GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,454
1 members and 2,453 guests
No Members online

Old 11-17-2003, 06:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sahara27
My AI update!

Hey everyone!
I talked to a women on the board of directors of the sorority I'm most interested in at the end of last week... and it went great! I was soooo nervous at first, but she made me feel so comfortable, and we ended up talking about practically everything for a really long time. Anyway, she thinks it's great that I'm interested in the sorority, and really wants to help get things moving (!!!). I was looking through my school's old yearbooks at work the day before she called (I work at Student Government), and I was so surprised that we had a chapter of this org here! It was a long time ago, but it was so neat. I told her this, and she said that as a sister I could help bring back that chapter (wow!). She said that someone on their board is from that chapter, so they are wicked interested in getting it up and running again.
So the call was totally painless! She said she's going to try to get back to me as soon as possible (even though technically nothing could happen until I graduate in May), but keep your fingers crossed!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-17-2003, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Great News!

That's such a weird coinincidence(sp?), I can't believe that there was a chapter at the school. I wonder why it closed? How long ago did it close? YOu are definately "destined" to be part of that organization--if you believe in that kind of stuff. I'm really glad that she made you feel very comfortable, as I have said before, I think that that is one of the most important aspects when considering joining an organization--that both parties and comfortable and both find a connection with the other. What a wonderful break for you! I'm really happy--congradulations! Where do you go from here?? What is your next step??
All these questions I'm dying to know!
Old 11-18-2003, 09:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sahara27
Thanks for the kind words! I don't want to give away TOO much information, but the chapter has been gone for about 20 or so years. I don't know anyone who was here that long ago to ask what happened. It was crazy looking through all those yearbooks -- we're a small state university (about 7,000), but there used to be SO many different chapters here! Interest in Greek Life has really died down here in the past couple of years, and with it went a lot of the orgs...
I really don't know what my next step is! I think they might be taking their time, since I am pretty young for AI. I'm just waiting for a phone call or email...
Old 11-19-2003, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Waiting..its the worst!

Waiting is the worst, but I guess that we all have to do it with this process. It seems like the more patient that you are, the better things work out for you. I guess that's the same way for everything! I wonder why the Greek interest died down, and if something might have happened to spark that...who knows! I am really glad that you had such a great break!
Keep us updated!