GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,613
3 members and 1,610 guests
AlwaysSAI, Xidelt

Old 04-01-2004, 02:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BabyP
After Drop

Have you noticed that after you are dropped or you drop or was cut or didnt choose the house during rush, that they are not nice to you anymore and kind of be rude to you or shut you out??? I hear alot of people complain about this....
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-01-2004, 07:38 AM
That1LoudChick

No

Actually, I noticed the opposite last year when I went through informal. Sororities who didn't extend me a bid were still really nice to me. Now that I am sort of going through recruitment, I have a feeling that the girls in the chapter will still be just as nice. I admit that sometimes you get those girls who just really didn't want you in their chapter and weren't afraid to show it, but those are few and far between.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:07 AM
GreekChat Member

I was cut from a group (the night before pref) that I was really considering & it really really really hurt. Not only did those girls never treat me rudely after the fact, the girls from my rush group that joined that particular sorority still remained good friends of mine.
As for any of the other sororities that I cut/cut me-I never really paid much attention to since I didn't really get to know them I didn't really mind what they thought about me.
Old 04-01-2004, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
i only went to one house... mine.
However I was called up for COB after dropping out of formal. I said I was rushing Chi Delta and the girls on the other line said, 'well good for you!' (with a smile... you could tell.)
And now I mention that I am a chi delt alumna and i hear... wow, cool!

So no.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Nope

We had one girl drop this semester because she had too much work and stuff. She's really busy and we barely see her around campus. Yesterday we were doing our blood drive in the Student Center (we sponsor a blood drive on campus once each semester) and she was walking through the Student Center and she came up to us and we were talking to her for a while.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Never being dropped...but

I never was dropped from either one of my Frats. but I did see the treatment that bro's(college Frat.)gave to guys who dropped or got dropped. I thought it was f#$ked up. Now, don't get me wrong there was one guy who shall go name-less but he deserved the f#$ked up treatment during and after he got dropped on his a$$! My opinion on the way Bro's treat someone after a pledge program if they did not cross is up to the bro(most had good reasons on why they treated a kid the way they did, though we should remember we are not parents). He should decide if that person deserves respect or not. I try to treat any rushee or pledge with respect even if they drop or get drop. In the case of the one pledge who was a chump(to long of a story to explain) I tried after to be nice and all-BUT the kid as a JOKE! Worst part he was my Lil'Bro
-Heath
F&AM(PHA-Cedars#64)
Phi Kappa Tau
Old 04-04-2004, 12:39 AM

No, not at all. The one house I can remember that dropped me resoundingly had some very nice girls in it I hung out with senior year. Usually the only time that happens is if you are being a pain or a leech or acting like you wish you could have pledged them instead of being happy with what you have. I was obviously very happy in the sorority where I was so they were cool with me.
Old 04-04-2004, 01:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nyrdrms
A couple of years ago we actually had a group of about five or six ladies that went through formal recruitment at our school with the intention of dropping half way through. They did this to get to know the sororities and find out if they were fake during recruitment....basically, they wanted to see how they would be treated by each of the different organizations after they dropped out of recruitment. After a semester, they decided where they wanted to go based on how they were treated after the fact. I have to admit, it was a very smart move on their part, and they were all happy with where they eventually ended up.