GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,408
2 members and 1,406 guests
naraht, Sen's Revenge

Old 09-22-2009, 10:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Trouble ahead at Penn State after student death

Fiji and ATO could be heading for trouble, after a freshman was found dead in a stairwell after visitng ATO, then his sister's apartment, then Fiji.

His friends left him at Fiji, and he attempted to walk back to the freshman dorms alone at 3 am, which was the last anyone saw him alive. After a day-long, campus-wide search, they found his body, which had sustained head trauma from what looks like a fall.

Details (as far as they are known) here

Assuming he was drunk, why would the guys he started the night with or the people he was visiting at Fiji let him walk home alone?
Old 09-22-2009, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
We didn't walk every one home after a party (unless it was a friend), as we assumed you would leave with who brought you.

However, this instance was a guy that came with friends, who left him. And also had friends in the house, who let him leave. That is really bad on both groups of people.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Really sad story!! I'm not clear if the stairwell he fell down is at a dorm or an academic building. It just seems strange that his body was not found for days, you'd think there'd be foot traffic in the stairwells of a dorm. If it's not a dorm, then why was he there at 3 am?

His poor family - what a nightmare!!
Old 09-22-2009, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

The stairwell is behind an academic building - stairs leading to the basement that maintenance would use, but not students or teachers.

I'm guessing (just a guess) that he might have gone back there to relieve himself, and fallen.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh, that makes sense. Such a tragedy!
Old 09-24-2009, 07:50 PM
GreekChat Member

My boyfriend goes to Penn State and told me about this. What a sad story. My thoughts go out to his family and the PSU community.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionTamer View Post
The stairwell is behind an academic building - stairs leading to the basement that maintenance would use, but not students or teachers.

I'm guessing (just a guess) that he might have gone back there to relieve himself, and fallen.
My guess is that he thought East was too far of a walk and was disoriented in that part of campus (something that has happened to myself late at night) and decided he wanted to head back downtown to his sisters aparment which is on the edge of campus
Old 10-01-2009, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

FIJI and ATO suspended:

http://postgazette.com/pg/09274/1002294-100.stm