GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,044
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, NikiMussen
» Online Users: 1,530
1 members and 1,529 guests
Sarak24034

Old 05-01-2003, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Quote:
Originally posted by DeltaBetaBaby
Which thread is this, and how did I miss it???
It's here

Here's what JAM said:
Quote:
LSU has changed the date for Fraternity Rush. It used to occur after school started, but they tentatively scheduled it for Aug. 20.I THINK the girls will begin on the 17th.

My son went to spring testing and attended one party (though not designated a rush party) and has been invited to a different fraternity party at the end of spring break. While at testing they went out and met some girls (they are such cuties) who started telling them who does what. When they came home and were sitting around the table, they talked about hazing and their opinions on the matter...
Old 05-01-2003, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

MTSU, you can do what a few other girls have done, if you think we can take the suspense - wait until AFTER rush and then post a blow by blow account (not naming names if you like) - that way it won't impact your rush process.

Aurora, I'm confused, I thought you were already Greek! Guess that means you were just meant to be Greek.

I'm getting so excited for everyone already!
Old 05-01-2003, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

My friend will be rushing at USC. I just pm'd her to see if she wants to do this incognito or not - it really should be her decision! I'm not sure which sororities are at USC.

honeychile
Old 05-01-2003, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

which usc? university of south carolina or university of southern california?
Old 05-01-2003, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnsDGsweethrt
which usc? university of south carolina or university of southern california?
U of Southern CA. I still haven't heard from her about her identity.

honeychile
Old 05-01-2003, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm THINKING about rushing...
Old 05-01-2003, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Aurora, good luck. Hopefully the third school will be the charm for you!
Old 05-01-2003, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

For all of us out there who have done the rush thing more than once I have a really strong question and I imagine answers will vary depending on organization, BUT how do you look at those girls you've seen on campus who have rushed and who are back?

I remember being at the rec center after rush and a girl whom I had math with asked did you end up anywhere and I said no and she said the system sucks and quite a few girls asked me this. I'll be walking around campus and some girls will smile at me and seem really nice.

So, now we're at the parties ok and I don't see these girls, I get paired with someone I haven't even met, but that's fine, I like to meet new people and learn their interests. BUT are the girls that smile to me on campus and are polite to me, are they allowed to vote for me if they did not technically talk with me at the party?
Old 05-01-2003, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I think every sorority has a slightly different voting system. However, the way we do it (I don't think this is privileged information) is that anyone who knows the girl has a say.

Reason: Imagine this totally psycho girl from your high school is rushing. You know she tortures squirrels. But she seems sweet on first meeting her. Obviously, the sorority would benefit from your information. It works in reverse too: A really great girl seems shy, but you know she's just nervous, not stuck up.
Old 05-01-2003, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Question

Quote:
Originally posted by ToBeSororityGrl
For all of us out there who have done the rush thing more than once I have a really strong question and I imagine answers will vary depending on organization, BUT how do you look at those girls you've seen on campus who have rushed and who are back?
I don't think this varies on the organization.. I think this varies more with the individual people.
Old 05-02-2003, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by FuzzieAlum
I think every sorority has a slightly different voting system. However, the way we do it (I don't think this is privileged information) is that anyone who knows the girl has a say.

Reason: Imagine this totally psycho girl from your high school is rushing. You know she tortures squirrels. But she seems sweet on first meeting her. Obviously, the sorority would benefit from your information. It works in reverse too: A really great girl seems shy, but you know she's just nervous, not stuck up.
Fuzzie Alum, you have the most darling posts! I was ROTFL from the "squirrel torture"!!

But to the question, just as texas*princess said, it depends upon the pnm. My one roomie had her heart set on ABC while a freshman, suicided, and didn't get a bid. The next year, she rushed everyone, but the year's distance made her realize that ABC wasn't for her. When she came to us during rush, she talked to the woman who had rushed her the year before and explained that she hoped that ADPi would give her a chance. Of course, we did - and she eventually became our President!

So, ToBeASororityGirl, my advice is to keep your options open, and let it be known that last year was last year - this year, you're going to give everyone an equal look. I do hope you find your sorority home!
Old 05-02-2003, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

If my friend doesn't announce her screen name, I'm going to tell y'all a bit later!!

I'm so excited!!
Old 05-02-2003, 12:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by honeychile
So, ToBeASororityGirl, my advice is to keep your options open, and let it be known that last year was last year - this year, you're going to give everyone an equal look. I do hope you find your sorority home!
I totally agree!!!

yay 4 honeychile's friend going through rush!!!
Old 05-02-2003, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

yesterday i was writing a letter to a woman who is going to write one of my recs for me (i still have sooo many more to get, by the way, but i'm making some progress!). one of the things i told her was that already, though i'm not a part of greek life and may never be, i'm feeling the support and guidance that greek women have to offer. everyone i have talked to so far, whether it be a girl from my school or any one of you on gc, has been so very kind and helpful. i just want to tell you all thank you and that all of the rushees on this board are lucky to have you around!
Old 05-02-2003, 10:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to EagleChick19
Re: An AST recruitment story!!

Quote:
Originally posted by PsychTau
YAY Mandelion!!! An AST recruitment story!

I've been feeling left out!! I can't wait to hear how it goes. Good Luck!!

And I'm so proud/happy for BlazerCheer giving it another shot! Can't wait to hear her story too!
I'm with PsychTau. I am so glad that there's an AST recruitment story!