will be happy. Of course I think these are probably the same groups that most of the other girls like too, so the cuts might be heavy. I guess I will find out tonight, she gets her invitations at 8.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

fingers crossed for your girls, moms!
Old 08-19-2009, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I've been talking to my friend, and she loves every chapter. She says she's going to have such a hard time narrowing it down to just one. That's great though, it proves what a strong school LSU is
Old 08-19-2009, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Well she got 4 invitations back. She is kinda bummed that her very, very favorite released her. She still has 3 chapters that she really likes and one that is kinda not. I thing she will have a pretty good chance of getting invited back to at least one of her favorites.

She is going to forget about the one that realeased her and have a great time tomorrow. The chapters she has left are all great but right now I don't think she is seeing that.

She isn't sharing much info about anything else. She has always been like that, so I don't have much to shre with you.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

My daughter got 3 invites back. Like tootiepie's daughter, mine didn't get an invite back from her favorite, and she was pretty upset. We have no Greek affiliation and she's really only had one letter of rec for each sorority, so she's probably fighting an uphill battle.

She still really likes one of the sororities that remains, is on the fence about no. 2, and doesn't feel she'd be a good fit for no. 3.

She's going to attend the skit round today and see if her opinion changes about 2 and/or 3. I'm afraid if no. 1 doesn't invite her back, she may consider dropping tomorrow. We'll see.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Hang in there. Moms!!!
Old 08-21-2009, 08:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

I wonder if these two daughters will be bid by the same house?!

I wish them the best!