GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,979
3 members and 1,976 guests
naraht, Sarak24034, Xidelt

Old 06-02-2004, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via AIM to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via Yahoo to PhiPsiRuss
Arrow John Kerry Validates the "Axis of Evil"

He may not like the phrase, and he has yet to explicitly approve of it, but yesterday, John Kerry validated the "Axis of Evil."

Remember when the "Axis of Evil" was first mentioned? Many people responded with disbelief that these three nations were named.

Well, yesterday, John Kerry made a speech about American defense policy under a Kerry administration. Which three nations did he focus on? Iraq, Iran, and North Korea.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-02-2004, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to swissmiss04
Hardly surprises me that he said this, since he's infamous for saying what people want to hear. To be honest, I'm glad someone said something about N. Korea. God forbid we forget that they actually have nukes.
Old 06-02-2004, 04:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by swissmiss04
Hardly surprises me that he said this, since he's infamous for saying what people want to hear. To be honest, I'm glad someone said something about N. Korea. God forbid we forget that they actually have nukes.
Who hasn't said anything about N. Korea? And what hasn't been done about N. Korea that you so believe should be done??

-Rudey
Old 06-02-2004, 04:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Kerry wants to start talks with North Korea to get North Korea to disarm according to his speach. Some of the republicans in reaction to it said Kerry wants to get in bed with North Korea. Is disarming bad and invasion the only good thing?
Old 06-02-2004, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by The1calledTKE
Kerry wants to start talks with North Korea to get North Korea to disarm according to his speach. Some of the republicans in reaction to it said Kerry wants to get in bed with North Korea. Is disarming bad and invasion the only good thing?
You really do present things in such an unusual way. Have there been talks with N. Korea this year and last year under a Republican administration? Do you always feel the need to get creative with what you leave out and how you present information? Because it gets annoying.

-Rudey
Old 06-02-2004, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via AIM to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via Yahoo to PhiPsiRuss
Quote:
No one, in a position of power, has proposed invading North Korea. It would be a great idea to invade North Korea, if South Korea wouldn't get hit hard by the North. This would be one of those rare occasions (like Iraq) where fewer civilians would die as a result of a war, than as a result of the status quo.

North Koreans would have to consent to being disarmed, and it would have to be verifiable. The Clinton administration's approach to North Korea could have been scripted by Neville Chamberlain, and now they have nukes. John Kerry has only proposed dialogue. Big deal. He has no credible plan.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
You really do present things in such an unusual way. Have there been talks with N. Korea this year and last year under a Republican administration? Do you always feel the need to get creative with what you leave out and how you present information? Because it gets annoying.

-Rudey
Have there been talks in the last year or so? Hmm I need to research that and see if there hae been so I can be "more informed". Any idea what site would provide me that informantion? Thanks.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Only way we'd even consider invading the DANKs (Dumb Assed North Koreans) is if we nuke 'em into oblivion first. Hopefully before they drop one of their nukes in the South.

Unfortunately, you'd piss off China, Russia and Japan to all hell with the resulting fallout from the impromptu urban renewal...

Alpha Alpha (University of Oklahoma) Chapter, #814, 1984
Old 06-02-2004, 06:08 PM

Actually, China might stand up and cheer. I don't think they're entirely comfortable with the North Koreans right now.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Have there been talks in the last year or so? Hmm I need to research that and see if there hae been so I can be "more informed". Any idea what site would provide me that informantion? Thanks.
Why was my post deleted? I can easily repost. Nobody insulted anyone at all. One of the questions at the bottom has to be true.

Fact: You find a bunch of useless articles to post on this website. They are often actually in sections of publications called "useless". This means you do search the net for news.

Fact: There have been many talks with N. Korea.

Fact: You present half truths and lies about the Republican administration and have done so repeatedly.

Question: Are you ignorant?

Question: Do you lack intelligence?

Question: Are you deceptive?

-Rudey
--Every time we play the delete Rudey posts, you lose.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltAlum
Actually, China might stand up and cheer. I don't think they're entirely comfortable with the North Koreans right now.
China isn't there to play sides. Neither is America. Everyone is there to cover their own ass and to take care of their own interests. The only reason the Chinese bend is for money.

-Rudey
Old 06-02-2004, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

lol
Old 06-02-2004, 07:56 PM

Quote:

Does that mean you support the Bush administration for negotiating with Kadafi to dismantle Libya's WMDs?
Old 06-02-2004, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by madmax
Does that mean you support the Bush administration for negotiating with Kadafi to dismantle Libya's WMDs?
Yes and I agree with their stance on Afghanistan. If Bush could do the same with North Korea I would support that as well.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to swissmiss04
Qadaffi is one strange mo-fo....