GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,594
1 members and 1,593 guests
haleyjuniroz689

Old 08-15-2004, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sunshinesmiles
From what I heard, there are either 1200 or 1500 girls going through recruitment at UF this year so there are a lot of us.

Woah!!!! That's a lot of girls!!

I'm glad you're confident and ready to go. I'm still wishing you the best!!

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Old 08-15-2004, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Glad you had fun at orientation Wishing you the best!

--Sharon
Old 08-15-2004, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to triskit03
Good luck and have fun!
Old 08-16-2004, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

good luck!!! I can't wait to get back to my house on Bid Day (i can't participate in recruitment as an RA)....

...and I want to read about your experience.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Bid Day

Bid Day is usually a sundress. You'll get t-shirts and a goody bag from your house once you get there.... but for the group photos and all that, the girls are wearing bright sundresses.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, it's my favorite time of year!!!! Can't wait to hear about your recruitment experience!
Old 08-16-2004, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

It's 4:45pm EST... I hope that you're having fun right now and that you're not too tired from such a long day!

Let's see... weather.com says that it is 90 degrees but feels like it is 94. My goodness, that's hot! I hope you have those coffee filters that I've recently learned about. I also hope those scattered storms aren't affecting you.

Keep us posted!!
Old 08-16-2004, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Can't wait to hear how your first day was!!
Old 08-16-2004, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Despite the heat, I'm sure you shined today. Good luck during the rest of the week. Remember, follow your heart, and you'll find your home!!
Old 08-16-2004, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
I want updates!!! Hope your having tons of fun!!

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 08-17-2004, 07:10 PM

How about an update??? Suspense is killing me
Old 08-17-2004, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to UFSigKap
There were a little over 1300 girls registered for recruitment. But because of the hurricane hitting the Ft Myers through Orlando areas so bad more than 100 girls did not show up for Round 1. Just thought yall might want a little update while we wait to hear their stories.

Sigma Kappa Alumna

University of Florida
Old 08-17-2004, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Round 1 update

Hey everyone! Sorry I waited until the 2nd day of round 1, but I wanted to see all the houses before I posted anything. Both days have been great and I have already met some wonderful women. It has been incredibly hott (whoever had the idea of holding rush right now had obviously never been to Florida in August But we have avoided most of the rain except for this evening after the last party when we got poured on as we left the last chapter. Oh well. But anyway, tonight I'm just sitting tight and waiting for the morning. At 10am we report to campus to see which houses have invited us back and then make our preliminary preference if more than 10 houses have asked you back (we can only go to 10 the second round). So I'll update you all tomorrow on that. But since I said Id name all the chapters after cities, Im going to give you a run down on how each visit went. Thanks for keeping up with my thread everyone!

Round 1
Day1

The DALLAS house had the cutest skit I saw all day!
The ROME house was decorated adorably and the girls were all very southern which reminded me of my family and made me feel comfortable
The PHILADELPHIA house had some great women who seemed very involved on campus which is definitely a plus
The NEW YORK house made the biggest impression upon me thus far. The girls all struck me as very genuine and they all made great conversation which was a great break from all the ‘typical’ questions that I felt like I had answered a million times already (although I understand why most chapters do ask the same questions!)
The SAN DIEGO house was my first house for the day and I was definitely impressed by this house. The sister that rushed me talked a lot about why she chose her sorority and she really made me understand how important her sisterhood was to her.
The CHICAGO house was absolutely beautiful! The women here seemed very organized and happy to welcome the PNMs to their home.
The BALTIMORE house had another one of the good skits that I saw for the day. The first sister I spoke with seemed extremely nervous to be rushing girls which actually made me feel better to know that they’re nervous on the other side too
The NEW ORLEANS house was another house that seemed to be very involve don campus from what I could gather (we only had 20 minutes at each house!)
The LOS ANGELES house was a house I was really looking forward to visiting as I have a few close friends in this chapter. I was the most nervous before this house but was rushed by an awesome women who helped me feel more comfortable.

Day 2

The BOSTON house was the first for day 2. Today seemed to be hotter than yesterday and before I even got into this house, I felt like I looked pretty gross from all the humidity (my hair was frizzing) but the girl who rushed me was very talkative and friendly.
The PARIS house was a lot of fun. The house was adorned from wall to wall with their mascot which is one of my absolute favorite animals.
The SAN FRANCISCO house was great despite a little bit of rain as we waited outside. They had a gorgeous garden room and they wore absolutely adorable outfits.
The MIAMI house was another house I was slightly nervous about going into because a good friend of mine is already a sister there and all of the girls I have met through her have been amazing.
The LONDON house had a great recruitment routine. They planned the party to fit in conversation with a sister, a tour of the house, and a pretty lengthy skit. Good planning I must say for the 20 minutes!
The LAS VEGAS house had a great skit. I was rushed by a girl who was from my hometown (although I hadn’t known her previously) and we had a lot to talk about.
The DENVER house had a great skit which included their house mom. She was very funny!

And that’s it for Round 1! I’ll get back to you all tomorrow to let you know where Ive been invited back.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

You sound like you are having a great time!!!! Can't wait to hear where you are going back to. Sending good vibes!!!!!
Old 08-17-2004, 10:21 PM

It sounds like you had lots of fun today. Keep it up

Lakers Nation.