GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,404
3 members and 1,401 guests
flamboyanttree, Kevin, Xidelt

Old 08-18-2008, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAMOMof4 View Post
I just talked to my daughter on the way to class and she is still not comfortable. She's worried that her Gamma Chi may have dropped the ball by not calling her and she'll show up in the lobby in her white dress and feel like a fool! I can't say I blame her for being cautious. She says there are lots of stories going around and "misstatements" of truth, if you know what I mean. One story that she heard is that 600/1300 have been cut or withdrew. That seems unusually high. Does anyone have any inside info? Also, I told her to call the panhellenic office and just ask. Her Gamma Chi did not reply to her text today. It's possible she's in class, but DD's worried that the GC does not want to be the one to break bad news so is avoiding it. Any thoughts, ideas or info?
Bless her. If bids at today at 5:30 and she hasn't heard from her Gamma Chi by now then I'd say she has a bid for sure! There is no way her Gamma Chi "dropped the ball" or is avoiding breaking the news to her...they can't do that. Just based on what I know from girls who rushed this week at Bama and AU, I would say that if she didn't get a call first thing this morning then all is well. My daughter's Pi Chi texted her her party schedule after the 3rd round of cuts at like 6:00 a.m. Thursday morning. I almost had a heart attack running to my phone when my daughter texted me right after that.

I hope you're going to see her get her bid!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-18-2008, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I agree that number seems way too high to be true.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

That number does seem really high. I think Alabama lost 500 out of 1600 by the time it was all said and done. I think her Gamma Chi would definitely have called but I understand the paranoia. It never seems real until you have that bid card in your hand!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

If DoctorD is right and quota is 58... multiple that by 17 chapters and you get 986. Not all chapters may make quota, and some will go over, but that should give a *general* ballpark of girls getting bids.

It also seems more in line with what would be expected.

Tell your daughter to take a deep breath, and just hang in there.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Just got the news that she got a bid! YEAH! Thanks for all you support, information sharing and kind words throughout!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay UGAMOM's DD--- but where is her bid from??? You're killing me!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I have been reading this and just waiting for the word on your DD!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats!!! Let us know where when you can!!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Just got the news that she got a bid! YEAH! Thanks for all you support, information sharing and kind words throughout!
Yay! Congrats to her.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats to your daughter! Hope she is very happy!
Old 08-18-2008, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Any word yet on whether all the chapters made quota? I wonder if there is still some snap bidding going on?
Old 08-18-2008, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Hooray!! You had me kind of worried there! (sympathy worry)

Congratulations and let us know where she ended up!
Old 08-18-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMA2 View Post
That number does seem really high. I think her Gamma Chi would definitely have called but I understand the paranoia. It never seems real until you have that bid card in your hand!
Wasn't there someone from UGA on here last year saying stuff like 3/4 of the girls got dropped - just to make it sound more elite? I know that there's confusion sometimes but I honestly believe some of it is deliberate.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Wasn't there someone from UGA on here last year saying stuff like 3/4 of the girls got dropped - just to make it sound more elite? I know that there's confusion sometimes but I honestly believe some of it is deliberate.
I used to hear similar rumors in college.

"Oh back in Georgia, we don't even set quota by dividing the number of PNMs returning to pref night by the number of chapters, we just choose a number that we want in order to make our chapters elite enough. Lots of girls go bidless."

Uh, yeah. If you say so.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I am SO relieved...I have been following UGA rush and was getting nervous as you relayed your daughter's story...hitting the refresh button WAY too often...congratulations to both of you, and I hope she has a wonderful bid day! Do keep us updated not only on where her new home is but also on bid day activities, once she tells you about them... we all need to re-live the magic!