GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,040
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, ausinpetrov7195
» Online Users: 1,343
3 members and 1,340 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 08-16-2004, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

SeminoleMom's FSU Rush Thread

Hey Everyone!

First of all, my daughter and I have been lurking on GC all Summer long and wanted to say thank you all so much for the great advice you give the PNM's. She would have been much more nervous and much less prepared if we hadn't found this site! We may have actually listened to the official policy of "recs are not necessary - it is the responsibility of the sorority to obtain them for you" and "dress is extremely casual"

Secondly, FSU Recruitment started today! I don't know which one of us is more excited, she or I, but I've been watching the clock all day waiting for her call! I can't wait to hear all about her first day - and I'll be sure to keep GC updated as well!

Thanks again for the wonderful information and guidance you all have offered!

SeminoleMom

p.s. She's going to kill me when she sees I posted this
Old 08-16-2004, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Woohoo! Glad there's finally an FSU rush thread. Good luck to your daughter!
Old 08-16-2004, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

dear seminole mom

hooray!!!!! an fsu recruitment thread!! there are so many good chapters at fsu.and after formal recrtuitment sigma delta tau will be colonizing!! i hope your daughter finds the house of her dreams!! AND i can't wait to hear how her first day went. if you go into detail, may i suggest making up names for each house.

PS: can you believe that when i went thru recruitment at fsu there were 17 sororities. boy, were my feet tired!!and my mouth too from all that smiling!!
Old 08-16-2004, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay SM14! Best of luck to "SeminoleDaughter14"

Old 08-16-2004, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Best of luck to your daughter! (And what a great mom for sharing the story with us! )
Old 08-16-2004, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to her! There are nothing but great houses down there so she can't go wrong!
Old 08-16-2004, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by polarpi
Best of luck to your daughter! (And what a great mom for sharing the story with us! )
Thanks PolarPi - you say "great mom"... she'll say "psycho mom".... I say Proud Mom!

Her last event is supposed to end at 5:30 followed by a 5:45 meeting with her Recruitment Counselor....so I'm hoping to hear from her in the next hour. Yay!!!
Old 08-16-2004, 05:27 PM
peanutttu

Best wishes to your daughter during recruitment! May she find the perfect home!! Look forward to hearing about her journey!
Old 08-16-2004, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Yay Seminole Mom! Make sure to keep us updated! Can't wait to hear all about your daughters experience!
Old 08-16-2004, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow, it's really great that you're sharing the excitement with your daughter. How awesome! Best wishes to her!

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Old 08-16-2004, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay! Seminole Daughter just called and sounded like she had a great day! She said all the houses were amazing and the girls were really really nice. She was worried about seeming shy but she said they all did a really good job of making everyone feel comfortable and she felt like all the conversations came pretty effortlessly.

She does have one concern that I thought maybe y'all could help out with. Thanks to the wonderful advice we read on GC she worked hard to get all her recs over the summer. She was able to obtain great recs for all but 2 houses. She visited both those houses today and while she's still keeping an open mind and knows there's still a long week ahead, she really loved both of them. Now she's really worried that even after all the effort she put into getting recs, not getting these 2 might kill her chance of getting into a house where she really feels at home. Is there anything she can do "last minute" to overcome the obstacle of not having a rec? If they invite her back to the next round, should she mention it?

Thanks for all the support - y'all are awesome!
Old 08-16-2004, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via AIM to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via Yahoo to PhiPsiRuss
This Seminole wishes your daughter the best! Its a great greek system.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
I have never seen an outstanding woman turned away from my chapter because she didn't have a Rec...It's awesome that y'all were able to get lot's of recs before hand, but if she falls in love with a chapter and thay fall in love with her, then they will find her a Rec. if it's required for them to have one...trust me...sororities don't let good girls go just because there is no rec. right from the start.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

^ I agree, they can easily find her a rec if they need to, and I don't think she should mention it.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks White Daisy! That's pretty much what I told her.

I just talked to her again and she said it rained a couple of times and they weren't allowed to bring umbrellas! We knew there was a possibility that they weren't going to get to bring purses (and they can't) but surely they should be able to bring umbrellas. Hopefully tomorrow will be sunnier!

She also said it was really funny the way you did just feel more at home in certain houses than in others. She had read that repeatedly on GC but wasn't so sure she would just "get that feeling". She was really surprised that even though all the houses were super nice and she didn't have anything bad to say about any of them...some just felt more comfortable than others.

I'm so excited for her!