GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,044
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, NikiMussen
» Online Users: 1,489
0 members and 1,489 guests
No Members online

Old 08-20-2004, 09:40 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm going to start checking this thread at 11:02 ...
More good wishes to your daughter and I hope she gets her favorite cookies today!
Old 08-20-2004, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Update

Hey Everyone! Before I give an update I just want to say how much I appreciate all your encouragement. I actually got goosebumps this moring when I read the thread! I can't wait to get my "Proud to be a GLO Mom" mug!

So....SeminoleDaughter had more good news this morning- 8 of 9 houses invited her back! What's ironic is that the 2 houses she expected to get cut from didn't cut her and the one that did, she thought was a "lock". I assume this is a rush violation, but when she told the girls rushing her in the house that cut her that she was nervous about this mornings cuts they told "she had nothing to worry about - they would LOVE to have her in their house". Oh well, she's absolutely thrilled with the houses she's going to today - Nutter Butters, Sausalitos, Oreos, Vanilla Cremes and Sugars.

She's so excited about Skit Day and really hopes the skits help her narrow her list because right now she would be thrilled to be in any of the houses she's going to today.

I'm soooooo happy for her - the next 2 days are going to be long ones for her poor obsessed mommy!
Old 08-20-2004, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Update

Quote:
Originally posted by SeminoleMom14
I'm soooooo happy for her - the next 2 days are going to be long ones for her poor obsessed mommy!
You and us, both!

I am so glad that your daughter is having a great time and is feeling good about the houses she will be going back to. When will we be getting the next update??
Old 08-20-2004, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Update

Quote:
Originally posted by AXOjen
You and us, both!

I am so glad that your daughter is having a great time and is feeling good about the houses she will be going back to. When will we be getting the next update??
She's supposed to call me when she's done tonight around 8:00. Yesterday she had the nerve to go home and eat dinner before she called me with an update but tonight she promised to call first thing!
Old 08-20-2004, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

If I could stop reading all these rush threads, I wouldn't feel so hungry!!!

Good Luck for seminoledaughter on skit day! I know it'll be so much fun for her.

Waiting on pins and needles, (or maybe chocolate chip cookies, and thin mints!)
Old 08-20-2004, 12:32 PM

Re: Update

Quote:
Originally posted by SeminoleMom14
I assume this is a rush violation, but when she told the girls rushing her in the house that cut her that she was nervous about this mornings cuts they told "she had nothing to worry about - they would LOVE to have her in their house".
Yes, that is a HUGE rush violation.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

SeminoleMom, once your daughter is cut, there is nothing that can be done to get her invited back in that sorority's formal recruitment parties, BUT it can be reported to a recruitment counselor. That chapter will face a recruitment violation. It won't help or hurt your daughter's rush at the other houses, but it is up to her if she feels she was misled and wants action to be taken.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by adpiucf
SeminoleMom, once your daughter is cut, there is nothing that can be done to get her invited back in that sorority's formal recruitment parties, BUT it can be reported to a recruitment counselor. That chapter will face a recruitment violation. It won't help or hurt your daughter's rush at the other houses, but it is up to her if she feels she was misled and wants action to be taken.
No, she would never consider reporting them. I think it was probably just an innocent mistake by an eager rusher.

She did like this house but really wasn't upset about being cut by them - just surprised. She said she really didn't even notice that they had cut her until after she had picked her top 5.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

congrats to her!!!
Old 08-20-2004, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Fantastic! Thanks for the update!
Old 08-20-2004, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

seminolemom

can't wait to hear how it went today!
Old 08-20-2004, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Ditto, can't wait for the update!
Old 08-20-2004, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I wish that I Had known about this website last year!!!
My daughter rushed at UK and had a great rush( full party schedule) and stupidly suicided one after pref!! she didn't get it but was snap bidded and has been very happy. Seminole mom, you have done your homework and are way ahead of the game to help your daughter.
I know how stressful it is be be sitting at home waiting.
Good luck to both of you!!
Old 08-20-2004, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Skit Day Update

Well...she FINALLY called....actually she didn't....I waited as long as I could and then I called her!

She really sounds exhausted now and didn't go into too much detail about the skits but she still really loves all the houses she saw today. She said the skits were really cute and finally there was singing!

Unfortunately, it stormed most of the day and she said they all looked like drowned rats for the last 3 houses of the day. She got stuck in the Sausalito house because of the lightning and all the sisters had to go upstairs while the PNM's waited downstairs for the rain to pass and when it didn't they just walked to the sugar house through the rain....with no umbrella.

She's not sure what time she's getting her invites tomorrow but is really hoping to get invites to the Nutter Butters, Sausalitos and Oreos but could easily see herself at any of the houses she went to today.

Cross your fingers for SeminoleDaughter tomorrow - only one more day to go!
Old 08-20-2004, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by leesek
I wish that I Had known about this website last year!!!
My daughter rushed at UK and had a great rush( full party schedule) and stupidly suicided one after pref!! she didn't get it but was snap bidded and has been very happy. Seminole mom, you have done your homework and are way ahead of the game to help your daughter.
I know how stressful it is be be sitting at home waiting.
Good luck to both of you!!
Thank you! I'm glad to hear your daughter found her home in the end - I hope mine does as well!

I was just telling my mom that I think I'm stressing about this more than she is (pathetic, I know). I think the whole thing is just keeping my mind off the fact that she's gone Don't know how I'm going to distract myself when recruitment is over - with other peoples GC rush threads I think!