GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,754
2 members and 1,752 guests
Cookiez17

Old 08-19-2004, 06:58 PM

Good luck!
Old 08-20-2004, 01:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Have a FABULOUS time!!!! Good luck!
Old 08-22-2004, 09:34 PM
peanutttu

How did it go?!?!?! Anxiously awaiting updates!!!!
Old 08-22-2004, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Please please please please tell. We know bids have been handed out. Where did you go? Was it your top choice. Do tell inquiring minds HAVE to know.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 08-22-2004, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

i am so sorry. things have just been so crazy around here.

unfortunately i dropped out of recruitment on pref day. it was a VERY hard decision, but i felt it was the best thing to do at the time. i was down to two houses (we were only able to visit a maxium of 3 that day) but i never felt comfortable at either house. i constantly had akward conversations with both of these houses and i believe the only reason they asked me back is because they didnt turn down anyone. so i decided that it would be in my best interest to drop out and try again in either the spring or the fall. like i said it was a very tough decision for me to make, but after talking with my mom and my rho gam and spending much time contemplating it, i don't reget my choice. once again, i am sorry i did not keep this thread updated and thank you for all of your support. i promise next time if i rush i will be much much better about keeping everyone informed.

Last edited by nolegirl17; 08-22-2004 at 11:37 PM.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
Quote:
Originally posted by nolegirl17

unfortunately i dropped out of recruitment on pref day. it was a VERY hard decision, but i felt it was the best thing to do at the time. i was down to two houses (we were only able to visit a maxium of 3 that day) but i never felt comfortable at either house. i constantly had akward conversations with both of these houses and i believe the only reason they asked me back is because they didnt turn down anyone. so i decided that it would be in my best interest to drop out and try again in either the spring or the fall. like i said it was a very tough decision for me to make, but after talking with my mom and my rho and spending much time contemplating it, i don't reget my choice. once again, i am sorry i did not keep this thread updated and thank you for all of your support. i promise next time if i rush i will be much much better about keeping everyone informed.
Keep your head because there is no shame...
Old 08-23-2004, 01:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Quote:
Originally posted by nolegirl17

unfortunately i dropped out of recruitment on pref day. it was a VERY hard decision, but i felt it was the best thing to do at the time. i was down to two houses (we were only able to visit a maxium of 3 that day) but i never felt comfortable at either house. i constantly had akward conversations with both of these houses and i believe the only reason they asked me back is because they didnt turn down anyone. so i decided that it would be in my best interest to drop out and try again in either the spring or the fall. like i said it was a very tough decision for me to make, but after talking with my mom and my rho gam and spending much time contemplating it, i don't reget my choice. once again, i am sorry i did not keep this thread updated and thank you for all of your support. i promise next time if i rush i will be much much better about keeping everyone informed.
((((((nolegirl17))))))

You have NO REASON to apologize to us! You did what you felt was best for you, and none of us will EVER be disappointed that you didn't keep us up-to-date. We all know that it's a privilege to be hearing about all the PNM's recruitment stories, and while we do get addicted (), we just want to see each one of you at the perfect place for you, so you can experience the type of sisterhood that each one of us found with our respective organizations. Best of luck to you with whatever you choose to do, and I hope you stick around GC!
Old 08-23-2004, 06:32 AM
GreekChat Member

sweetie....
you did the right thing for you at this time.
just get to class, enjoy everyone you meet along the way and see what develops.
we remain your friends and thoroughly with you.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:05 AM
GreekChat Member

nolegirl- don't forget about Sigma Delta Tau colonizing. you could very well find your home there!!!
Old 08-23-2004, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

nolegirl

what all my panhellenifc sisters just said!!you might check out sdt.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:12 AM
GreekChat Member

You have nothing to apologize for! Ditto to above, look into Sigma Delta Tau
Old 08-23-2004, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes... what Polarpi said! The last thing we'd want you worrying about is keeping us informed. It's an honor to share your journey with you.

I'm very sorry that things did not go as you'd hoped but you already have a positive, mature attitude about it. I think you made the right decision. So often we tell young women not to discount houses that aren't their first choices but I think it's equally important not to go with a house just because the option is still there. You need to feel comfortable and happy with the group. If that didn't happen this time... then next time might be quite different.

Best of luck to you in school! Focus on your studies.... meeting new people... and enjoying your college experience. It goes by so quickly!
Old 08-23-2004, 10:00 AM
GreekChat Member

well i did look into sigma delta tau but there are some things that i am uncertain about. first, how much importance is placed on the jewish aspects of it? i am christian, and feel like being a part of something with different religious values would be akward. second, since i would be part of the founding members, how difficult would that be? does any one know if they already have a house? I guess I just need to find out some more information on it.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:19 AM
GreekChat Member

I am a Catholic member of Alpha Epsilon Phi, a historically Jewish sorority like SDT. And while I cannot speak for SDT I can speak from a similar background. I have never felt uncomfortable being a non-Jew in AEPhi at either the local or national level and this is after four years of membership and having served as chapter president and attending a national convention. Also as a observant Catholic none of my experience has conflicted with my beliefs and I see no reason why they would conflict with any other Christians beliefs.

I have no reason to believe anything else would be true for SDT. As Buttonz, who is in SDT on my campus, could attest at Brooklyn College they are a diverse and inclusive chapter.

Both of these organizations were founded and expanded so rapidly in part b/c of the exclusion of Jewish women from other sororities. Any exclusionary practices, I believe, would be in conflict with some aspects of our founding.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
UF56, WhiteDaisy, and SherbertLemons, among others, are colonizing sisters. Any of you all want to weigh in? I know that colonizing is hard work, but that it's well worth it.