GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,044
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, NikiMussen
» Online Users: 1,681
1 members and 1,680 guests
Sen's Revenge

Old 02-25-2009, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTAMich View Post
Well, I like the crescent moon!
Old 04-02-2009, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

http://Onesixphotography.com
in Georgia.

This is my favorite of my friend's daughter, looking out the doors of our church. She recently graduated from UGA, she and her sister were in a sorority there.

By the way, there are some great "Trash the Dress" pics on the website.

Last edited by BBelleADPi; 04-02-2009 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Adding info.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Along the theme of wedding photography, and to avoid a new thread, for those of you that are married (or been involved in a wedding where they did this) I have a question. At your wedding did you go to a location for photos between the ceremony and reception? My fiance would like some photos at the beach (I know, so cliche! haha) but I don't know if it's weird since we are likely doing the ceremony and reception at the same place - which is an old estate about 2 miles from the beach. I think we can do it if we go during the cocktail hour but I don't want to disappear for over an hour. Any thoughts or advice?
Old 05-11-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterXO View Post
At your wedding did you go to a location for photos between the ceremony and reception? My fiance would like some photos at the beach (I know, so cliche! haha) but I don't know if it's weird since we are likely doing the ceremony and reception at the same place - which is an old estate about 2 miles from the beach. I think we can do it if we go during the cocktail hour but I don't want to disappear for over an hour. Any thoughts or advice?
It's pretty common to go to other places in between for photos (at least here it is). I've been in quite a few weddings where we've done this. Some people leave time between ceremony and reception for this purpose. I think beach photos 2 miles away is no big deal.

I personally wouldn't go anywhere too far. I was once in a wedding where the bride left 2.5 hrs between for us to go to a park that was an hour away for pics.

Lakers Nation.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
It's pretty common to go to other places in between for photos (at least here it is). I've been in quite a few weddings where we've done this. Some people leave time between ceremony and reception for this purpose. I think beach photos 2 miles away is no big deal.

I personally wouldn't go anywhere too far. I was once in a wedding where the bride left 2.5 hrs between for us to go to a park that was an hour away for pics.
Yikes, an hour away is a bit ridiculous. I think realistically it would be like 45 minutes to an hour for the photos including travel time to and from the beach. I just don't want people "cocktailing" for a really long period of time (like 2.5 hours) and come back to a drunk group of people. That would be a bad move. Granted the location we're likely doing it at only allows beer and wine, but people can still drink a lot in 2 hours.

What about doing photos before the ceremony? I know it's becoming more common but all the superstitions, etc about not seeing each other beforehand still stick in my head.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:

What about doing photos before the ceremony? I know it's becoming more common but all the superstitions, etc about not seeing each other beforehand still stick in my head.
I'm a big fan of doing pics beforehand. It makes for a smaller time gap bewteen ceremony and reception, which is always nice because I find that by the time the ceremony is over, everyone involved is starting to get hungry (bride, groom, maids, etc). I know I am. Your hair and make up is fresher because you haven't had a chance to cry/sweat, etc. It also allows you to spend more time with your guests.

Also, you're STILL seeing each other for the first time, just not walking down the aisle. So you'll still have the same feelings (at least I would hope). I've never heard anyone say "Well I wasn't excited to see him at the end of the aisle because I had seen him for pics this morning."

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 05-11-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
I'm a big fan of doing pics beforehand. It makes for a smaller time gap bewteen ceremony and reception, which is always nice because I find that by the time the ceremony is over, everyone involved is starting to get hungry (bride, groom, maids, etc). I know I am. Your hair and make up is fresher because you haven't had a chance to cry/sweat, etc. It also allows you to spend more time with your guests.

Also, you're STILL seeing each other for the first time, just not walking down the aisle. So you'll still have the same feelings (at least I would hope). I've never heard anyone say "Well I wasn't excited to see him at the end of the aisle because I had seen hom for pics this morning."
That would be hilarious if someone did say that.

I've heard of a lot of people doing them before as well. Several of my friends have done it and it's nice because they can actually come to the cocktail hour and see people rather than being MIA for an hour. I think it would be nice to calm our nerves if we did see each other beforehand. That's a good point on the hair and makeup freshness. Hmmm....maybe we'll do that.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:36 AM
GreekChat Member

A long gap between the ceremony and the reception also makes for less people usually at the ceremony. That's what happened this weekend. There were 3 times as many people at the reception because there was a three hour gap until the cocktail hour started.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Along the theme of wedding photography, and to avoid a new thread, for those of you that are married (or been involved in a wedding where they did this) I have a question. At your wedding did you go to a location for photos between the ceremony and reception? My fiance would like some photos at the beach (I know, so cliche! haha) but I don't know if it's weird since we are likely doing the ceremony and reception at the same place - which is an old estate about 2 miles from the beach. I think we can do it if we go during the cocktail hour but I don't want to disappear for over an hour. Any thoughts or advice?
We did photos at the Boston Commons between the ceremony and the reception. We got married right down the road (Trinity Church in Copley Square), so it was a quick limo ride. This was during the cocktail hour, and it worked out well timing-wise; we did the photos, got back into the cars, and arrived at the reception just as cocktail hour was ending and people were taking their seats.

To be honest, I think most people expect the bride and groom (as well as the parents and wedding party) to "disappear" during the cocktail hour, because that's when most people do their pictures. At least, that's been my experience with my own wedding and the weddings I've attended (and I've attended a bunch of the past few years for college friends and family).
Old 05-13-2009, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Despite our liberal leanings, husband and I were very traditional about our wedding. We didn't want to see each other before the wedding. The photographer spent the morning with me and the girls at my parent's house, and then left to meet up with the boys at the church in advance of the ladies. We also had a late mass, at 3:15, and Saturday afternoon mass began at 5:30 (and its an old parish, people get there EARLY). So we had a game plan for our "formal" shots...we did the whole thing very quickly. As we were doing the pictures, parishioners were coming in. We got lots of hugs and waves from the old people who've known husband since he was wee (he was an altar boy up through high school). We scheduled the cocktail hour for 5pm, and it was about 15/20 minutes away from the church. It all worked out perfectly. It's possible, but it requires a bit of planning.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Most of the weddings I've attended recently have done a cocktail hour, during which time the whole party pictures are taken (beforehand, they did the bride and groom, and their associated peeps, separately). It didn't bug me too much--more time to sip n' socialize for me!

One wedding I went to last year did have the formal pictures beforehand, so they saw each other before the wedding. They had lived together for 4 years prior, and they're suuuuper liberal, so I'm sure it was one more tradition they were all too willing to do away with.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

We didn't do photos beforehand (and honestly wouldn't have had time) and I'm not a big fan of the catholic gap. Unless you have specific photos you're dying to get, I don't see the point in going "on location" for photos.

We did the bride and peeps and then groom and peeps before the ceremony. Then afterward we did the family formals and some bride groom shots. Then we went around cocktail hour and mingled. Then met back up with our photog and did more bride groom shots. Honestly, we have over 1400 photos and we did few "formal" photos. It may depend on all the photographer, but honestly the ones we love the best are the totally off guard ones.

And, guests said more than once after the wedding, it was refreshing to see a relaxed bride and groom who made the rounds both at cocktail hour and after dinner during the reception. But that JMHO.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Brandon Short
- Chicago -
backgrounds aren't fake
no HDR
not models.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHwku View Post
Brandon Short