GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,312
0 members and 1,312 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2018, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Living in a dog eat dog world while wearing Milkbone underwear
NPC Expansion Advice Request

Hi,
I am an advisor for an NPC chapter at a small school in the North. We have five NPC sororities, only two of which are at total. Greek life has grown very quickly here, not due to demand, but due to the insistence of the office of Greek Life. We have added 3 chapters in less than 2 years and they have voted to add another chapter in the fall. The director of Greek Life wants to keep the chapters as small as possible (total used to be over 50; now it's 40 and we can't get there). She also hand picked the national organizations that she wants on campus, and sent expansion packets only to them. She wants to choose the organization "with a philanthropy that people like." Has anyone ever heard of this before?

We (the advisors) feel like the college is creating a no-win situation for us. We are never going to get to total if they keep adding new colonies. Our chapters have voted against expansion in the past, which resulted in vindictive treatment from the GL director. The chapters felt forced to agree to expansion again to please her.

Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this situation? Thank you for listening.