GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,133
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, Yodapolarisnupe

Old 11-23-2003, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
NCSU is open for Expansion!

The vote passed last Wednesday night to colonize another sorority on campus. The colonization will take place right after formal recruitment in the Fall of '04. As some of you know Delta Gamma just colonized a year ago (Nov. 17th was our first birthday!), and we are all excited to see how successful we have been. We can't wait to see another sorority find equal success!

So if anyone has strong national ties and wants to see their organization represented at North Carolina State University, here is your chance!

We're so excited!
Old 11-23-2003, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Which groups are already on the campus?
Old 11-23-2003, 11:29 PM
Super Moderator

Geez that's some fast expansion. What changes on campus have prompted such a fast expansion of the panhellenic system?
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 11-23-2003, 11:33 PM
Unregistered-

According to the NCSU Greek Life website, the following are the existing sororities:

Alpha Delta Pi
Chi Omega
Delta Gamma
Delta Zeta
Sigma Kappa
Zeta Tau Alpha

Does anyone know if there have been sororities there that have since closed? If so, what were they?
Old 11-24-2003, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Yep, there are the above 6 on campus now. Alpha Phi was here but closed a year before DG came on campus. And Alpha Xi Delta was here but closed in the late 80's I think. We are trying to go up to 10 sororities with in the next 6 years or so...our campus is very large with an increasing female population. NCSU used to be 70%-30% guys to girls but is now very close to 50%-50% yet we have 6 NPC Sororities and 23 IFC Fraternities. They think (through known and estimated statistics) that our campus (30,000+ students) should really hold at least 9 or 10 sororities. They would like to colonize a new group every two years (if groups continue to do well) until they meet this goal.
Old 11-24-2003, 03:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaPhiBubbles
BRING BACK ALPHA PHI!

hehe just kidding. well half kidding...im sure there was a reason they closed relativley recently.
Old 11-24-2003, 04:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Yeah. But I would like to see Alpha Phi representing there!
Old 11-24-2003, 09:01 AM
GreekChat Member

I would love to see either Alpha Phi or Alpha Xi Delta back. I was not around when Alpha Xi Delta was around, but I was here the year Alpha Phi closed. They are such awesome girls and the national sorority itself is super strong, but I think it will probably be too soon for them to recolonize. Although we cross our fingers in a few years it will not be. OF COURSE though, if Alpha Phi choses to send a packet of interest they will fairly be looked at and evaluated with the rest of them. The three finalists last time were Delta Gamma, Kappa Delta, and Delta Delta Delta. We are leveling the playing ground and all groups will have to re-submit packages (we are not just going to look at KD and DDD)...yay! I'm super excited!
Old 11-24-2003, 09:29 AM
GreekChat Member

As a North Carolina Alpha Xi Delta, of course, I would love to see us back at NCSU.

We have chapters at Western Carolina, UNC Asheville, UNC Wilmington, East Carolina, Elon, Methodist, and Wingate... NCSU would be chapter #8 in the state.... Elon, Methodist, and Wingate have all been established since our chapter closed at State in the late 80's.

It's great to see a greek system flourishing like the one at NCSU!
Old 11-24-2003, 09:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Txsurfinwaves
Pi Phi, anyone?

Yes, I am a little biased. We do have VERY strong nationals, though. I think we also need some more chapter in the Carolinas....
Old 11-24-2003, 10:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to butterfly2001nc
wow! Greek Life is going to blow up at NCSU! that's great! what about kappa kappa gamma or phi mu at ncsu?
Old 11-24-2003, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm super excited about ANY group! I can't wait until the presentations so I can see them (all NPC women are invited)!!!
Old 11-24-2003, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

when are they going to start presenting? in the spring right?
Old 11-25-2003, 10:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, I assume that the groups not on campus will be contacted asap so they can begin to express interest and send materials. Once those are all received and the groups are narrowed down to 3, they will be invited to campus. This will be in the spring. It makes sense that KD and Tri-Delt would be strong competitors as I know they both have been aggressivly checking with Greek Life to check Delta Gamma's success (especially Tri-Delta)...BUT they will be on an even playing ground. They are starting over because there are over 100 new Greek women on campus (Yay Dee Gee!) and they want us to have an imput too (which is why they are just not going to invite KD or Tri-Delta right off the bat).

Several people have PMed me asking for some more information. I'll try to get that to you tonight...I've been swamped with school work and classes end for Thanksgiving today so I'll have more time this evening.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey, CJ! Can you keep us posted on this whole process? it was so great ween DG came last year? working at the GL office while at NCSU, it was really cool to see that whole process and to meet Erin and the other DG rep. They were both soo sweet, esp. Erin.

Hope all is well!