GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,448
1 members and 1,447 guests
MSKKG

Old 09-10-2014, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Can't wait to hear your story. Keep an open mind, have fun and makes lots of new friends!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-10-2014, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought the colors were going to be nail polish shades.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Best wishes to you, anonreb!

Old 09-16-2014, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Just wanted to give an update without going into too much detail, recruitment has been very good but I did experience heavy cuts the first round so I am very nervous going forward. I hope I have a good story to share with you all!
Old 09-16-2014, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonreb View Post
Just wanted to give an update without going into too much detail, recruitment has been very good but I did experience heavy cuts the first round so I am very nervous going forward. I hope I have a good story to share with you all!
Hang in there and have fun with it. All it takes is one house! Remember, there are no bad houses at ole miss! Good luck!
Old 09-16-2014, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Chin up, and good luck!
Old 09-16-2014, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Well you only need one anyway! No matter what happens, don't let the nerves get to you and best of luck with the rest of the week!
Loyal, forever, Alpha to thee
Old 09-21-2014, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Fingers crossed for anonreb today!
Old 09-21-2014, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I am hoping that anonrebel is too busy with her new sisters to post her story! Come back tomorrow & let us know :-)
Old 09-22-2014, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I wont be putting these in the order than I went just to maintain my anonymity.
So Sunday we visited all 10 houses and my impressions are as followed:

Razzmatazz- I LOVED them. I didn’t think I would as much but it ended up being so amazing. I had good conversations with the girls and they flowed so naturally.

Jazzberry Jam- At first I as unimpressed, the girl rushing me was very nice but it didn’t flow, there were definitely a few points where I could feel the conversation coming to an awkward end BUT THEN I got bumped to the most amazing girl and we had the best and least generic conversation of the day. She definitely made this house stand out in my mind.

Purple Mountains Majesty- I really enjoyed myself in this house. It wasn’t my best conversation but it also flowed fairly well. Fingers crossed I get invited back because I can really see myself loving this house it just all didn’t click today

Fuzzy Wuzzy- I wanted to love this house so bad. At first I was paired with a very nice girl but our conversation just wasn’t very good. I was then bumped to another girl and I definitely had a better conversation with her but there was still a level of uncomfortableness (is that a word??) that didn’t set well with me.

Mauvelous- UGH like seriously just UGH. I didn’t think going through there would be a group that I just didn’t want to return to but mauvelous did it for me. I felt like the girl rushing me was uninterested with what I had to say and that completely tore down my confidence. I really didn’t like how I felt in this house and I feel so bad about casting a negative judgement about a house so early on but it just wasn’t a good experience

Purple Pizzazz- I LOVED this sorority. SPOILER ALERT: they were my favorite of the day. The girl I talked to was so great and we had a conversation about a topic that I am extremely passionate about so it definitely felt so good to be able to talk about something I love and let my personality shine through that. I cant praise this sorority enough.

Tickle Me Pink- At best my conversation was subpar. I really wanted t love this chapter and wanted to get invited back for anther chance to see what they're all about

Mountain Mellow- The girls I met in this house were very down to earth and real. The conversations I had were fairly good and I walked away feeling good about this house.

Laser Lemon- Another one of my favorites of the day! The girl I talk to in this house was so fun and funny and I felt like my personality meshed well with the girls I met in this house
Macaroni and Cheese- The conversation flowed here but it wasn’t noteworthy. I enjoyed this chapter though and hoped to return

Such a long and tiring day, after waiting in line to rank for nearly two hours I ended putting Mauvelous and Fuzzy Wuzzy in my bottom and ranked the remaining eight in my top.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

More please?
Old 09-22-2014, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Mauvelous was not Marvelous.
Irony.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

Yay and agree with MP....more please
Old 09-22-2014, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member