GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,040
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, ausinpetrov7195

Old 08-22-2004, 11:17 AM

I'm sorry to hear things didn't work out.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

WGN, no sense to hold your head down by any means.

Fall Rush at schools such as LSU are very tuff to beging with.

Just set back, take a breath, work in riding, grades and semi relax.

As you go around this Semester, just meet Brothers from different Greek Fraternitys. Spring Recruitment is a lot more laid back.

What is great, is that you have given an insight upon what Males go through for rush. It is as hectic as any Soroity Rushes.

We will be in touch of course.

At you call anytime!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 08-22-2004, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

lsu recruitment

dear lsutigah, i am sorry that things didn't work out for you. if you still think that you might like to become a member of a fraternity, maybe we could offer some tips:

1. tom gave you a great one. try to meet guys from each group this semester, when the opportunity arises. the better they know you, the more they will want you as a member.

2. get involved in some activities on campus. in other words, get your name out there!! you mentioned sports-join an intramural team, join a club related to your major or a hobby you have, join young republicans or democrats, but become known.

anyone else?
Old 08-22-2004, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
lsutigah,

Tom and FSUZeta gave some really good advice. Get to know some of the guys in other areas like class, work, etc... Be a friend first and maybe brotherhood will follow.

I knew a guy who wanted to be an ABC really badly. He went through formal recruitment twice and countless CORs before he was extended a bid. His "problem" was that he wanted it so badly that he came off "stalkerish". Once he composed himself and started acting normal again, they gave him a chance.

In the meantime, you know that LSU has several hundred organizations from which to choose. There is definitely a place for everyone.

Good luck!
Old 08-22-2004, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
um, guys, I think he left.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lsutigah
-Hello Everyone-

Well, I decided to come back and give you guys a bit of a follow up with rush and stuff.

Not getting a bid from the houses that I wanted really sucked for me. I mean, talk about a humbling experience to say the least. You see, I went into rush completely confident in the fact that I would be the one doing all the cutting, and I wouldn't be getting cut. Well, those dreams were quickly shattered when I was cut from 3 of the 15 on the first day, one of which being my top house. Hell, even a house that I was a legacy in cut me!

When I decided to withdraw before the last round, I was pretty damn depressed. I mean, it sucks to know that you're just not "good enough" to be one of "those" guys. At the same time, I was determined to make this experience a good one.

I decided to sit back and take a look at myself and see where I need to make improvements in my life. I mean, let's face it- I'm obviously doing something wrong to make these certain houses cut me. Even though some of the houses called to tell me beforehand what was going to happen, and that it was only due to 1 or 2 guys in the house who weren't going to allow me to be a member.

I figure that everything happens for a reason, and I obviously needed to learn a big lesson in humility and to accept others. I'm a pretty arrogant SOB at times, definately an attitude that needs to be changed.

So, now that I'm not greek, I'm going to take the extra time that I now have to really try and work on "me" and really try to become a better person.

I will tell you this, it sucks pretty bad when you drive by the houses at night and see everyone out in the front yard all dressed up for their exchange...and I'm on my way to go study or something.

In a nutshell, I'm still pretty upset with the way things ended up, but at the same time I'm convinced that some sort of good will come out of it and that there is a reason for it.

Thanks for all the kind e-mails and PM's, you guys have been a great support group. I wish all of you well, and I'll occasionally make a stop by and see how things are going.

LSUTIGAH
Old 08-27-2004, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TigerGirl52
Hey Tigah:

Sorry to hear about your rush experience. I really feel that those houses are missing out on a great guy. You seem like you've got a good head on your shoulders. Best of luck in all that you do. At least you still have a great football season to look forward to this semester! GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

Allison