GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,948
1 members and 1,947 guests
Titchou

Old 09-07-2011, 12:56 AM
GreekChat Member

A Junior Transfer Lion King Recruitment!

Hi, I’m a junior transfer student and I’m rushing this fall! yay! So since I’ve read a LOT of these stories and advice on this site, thought that I’d share my story as well. I wrote bits of this after each night, but wanted to wait until after bid day to post! Last night was kick off night, and I met my RCs and recruitment group. Everyone is so nice and the RCs were really helpful and gave us great ideas, like texting them pictures of our outfits if we liked, and they told us it was a good idea to keep a notebook to write down impressions and our thoughts about the groups between parties. My school has 5 Panhellenic sororities and I will be naming them from the characters in the Lion King, since that’s my favorite Disney movie ! The 5 chapters are:

Mufasa
Scar
Simba
Nala
Zazu

I already have a few favorites based on the on campus events that have been going on the past week(Meet the Greeks, etc.) but I’m going into it with an open mind and am excited to meet them all!

Day one!: Day one was the most casual day, and we had thirty minutes in each chapter’s room. The parties that I went to are NOT in order and in no way do the characters have anything to do with the chapters, they’re just random.

Zazu: Such sweet girls! I talked to two, and I got along with both of them, the conversation flowed and there were a few similarities between me and the girls. They talked about some events they had in the past and I could tell both girls were really excited. They had a really cute theme as well. The only thing that I didn’t like were that their slideshow was only playing in the background, so you’d have to abandon your conversation to see it, which didn‘t really give me an idea of the chapter as a whole. But, I could definitely see myself fitting in with these girls, and I hope that I’m asked back.

Scar: I only talked to one girl at this sorority, but she was very nice and sweet, we had a good conversation. They showed a cute slideshow of photos to us. I liked this house, but I don’t know if I will be invited back.

Simba: These girls were so nice! It seemed like they had a strong sisterhood and were very genuine. I talked to three or four girls, and the conversations seemed to go pretty well. I could really see myself being friends with them. They also had a slideshow with pictures and music. I’m not sure if I could see myself being their sister, but I would be pleased to be invited back.

Mufasa: The first words that I wrote down in my notebook about this group are “LOVE LOVE Love”. This was the group that I liked the most before rush started. I love them even more after tonight! Some of the girls that I spoke with at Meet the Greeks even remembered me and said hi. They seem to have SUCH a strong sisterhood, they are so sweet and some girls that I talked to are obsessed with Disney like me! Yay ! I really hope to be invited back to this house.

Nala: This is the house that I was the most iffy about before rushing. I went in with an open mind knowing that I could still love them, but something just didn’t click. I spoke with three girls. One of the girls asked me the same three questions twice in a row without remembering that I had just answered, and they were all nice (and I have to give them credit, this was a little late in the day and we were all tired ). I just didn’t see myself fitting in. They also had a slideshow for us.

At the end of the night we were supposed to narrow it down to our top four(the order didn’t matter) and an alternate we would go to only if the alternate invited us back and one of the top four didn’t.
My top 4:

Mufasa
Simba
Zazu
Scar

Alternate:
Nala

SO excited for tomorrow! I really see how everyone can fit or get along with different girls, some of the nicest girls in my group had my favorite as their least favorite, and vice versa. So nervous and excited, our rcs will text us tonight and let us know if we are going back tomorrow

Fell asleep but woke up to a text from one of my rcs. I’m going back tomorrow! (well, this morning haha) Yay!

Day 2!: I got invited back to three! YAY! Simba and Zazu invited me back, and so did MUFASA! Tonight was philanthropy night, and we learned more about each chapter’s philanthropies and made a craft in some.

Simba: Really loved this group’s video and philanthropy. Both girls that I spoke to tonight were super nice. I had SO much in common with the second girl I spoke with, I could really see myself being friends with her. I’m still not sure if I could see myself fitting in with this group as a whole, they all seem so nice but I’m just not sure if I belong here.

