GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Psi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 308,150
Threads: 114,818
Welcome to our newest member, nitikaawasthi

Old 01-08-2009, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
What about

"Writing letters to the big brothers, having sessions down at the house. Gettin' signatures for our little red books, trying to make us meek as a mouse....we're holdin' steady, holdin' steady, right there why we get it, and I reckon that we're gonna get it, cuz we pledge...we're pledgin' Kappa and we still got a whole lot of soul...zoooooom, zoom, zooma zooma zoom, zooooom, zoom, zooma zooma zoom, a zoom zoom.

That's just part of it. I can't remember the rest. Anyone use this chant?

We didn't...But I know the song and agree its a great one.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_I_A_Nupe View Post
LOL....I feel you on that....Kollectively, "Lawd, Its so hard Pledging K A Pse..." but personally, I used to listen to Kayne West "Can't tell me nothing" because I need to get my money right and when I was on, I played "I Wonder".....That first line "I've been waiting for this all my life" describe my lust for Kappa at the time.
My song was "MOTIVATION" by T.I.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAPPAtivating View Post
My song was "MOTIVATION" by T.I.
That was my song when I transfered schools and we really got on my grind to graduate. On a random note, Phil Collins "Air in the night" was inspirational for some weird reason.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
That was my song when I transfered schools and we really got on my grind to graduate. On a random note, Phil Collins "Air in the night" was inspirational for some weird reason.
"In the air tonight" was my Dean's line's song when they were scrollers.
The most hated organization within the Divine 9
We know it and you know it too
Old 03-01-2009, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry The funny scroller song

K I A Nupe and PrettyBoy:

That song yall were trying to remember goes like this:

Writing letters for the big brothers, having sessions down at the house. Getting signatures in our red books, trying to make us meek as a mouse. Hold it steady right there while I hit it, cuz I reckon that I ought to get it cuz I'm pledging, I'm pledging Kappa, and I still got a long way to go... zoooooom zoooooom zoom, zoom zoom zoom, zoooooom zoooooom zoom, zoom zoom zoom, zoooooom zoooooom zoom, zoom zoom zoom
Old 03-01-2009, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazmaniaK View Post

Writing letters for the big brothers, having sessions down at the house. Getting signatures in our red books, trying to make us meek as a mouse. Hold it steady right there while I hit it, cuz I reckon that I ought to get it cuz I'm pledging, I'm pledging Kappa, and I still got a long way to go... zoooooom zoooooom zoom, zoom zoom zoom, zoooooom zoooooom zoom, zoom zoom zoom, zoooooom zoooooom zoom, zoom zoom zoom

Thanks for the post Phi.....I gotta teach it to the next line, along with a few others.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazmaniaK View Post

What chapter are you from?
Old 03-27-2009, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to JKenny
Quote:
I was looking for the name of this but I kouldn't find it. This is the chant a Brother from "O.G." gave us:

"Brothers.....I don't know, I don't know if I can make it into Kappa Alpha Psi....OHHHHHHHHHHHH....Big Brother said we couldn't make it, Huhhh....but we got a big surprise.....We're gonna cross those burning sands, We're gonna make into Kappa Alpha Psi....OHHHHHHHHHHH"

I went to a Probate at Rhodes College in Memphis TN last night and they said that same chant

Last edited by JKenny; 03-27-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKenny View Post
I went to a Probate at Rhodes College in Memphis TN last night and they said that same chant
Rhodes...what chapter is that?
Old 03-31-2009, 03:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAPPAtivating View Post
Rhodes...what chapter is that?
LOL

waiting for an answer.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:53 AM
GreekChat Member

I dont really know, but I know it was at Rhodes, it just said Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Inc. Welcomes new members. "Nupe Inauguration" March 26th
I don't know if it was Rhodes chapter that's where it was though, One of the new members was a friend of mine but he goes to a local community college which doesn't even have Greeks so I dont know how all that worked out but there's the link

http://cal.rhodes.edu/cal_event.php?id=630513

Edit: I thinks it was CBU Omicron Epsilon Chapter and they just had it at Rhodes, but I dont really know, the Rhodes KAPsi is not residential so Rhodes doesn't actually have a Chapter, Right?

Last edited by JKenny; 03-31-2009 at 04:02 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Some of the Kappas from Kappa Beta Chapter were there though, I really only know the chapters in Arkansas though, and Kappa Beta in memphis, I only know them cause I went to are part though
Old 03-31-2009, 07:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKenny View Post
Some of the Kappas from Kappa Beta Chapter were there though, I really only know the chapters in Arkansas though, and Kappa Beta in memphis, I only know them cause I went to are part though
I forget who I am speaking to. But, nevertheless, it was CBU. I met them a few weeks ago.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Kappachino3Klub
Lifelong Good One

One of the good one's that I can't say is really chant of sorts, and I won't reveal the name or the whole piece because of how public the forum is, but I've found over and over in my life as when I've had to repeat this to myself....

"Out of the night that covers me, black as the pit from pole to pole..."

NUPES I know you feel me on this one?
Old 03-31-2009, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I recite part of this on a regular basis...