GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,742
1 members and 1,741 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 03-28-2003, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Alumna Initiation - Navane

Hi everyone!

Well, the thread I was using to post my alumna initiation updates got deleted from the system when GC had that crash/hiccup a few months ago.

So, instead of barging in on someone else's thread, I've created my own.

Of course, I don't have anything terribly exciting to share. I went to London two weeks ago and met two GreekChat members UKAXO and kittyuk! They are so much fun! What a riot! Yes, I did get a picture of us and I will try and post it when the film is developed. kittyuk, who is also hoping to be alum initiated one day, and I had an inside joke about having to start our own sorority. It's called "Lambda Beta Sigma" and our motto is, "Exclusively for Everyone" ehehehehehe....you HAD to be there! Anyway, the whole day was lots of fun and it helped me see the positivity that sorority sisters can bring into your life.

On the topic of my quest for alumna initiation with "sorority #2", I'm still waiting. I e-mailed my contact last week just to see how she was doing. She e-mailed back yesterday and told me about the neat things she's been up to. She even mentioned how she had run a local marathon and that she crossed the finish line holding the hands of two of her sisters. Now how's THAT for sisterhood?! Anyway, it's nice that she still e-mails every now and again.

So, I guess that's it for now!

PNAM,

.....Kelly

Last edited by navane; 03-28-2003 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-28-2003, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
I wish you the best as you pursue Alumna Initiation. I can't wait to read this thread.
Old 03-28-2003, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Damn, Kelly, is good to see ya still hanging around and in the game! I am so glad you ran into some other GC crazies.

I still have the Postcard you sent to me and look at it lovingly everytime I sit down to the old Screen!!!!

Wish I could fly over the Big pond in my private plane and take you back to the S H PUB and buy you a Pint ( Ladies are only supposed to drink Half Pints) and have a couple of Scotch Eggs!

I just wish that when you come back from your tour of duty for learning that you could fly into Kansas City and I would take you around town to show off the Princess That You Are!!!!!!!!

Luv You, have a great time and look forward to being back in the USA with all of us!

Keep a stiff upper lip as the British say!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 08-21-2003, 10:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey everyone,

I thought I should bump up my thread because A) it was getting lost down at the back of the listing and B) I just realized something interesting today.

This afternoon I was PMing with someone when I mentioned how long I had been working with "sorority #2". Here's what I said, pretty much word for word:

It took ONE AND A HALF YEARS from my first attempt to contact sorority #2 to the last meeting I had with the regional coordinator. I'm not even counting the year and a half I've been away overseas. If I include that, it would be nearly THREE years on ONE sorority!

Can you believe that???

PNAM,

.....Kelly
Old 08-21-2003, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

That's dedication...........
Old 08-21-2003, 11:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes, navane, I can believe it.

We're coming up on Year #1 of my own AI pursuit. Time seems to fly when things are going smoothly, then slow to a crawl when there's any hint of a wait.

Take heart, many of us understand and are in the same boat right with you. I believe that it will be worth the wait--for *all* of us!

{{{}}}

Adrienne
Old 08-21-2003, 02:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228

Bout time you started your thread!
Old 08-22-2003, 08:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jill1228
[IMG]
Bout time you started your thread!

hehehehe...

Jill, I started my thread in 2001!!! The problem was that it got deleted when GC crashed last year. This particular thread (the one we're on right now) was started on March 28, 2003!! So, don't you tell me it's about time I started something!

.....Kelly
Old 08-22-2003, 01:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Ya know I luvs ya!

Quote:
Originally posted by navane
hehehehe...

Jill, I started my thread in 2001!!! The problem was that it got deleted when GC crashed last year. This particular thread (the one we're on right now) was started on March 28, 2003!! So, don't you tell me it's about time I started something!

.....Kelly
Old 09-09-2003, 01:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Okay, because I'm behind in the news, are you pursuing AI in England or the states?
Old 09-09-2003, 06:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DZHBrown
Okay, because I'm behind in the news, are you pursuing AI in England or the states?

Uhm, it depends on what you mean! If you are asking me if I am working with a group to be alum initiated in the United Kingdom, then the answer is no. There aren't really any alum associations here to work with. If there are, then no one told me about them. However, technically, there is nothing stopping me from pursuing AI from afar until that time when I return to the US. Does that make sense? Of course, being overseas sort of makes it difficult to attend events.

.....Kelly
Old 09-09-2003, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Okay, that makes sense! Thanks
Old 10-28-2003, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi CutiePie2000!

I am now home in the US. Could you please adjust my listing in the Roll Call thread to reflect that I am no longer "presently in England"? Thanks!!

To Everyone!

A year has passed since I last took on active AI movement. Now that I'm back in the US, I can resume where I left off. Though, in the last couple months, there has been a little bit of development. With all of the new PNAMs, and with my AI journey in hibernation, I think a lot of the people on here forgot that I haven't found a home yet!!

So hey, this PNAM is back in business!

.....Kelly

Last edited by navane; 10-28-2003 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-28-2003, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by navane
Hi CutiePie2000!
I am now home in the US. Could you please adjust my listing in the Roll Call thread to reflect that I am no longer "presently in England"? Thanks!!
Done!
Old 10-28-2003, 03:47 PM
Banned

Welcome home! I hope that everything continues well with your AI pursuit. Keep us updated as you can.

Sarah
AI - AOII '00