Mufasa: STILL LOVE. Talked to a few different girls today, and got along with them as well. Absolute favorite! I teared up during their video and the craft was so cute! Another one of the girls that I had spoken to at meet the greeks even came over and said hi to me, literally every girl I met here has been so genuine, I just love this chapter.

Zazu: These girls also have a great philanthropy! I didn’t hit it off as well with the girls today, though they were both really nice. From the first day, I thought I could see myself fitting in, but now I’m not sure.

At the end of the night, we had to choose our two favorites and then choose an alternate (or alternates, if you had been invited back to more parties than I was). I was glad I went to three, I’m terrible at making decisions! I knew Mufasa was in my top but I couldn’t choose between Simba or Zazu. They are both so different and I liked them a lot. I had a very hard time deciding and my wonderful RCs helped me out and gave me some great advice. I’m still not sure if I made the right decision, but if I go back to either I will be pleased. I ended up choosing :

Top two:
Mufasa
Zazu

Alternate:
Simba

Day Three!: Preference
We were told that day three would be the more serious night. During this day, we would learn about a sister’s personal story involving her chapter and some groups have you participate in something similar to a ceremony. I got invited back to one chapter for this day, and it was…

MUFASA!

Yay! I wondered why any of the other chapters didn’t invite me back, but I was so absolutely happy to be going back to my favorite! Today I talked to a girl that I had spoken with the previous day. She told me experiences with her sisters and how much she loved her sorority. She also introduced me to her big and I could see how close they are, even though they’re both so different! I had to hold back to keep from tearing up during the video that they showed. Later on in the night when it got more serious, I actually did cry. I was so happy to be there and I felt silly, but it was so exciting. I continued to talk to the girl and there was never an awkward pause in the conversation, we talked about everything from the sisterhood and diversity in her chapter to random things and pizza places! I really really hope to receive a bid. The Rcs say that if they don’t call tonight, to show up for bid day tomorrow! Fingers crossed

Day four!: BID DAY!
Went to meet my RC group early in the morning and they seated us with our backs turned to hand out our bid envelopes. I was pretty sure that I’d be going back to Mufasa since they were the only one that I went to on preference night, but I still was about 2% worried that there was an error and my card would be blank or something! After we opened our bids, we went outside. I was so incredibly ecstatic when I ran home to…….

KAPPA ALPHA THETA!!!!!!<3
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-07-2011, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

congratulations!!
Old 09-07-2011, 11:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Welcome home PM me who you are! I'm an active in your chapter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhappy View Post
Mufasa: ...some girls that I talked to are obsessed with Disney like me! Yay !
LOL. you have no idea.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:37 PM

Yay for Theta!
Yay for quick stories!
Yay for the Panhellenic at this school explaining that rushees weren't cutting chapters!
YAAAAAAY all around!!
Old 09-10-2011, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats! Black and gold pansies to you!

and co-sign 33 above.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you all
Old 09-13-2011, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

How did I miss this last week?? CONGRATS!! I am so happy for you. I was scared when I saw that you were rushing as a junior... How cool that there is an active in your own chapter here on Greek Chat. Come say hello in the Theta "room" here on GC when you get a minute
Old 10-08-2011, 10:10 AM
GreekChat Member

soooo.... I think we're in the same pledge class! bahh, I wanna know who you are!!! b/c I love Disney too (and the Lion King happens to be one of my favorite movies.)
Old 10-08-2011, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpetowxo View Post
soooo.... I think we're in the same pledge class! bahh, I wanna know who you are!!! b/c I love Disney too (and the Lion King happens to be one of my favorite movies.)
hahah, you do know who i am! Just texted you
Old 10-09-2011, 01:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Congrats
Old 10-09-2011, 02:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Welcome to the Fraternity! I love Theta endings!
Old 10-09-2011, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Yay for Theta!
Yay for quick stories!
Yay for the Panhellenic at this school explaining that rushees weren't cutting chapters!
YAAAAAAY all around!!
What 33 said.

Just, YAY!
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 10-09-2011, 09:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Wonderful! Welcome to our sisterhood!