GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,330
3 members and 2,327 guests
Cookiez17, Kevin

Old 04-25-2012, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

colonizing questions.

Good Day,

I currently attend a college that has no Greek life at its' campus. I have a 3.50 gpa and i took my time to understand how college works and what works better for me. Know I feel I am ready to make this life long bond. This college has other colleges of it that has Greeks but this campus does not. Students have signed a list to get the administrations attention on our want for D-9. The school has understood and seem to be interested in bringing Greek Life to the campus. There is just one thing nobody seems to know where or how to start though. I understand that to start a chapter we must first start a colony. I just need a to be guided in the right direction to start this process and to insure that everything is going properly. I know what sorority i want to be apart of but I want to also ensure that everyone that wants Greek Life here get the information they need to begin.

If someone can please guide me in the right direction it would be greatly appericated.!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-25-2012, 08:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme0913 View Post
Good Day,

I currently attend a college that has no Greek life at its' campus. I have a 3.50 gpa and i took my time to understand how college works and what works better for me. Know I feel I am ready to make this life long bond. This college has other colleges of it that has Greeks but this campus does not. Students have signed a list to get the administrations attention on our want for D-9. The school has understood and seem to be interested in bringing Greek Life to the campus. There is just one thing nobody seems to know where or how to start though. I understand that to start a chapter we must first start a colony. I just need a to be guided in the right direction to start this process and to insure that everything is going properly. I know what sorority i want to be apart of but I want to also ensure that everyone that wants Greek Life here get the information they need to begin.

If someone can please guide me in the right direction it would be greatly appericated.!
"Its" is already possessive. You do not need an apostrophe. There are some other edits that you need but that is the one that grated my nerves the most.

As for the answer to your question, you can find the website for each of the NPHC sororities and fraternities just as you found Greekchat.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

If i wanted you to edit my post I would have asked. It makes you come off as rude, and not helpful. I wasn't aware that I needed to have perfect grammar to post a post on this website. If it was your intention to come off rude then you could have kept that. Thank you for answering my question but as far as the websites go they give no information about the process of building a colony.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Aspirant
If i wanted you to edit my post I would have asked. It makes you come off as rude, and not helpful. I wasn't aware that I needed to have perfect grammar to post a post on this website. If it was your intention to come off rude then you could have kept that. Thank you for answering my question but as far as the websites go they give no information about the process of building a colony.
Interesting.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:55 PM

Ha! Sorry but I couldn't help myself.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to frangiblefacade
NPC- https://www.npcwomen.org/extension-info.aspx

Alpha Sigma Alpha- http://www.alphasigmaalpha.org/join-...a-chapter.html

Kappa Alpha Theta- http://www.kappaalphatheta.org/colle...hisSectionPage

It took me about 2 minutes to find those links, and thats just for NPC and two individual organizations.

Last edited by frangiblefacade; 04-25-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:08 PM
Banned

The OP is talking about the NPHC. Let the OP figure this out.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
The OP is talking about the NPHC. Let the OP figure this out.
Oops, I missed that. Either way, it's not that hard to find information about this stuff. Greek orgs want to expand, it's not like they will hide their information.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frangiblefacade View Post
Oops, I missed that. Either way, it's not that hard to find information about this stuff. Greek orgs want to expand, it's not like they will hide their information.
Either way. Like i said any help in any direction would be appreciated so thank you regardless. I admire the help.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
I admire the help.
They are some hardworking and tireless women. I did not like the movie in their honor but I heard the book is better. I still refuse to read it.

Last edited by DrPhil; 04-26-2012 at 07:00 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
They are some hardworking and tireless women. I did not like the movie in their honor but I heard the book is better. I still refuse to read it.
That almost made me spit out my coffee.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Rude?

Dear Pot,

I'd like to introduce you to my friend kettle. Please don't call him black, though. He's very sensitive about that.

Sincerly,
AF
Old 04-26-2012, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Oh my goodness, I just laughed so hard. You are so sassy.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you to those who have helped. I have found everything I was looking for. Thank you again.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Thank you to those who have helped. I have found everything I was looking for. Thank you again.
Good for you...you sure showed us.